Picking 8th

Superduperman

Would have been 5th had they lost to GB.

Honestly I'm not too upset that they beat the Packers 31-0 in Lambeau. If they'd been picking 5th, they still would have missed out on the the only two players at this point that I consider clearly head and shoulders above, Ferrell and Q. Williams. They still have quite a few DL's to choose from that are pretty close, it's only a matter of what flavor you want, from a plus-size interior tackle to an edge-bending speed rusher, and anything in between.

Only problem is, both teams that potentially need a QB jumped them, so the chances of trading down just went from slim to none. Also, the chances of drafting Haskins or any other QB you'd want go from almost impossible to totally impossible.

We'll see how the Senior Bowl and combine shake things out, but if the Lions want DL help, any of these could be worth it (assuming Bosa, Williams and Ferrell are gone): Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, Jeffery Simmons, Rashan Gary, Derrick Brown, Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Montez Sweat, Raekwon Davis. And even if you take Greedy Williams or Devin White at 8, there's still guys like Zach Allen, Brian Burns, Dre'Mont Jones, Jerry Tillery. If they don't get a immediate-impact defensive lineman in either round one or two, it's a complete disaster.

Edit: On the other hand, both QB teams jumping them means that if Haskins and Drew Lock can show well, both the Giants and the Jags could take a QB, meaning the difference between 5 and 8 is one player, realistically speaking.

If Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen and Ed Oliver are gone, then I think a reach for Rashan Gary is the play. DL is already bad, and it's going to get a lot worse on paper when Ziggy moves to another state. We were 11th in sacks, and majority of those sacks were coverage sacks. Our DL is in worse shape than our DB's and we so badly need an interior pass rusher. 

My sleeper pick:  Zack Allen from Boston College.  He is more than strong enough to set the edge in the run game.  He is also a pretty good pass rusher.  He could play DE or slide inside.  If we have some good signings in free agency, this could be a good year to trade back and pick up a second round pick.  Given the number of high quality d-line prospects, we could trade back and still get an impact player.

6 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

How many 1st round tight ends can a team draft?

Watch the Lions as they hope the third times a charm.🙄

HAHAHAHA Hard to broadcast sarcasm but just felt like a real Liony like pick. lol. I thought it was funny at least, lol. 

Archived