GDT 2018: Wilcard Weekend - LA Chargers vs Baltimore Ravens - Sunday 1:05PM

drd23

1 minute ago, Danand said:

Exactly. Lamar had a bad game, thats it. On top of that he didn't get much help from neither oline, neither receivers and the play calling was suspect.

The only difference is we had the opportunity to change up the pace of the game with Flacco who is someone who could come in and do some damage immediately with his arm in a hurry up offense, who is more experienced etc.

There was no guarantee it would work, but at least we instead would have tried something. This felt like we accepted the loss with the rookie QB and had it as a learning experience. Somehow we got a chance to get back, but not because we made the right decisions, at least that is what I am thinking.

When we had 7 minutes left and were still running the ball into nowhere, that's when I felt we had given up as a team. We had no hurry, no nothing. But then Lamar made the play and suddenly everyone was like 'OH MY GOD, WE CAN WIN THIS.' and everything changed.

Still, adjusting your play calling could've gotten us better results too. The changes weren't limited to:

1) Benching Lamar

2) Doing nothing.

It was more fluid and complex than that.

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

Nah I've known since forever people never give our QBs credit.

The criticism tends to translate to- "I'm an entitled c**t, and I want/deserve a QB like Manning, Brady, or Rodgers", "I fundamentally don't understand the realities of the sport and how a winning club is built". 

24 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Shannon Sharpe is not happy xD

That's not accurate, though, that game was from 2009. It was his fourth playoff game. The first three:

9/23 for 135 yards

11/22 for 161 yards

13/30 for 141 yards, 3 INTs

I think Sharpe's point still stands, however. 

That might have been the saddest, most exciting, crazy game I have ever attended in person. One thing I do personally hate about the playoffs is all the entitled rich idiots who can afford to buy tickets, yet don't know sh*t about the game. 

As for the game, those last 5 minutes were incredible and give me a great deal of hope for the future with Lamar as our QB. Marty Moronwig absolutely deserves to be fired after this game. How you don't trust your QB to throw the ball in a playoff game until halfway through the fourth quarter is beyond me. And not only that, but the fact that they LITERALLY made no adjustments and came out with the same exact game plan as last time thinking the Chargers wouldn't adjust is mind-blowing!

Ultimately, I want to say we lost this game more ourselves than anything the Chargers did. Special Teams, Offense, Coaching and the refs all worked against us the first three quarters. Beyond that there's just so many what ifs:

What if Tony Jefferson doesn't suck and catches that easy interception? 

What if the refs don't suck and actually make the right call and allow us that 99 yard fumble return touchdown? 

What if they actually adjusted their game plan and allowed Lamar to throw earlier than 5 mins left in the fourth quarter? 

What if Justin Tucker makes that field goal earlier in the game? 

What if we opt to go for it,  with momentum on our side, vs attempting the field goal? 

What if we don't fumble to start the game? 

Those are the things that suck the most about this game. I legitimately don't think there's another team in the AFC that could have stopped us. Alas, it is what it is. 

The future is bright boys. Look forward to the draft. 

P. S. Personally, offensive line is TOP priority this off season, imo. 

1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Joe's a class act, no doubt. Handled the benching this season as well as he possibly could have. I was obviously one of those people who was ready for a change at QB but it doesn't mean I don't love that dude for life. Will be rooting for him wherever he ends up. 

Same here. I'm going to miss Joe man.

I live in CA and attended JaMarcus Russells' final game, that happened to be against the Ravens. There were like 9 SOS Crips screaming "The N Word" at Mr. Russell. "Get that -- off the field" "Get that -- off the field". Over and over. 

Other Raider fans were cheering them on. They also kept screaming "Uso" "Uso", "Yo, you Samoan or Tongan bro?", to Haloti Ngata who did his best to ignore them.

Joe's final game with the team has me feeling nostalgic lol.

4 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I am the only one that didn't even realise Brandon Williams was active today?  He has fallen so far so quickly

Nah, I saw him out there. Brandon's had some strong moments this season(Falcons), but ultimately watching Michael Pierce dominate has confirmed what we all feared. That we made a horrible and needless investment in a Good-Great Nose Tackle. A highly questionable move in today's NFL.

Archived