GDT 2018: Wilcard Weekend - LA Chargers vs Baltimore Ravens - Sunday 1:05PM

drd23

The third gif (where it highlights Lamars footwork) is exactly what anyone would have seen in his college tape if they were looking.  Hopefully with a full off-season he can begin to address this.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On the first play of the post above (the cover 3), I actually don't think Jackson missed Andrews. The FS is right there and reading it the whole way. If Jackson tries to throw that, the FS breaks and it's picked off.

The moment the GIF freezes is also the moment that the Addae flips his hips from facing the near side (where Andrews is) to the far side, so it's certainly possible.  

I'm also not sure how a play like that can excuse the lack of passing plays called. Unless he's arguing that because of plays like that that Marty shouldn't have called passing plays?

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On the first play of the post above (the cover 3), I actually don't think Jackson missed Andrews. The FS is right there and reading it the whole way. If Jackson tries to throw that, the FS breaks and it's picked off.

Now, those run plays on the hand....whew.....

Yeah, that’s a clear bait. That was the same throw Lamar beat them on the last game and that safety knew it. He was chomping at the bit there. The only chance Lamar has on that one is throwing it RIGHT after Andrews runs past the corner and he drops it RIGHT on target. The elite QBs can make that throw and maybe a QB with elite arm talent can gun it in there fast enough. Maybe. But as a rookie in a playoff game that isn’t the time to take such high risk passes. The time to make passes like that and build your passing confidence is in the early parts of the season, which Jackson didn’t have the benefit of playing in.

Lost in all this analysis of the offense,  one thing I found interesting during the game was Cyrus Jones looked like he was playing timid the entire time, he did a horrible job fielding punts and never really looked to get underneath any of them. I'm not sure if that was by design/instruction or his own nerves getting to him and not wanting to make a mistake in such a big moment, but every time he walked back to the sidelines and removed his helmet I'd see him cursing himself out. I know it was slightly windy/cold that day, but I wouldn't think that would have such a huge effect on punt returns. Did it look any different to you guys watching at home?

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lost in all this analysis of the offense,  one thing I found interesting during the game was Cyrus Jones looked like he was playing timid the entire time, he did a horrible job fielding punts and never really looked to get underneath any of them. I'm not sure if that was by design/instruction or his own nerves getting to him and not wanting to make a mistake in such a big moment, but every time he walked back to the sidelines and removed his helmet I'd see him cursing himself out. I know it was slightly windy/cold that day, but I wouldn't think that would have such a huge effect on punt returns. Did it look any different to you guys watching at home?

I did notice one sequence where I thought he would normally try and field a return, but similarly thought that maybe the gameplan was calling for him only to field punts when he had space for fear of losing the ball and creating a turnover in such a big game. So yeah, there was definitely something there.

Good listen (as expected).  Interesting that Ken didn't find that the so called tips (from Stanley's stance as to what the play call was) that were reported in the news were actually tips.  I wonder if it was just bragging by the the Chargers players or if they saw something even more nuanced than Ken could see?

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

Good listen (as expected).  Interesting that Ken didn't find that the so called tips (from Stanley's stance as to what the play call was) that were reported in the news were actually tips.  I wonder if it was just bragging by the the Chargers players or if they saw something even more nuanced than Ken could see?

Seeing details on the actual field is much easier than with our bird eye view. Holdings, ball spots etc. is much easier to see when you are on the field. I can't see what the Chargers players gain from that statement, that would make them better. Its the same as when a defensive player recognizes cadence on snap counts etc.

Archived