Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

11 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

A good OT in this league is certainly getting a late first. Maybe the injury concerns hurt it some, but so long as he physically checked out, he could easily pull that.

And we'd be stupid to take it cause the chances you're getting a player as good as Conklin with that late first isn't very high, and then you still have to replace Conklin, cause I'm sorry, Kelly isn't a long term answer at OT. Or, lets say he is, you then have to replace your swing tackle, and I don't think I need to talk about how bad offensive line depth is in this league.

I would run my head through a wall if we traded Conklin for any offer that isn't other worldly.

Good OTs don't get traded that often. Cordy Glenn is the only one I can remember being traded recently, and Buffalo was entering a rebuild phase, Glenn was paid a lot and they badly needed to trade up in the Draft. All it took for Cincinnati to get him was a trade down of 9 spots and they moved up from the 6th round to Buffalo's 5th round pick. That's not a lot, and Glenn plays LT, which needless to say are worth more than RTs in general. It's also not hard to argue that at their best, Glenn has been a better player than Conklin.

Conklin was drafted top 10, but his stock was more like mid-1st. It's really hard to argue he played well or consistent enough for that stock to remain as high as it was on Draft day. He's also approaching the end of his rookie contract and he comes with injury concerns. Those are important things to keep in mind. Whoever would line up to trade for him, would do so knowing that A. it's possible he's only a stop gap due to injury concerns, therefore not worth paying for more than one year B. would have to pick up his 5th year option and/or C. sign him to a long term deal. So with all of that in mind, a late 1st would be pretty other worldly. I'm not saying take it, but it'd be foolish not to consider it, if that offer was to come. We have other talent on roster they will need to pay, this would save them some cap to do so and at the same time get them some pretty incredible compensation too. Plus Kelly is still under contract, who we know if needed, can hold it down just fine. Arguably at least at the same level of play Conklin has be able to for at least this past year.

I started a new season in Madden 19 as of the divisional round and it was very "realistic" experience.

Literally no one made it to free agency and Jordan Matthews was the only player of note that I could get. Literally not a single edge player worth note was a FA.

I drafted Christian Wilkins in the first round and Connor McGovern in the second round.

Mariota was sacked twice in the first game. On the first sack he was hurt and came out for 2 plays. On the second sack he was injured again and missed the remainder of the game and maybe future weeks. 

Gabbert came into the game down 7 in the 3rd and lead us to victory despite some horrible throws.

In Madden I picked up Kevin White from the bears once. And it got me to thinking we should really make a run at him.  On an one year deal. 

Take a chance on a former first round talent and see if we can strike gold. At worst be a camp body. Best case we get a Vandenbosh/ Ebron resurgence. 

16 hours ago, KingTitan said:

In Madden I picked up Kevin White from the bears once. And it got me to thinking we should really make a run at him.  On an one year deal. 

Take a chance on a former first round talent and see if we can strike gold. At worst be a camp body. Best case we get a Vandenbosh/ Ebron resurgence. 

I want TyRell Williams from the Chargers smooth route runner that can stretch the field I think he’ll command about 8 mill annually 

• Like 2

One of the biggest things I want us to address this offseason is our WR depth. Our Interior line on both sides of the ball and pass rush are no doubt our most dire needs, but some solid WR depth is right there on the level of overall importance too.  We definitely need to find a number 2 to complement Corey, and I wouldn't be opposed at all to doubling down on veteran WRs this offseason. With the way Jon operates, doubling down on Free Agent WRs probably won't happen, but I don't want to get in the situation we were in this year where we're relying on young UDFA receivers in crucial games throughout our season ever again.  Not to mention the health and inconsistency of Taywan and Tajae still leave a lot to be desired. I'd say Tajae is more consistent as a player than Taywan, but they both have also struggled to stay healthy.  If we could add a combo of Tyrell Williams and Golden Tate to pair with a returning Delanie and Corey, I'd feel really good about our offensive weapons.  I think that would give Marcus legitimate security blankets all over the field for the first time in his career, and give our offense the best chance to succeed.

I’m with you @SerenityNow I sound like a broken record but I keep saying WR and Guard are the 2 positions that we need to had veterans at and target D-Line and OLB with the first 2 picks in the draft.

Great kid I root for the guy to get better but Taywan Taylor absolutely killed us with drops all year long. The drop in Miami, I believe he had a drop vs the Jags 2 weeks later. He almost ran into the ref vs the Ravens or Chargers on deep balls one of those weeks. He dropped a 3rd down pass vs the Giants to kill that first drive the guy just isn’t reliable at the biggest moments. 

Sharpe is a good route runner the only guy on the team that understands zones and is able to find soft spots but the guy can’t run from a defender to save his life.

I keep saying the Titans need to add 2 WRs. I don’t think they would add big contracts but definitely some combo of Tate Williams Hogan Humphries and a few others would be nice gets

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m with you @SerenityNow I sound like a broken record but I keep saying WR and Guard are the 2 positions that we need to had veterans at and target D-Line and OLB with the first 2 picks in the draft.

Great kid I root for the guy to get better but Taywan Taylor absolutely killed us with drops all year long. The drop in Miami, I believe he had a drop vs the Jags 2 weeks later. He almost ran into the ref vs the Ravens or Chargers on deep balls one of those weeks. He dropped a 3rd down pass vs the Giants to kill that first drive the guy just isn’t reliable at the biggest moments. 

Sharpe is a good route runner the only guy on the team that understands zones and is able to find soft spots but the guy can’t run from a defender to save his life.

I keep saying the Titans need to add 2 WRs. I don’t think they would add big contracts but definitely some combo of Tate Williams Hogan Humphries and a few others would be nice gets

I'm passing on Hogan who has the same problem as Sharpe in regard to separation from what I can tell. But Tate, Williams, and Humphries would all be nice gets so I'm with you there. I wonder how much Robinson is willing to spend on WR's in free agency.

Hogan gets more separation than Sharpe. He’d be a good move the chains guy. His numbers went good but I can tell you he was open a lot this year and when Brady was hurt Brady was taking sacks or not even looking Hogan’s way. 

Hogans not at the top of my wish list but I wouldn’t be upset if he was 1 of 2 guys we signed but Tate or someone else needs to be the better of the 2 signings 

Edited by Titans fan 617

My offseason wish list

•Muhammad Wilkerson he was looking good though it was short lived 3 games, however he’s still young at 29 & I believe he’s the answer at NT or 5 tech DE. Every offseason we sign NT who hardly play because we play a lot of nickel & the NT is none factor because they can’t rush the passer.  Wilkerson is what we need a guy we can plug in next to Cassey & we can put heat on the QB. 

• 2nd Ziggy Ansah now before you guys say no thanks injury prone let’s rewind Brian Orakpo he too was very injury prone in Washington before joining the Titans. When healthy he can flat out wreck havoc on the DL 

• Tyrelle Williams WR, he’s the missing piece we need at WR, he’s a good route runner a deep threat that can stretch the field & I think he’s a upgraded version of Rishard Matthews. 

Trevor Siemian could he be the answer to our back up QB problems 🤷🏽‍♂️ Beats me but I’ll take him over Gabbert hell I take Rusty Smith over Gabbert. 

Got a few trade ideas as well but I’ll get to it after I get my mock draft done 

I agree about depth at WR though I am happy with our top three as s group.  One FA here might be the answer. Taylor got off to a horrible start with the drops as mentioned but was solid the last half  and sharpe was solid but being hurt didn’t help.

Mostly though I just really want a upgrade at OL and DL.  And we need to have a replacement for Morgan and one more cover guy to help the dime packages where we seem to get killed all the time 

so in some order those are my first four unless a incredibly skilled player drops in our lap you can’t pass up.   Such as taking the Stanford RB in third or fourth if he is there   A first round talent who is recovering from  injury

Cole Beasley is not someone I see being talked about too much but I think he could be a solid fit for the Titans and fill the WR role the Titans need which is a shifty slot man. I think he will be leaving Dallas and could be had cheaper than Tate and to me has the ability to put up solid numbers.

I would not break the bank for any of the free agent WRs and to me the ones worth it are Tate and Beasley. I get the logic for Tyrell Williams but not at the price tag I have seen some throwing around.

1 hour ago, Titan89 said:

Cole Beasley is not someone I see being talked about too much but I think he could be a solid fit for the Titans and fill the WR role the Titans need which is a shifty slot man. I think he will be leaving Dallas and could be had cheaper than Tate and to me has the ability to put up solid numbers.

I would not break the bank for any of the free agent WRs and to me the ones worth it are Tate and Beasley. I get the logic for Tyrell Williams but not at the price tag I have seen some throwing around.

I think he’s worth anywhere 7-10 mil that’s like normal for a solid WR even #2

I don't understand the obsession with Beasly... he's just an average guy...  only once having eclipsed 700 yards, and never over 850.  He has more sub 500 seasons than 500+ seasons.  As disappointing as Taylor last season (and I know he plays a different position), he essentially provided what Beasley has averaged for his career (and not far off from his last 4 years average).  

Tate I would spend a good chunk of money for... but if he's not the guy we land, we can find some value, especially if we're looking at a "slot" guy.  Cobb and Crowder are both coming off down seasons, and both would provide potentially great value.  Not only is Cobb younger and more athletically gifted, he's also been more productive (even forgetting his career best season, his 4 year average outpaces Beasley's).

Crowder is the real sleeper here though... he's still 25, and was highly productive with Cousins prior to his departure.  I'd take him over Beasley even at the same salary, and I have a feeling Crowder can be had for significantly less.  I'd buy on Crowder if Tate was not an option.  

I'd like to look at an outside WR as well... but that market looks pretty dry.  Williams is just about it, right?  John Brown will probably be grossly overvalued...  Hogan is underwhelming... Funchess is underwhelming... Moncrief I really liked last offseason, and I think with a real QB he could still make a jump, but he's also underwhelming.  White is a big risk, but a possible bargain if he can stay healthy (big if).  Kearse, Inman, Matthews could be decent options if we're looking to add a veteran (if Tate is not the guy brought in)... 

• Like 1