Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I said the same thing when the season ended. We have a ton of great guys on the team but just lack a little bit of nasty

Lewan is nasty, Vaccaro has some nasty in him. Wouldn't mind Rashaan or Corey becoming a bit nastier as they age. Jayon is just too nice and fun-loving of a guy, but that's OK.

now if MARCUS became a sand-baggin sonofab...

I said it over & over & over this team takes on the personality of the QB. Remember the McNair days we played wit passion heart & nastiness. VY Years we played with a swagg & energy. We play even kill laid back because that’s mariota. When Marcus shows emotions we feed off it, ex the jaguars game he stuffed arm church & the chiefs game.. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Lewan is nasty, Vaccaro has some nasty in him. Wouldn't mind Rashaan or Corey becoming a bit nastier as they age. Jayon is just too nice and fun-loving of a guy, but that's OK.

now if MARCUS became a sand-baggin sonofab...

Vaccaro def is nasty Lewan is when a flag gets thrown on a cheap shot but this team let its QB take a beaten over and over again and no one on that O-Line ever takes it personally.

This comment is going to come off weird but try to follow me on it but we have way too many guys that just do what their told way too much and don’t have the instincts to be great or make a great play on their own. 

Byard is the only guy that shows it at times and what I mean by that is how many times do teams do the same thing over and over and over again and the Titans do nothing about it? Go look at Byards INT vs the Giants, he was not suppose to be where he went to make the play but he said they ran this play all day and I had enough of it and went to go get the ball. 

We don’t have enough guys that can do that. Granted you don’t want a bunch of guys leaving assignments and blowing coverages but the way Byard felt about that particular play we don’t have enough guys on the team to say F this I’m sick of getting beat like this I’m going to take a chance and make a play.

Offensively we have too many guys that only know how to run the route that’s given but when plays break down guys jump offsides we have no one that knows how to extend a play a break off the assigned route to give Marcus a chance to make a play.

I know what I’m saying isn’t exactly considered being nice but I feel by them not having a little meanness or a little swag one guys hold themselves back  

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I said it over & over & over this team takes on the personality of the QB. Remember the McNair days we played wit passion heart & nastiness. VY Years we played with a swagg & energy. We play even kill laid back because that’s mariota. When Marcus shows emotions we feed off it, ex the jaguars game he stuffed arm church & the chiefs game.. 

You could be right but I really don’t blame Marcus. I think during games he plays with some swag but once in a while it would be nice to see him blow a gasket on the sidelines. I don’t even mean like single out a player and embarrass him on the sidelines in game but sometimes he needs to huddle people around and be the guy leading the charge and not waiting on coaches to do it for him.

I will say a few Titans who I feel need to amp it up a bit is Davis Conklin and Adoree especially Adoree but those 3 are suppose to be pillars of this franchise going forward they gotta play with some more nasty

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

You could be right but I really don’t blame Marcus. I think during games he plays with some swag but once in a while it would be nice to see him blow a gasket on the sidelines. I don’t even mean like single out a player and embarrass him on the sidelines in game but sometimes he needs to huddle people around and be the guy leading the charge and not waiting on coaches to do it for him.

I will say a few Titans who I feel need to amp it up a bit is Davis Conklin and Adoree especially Adoree but those 3 are suppose to be pillars of this franchise going forward they gotta play with some more nasty

While I agree that the team needs to add some more attitude and nastiness to it, we're not going to just be able to cherry pick guys on the team already and tell them to play with more attitude if that isn't in their personalities.  That's going to have the opposite effect than we want, because it'll come off as disingenuous. I think we need more vocal leaders on the team especially with the retirement of Orakpo, and Delanie here soon, but I don't think telling naturally quiet natured guys to assume that vocal leader role is the best course of action, because it's not genuine and guys in the locker room can sense when guys are faking it.

For what it's worth though... I think Marcus has lit a fire under the team vocally before, but he does that in private. I can't remember what game it was last year, but there were reports that he said some things before the game to pump the team up. I think we lost that game, but he did it lol. I don't think he's ever going to be that "RaRa" guy in public especially in the middle of a game, but I'd be willing to bet he's talked to guys in the locker room when he's seen problems. Just different styles of leadership.

Edited by SerenityNow

I don't really care about the nastiness unless that means being good at run-blocking. Nastiness in the OL would be the only position group where I would want the quality, but it's usually associated with bigger power blockers who bully guys to the whistle, not athletic guys who excel moving laterally and getting the appropriate angle, which is the direction we were headed the last we knew.

Rather than guys who are "mean", I want guys who are devoted. Those who place winning above everything. The guys that know their assignments like the back of their hand enabling them to play fast, reacting not thinking. 

When I listed off the edge names, I completely forgot about Shaquil Barrett and Dante Fowler.... Crazy considering I'm a big fan of Fowler as a 2nd/3rd tier Edge FA. Regardless, there's at least 13 good options in FA at the edge spot. Get one of those 13, a guy like Crowder at WR... And that's a solid pre draft offseason. If we could also get a couple solid/value interior lineman (o and d), we set ourselves nicely in the draft... With no real needs, it allows us to go bpa (at those 4 spots especially to build up these weaknesses into strengths). 

12 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I don't really care about the nastiness unless that means being good at run-blocking. Nastiness in the OL would be the only position group where I would want the quality, but it's usually associated with bigger power blockers who bully guys to the whistle, not athletic guys who excel moving laterally and getting the appropriate angle, which is the direction we were headed the last we knew.

Rather than guys who are "mean", I want guys who are devoted. Those who place winning above everything. The guys that know their assignments like the back of their hand enabling them to play fast, reacting not thinking. 

As a group both lines need to be bullies. I still want Corey Davis though to have a little diva ness to him. I don’t want him being a cancer but some of the all time greats in this league just have a certain swag about them. I know Larry Fitz is the only great WR who doesn’t have that about him but most of the WRs that are great play with an edge and I don’t feel Davis does that.

When we play the Jags Ravens Chargers or any team with a good CB on the other side Davis tends to disappear and accepts it. I just feel when great WRs go up against another great CB they don’t back down. They might not always have the best games but they don’t back down I feel like we can look at next years schedule and say Chargers Jags don’t expect it to see Corey Davis come up with a big catch or carry’s us during throughout the game with big 3rd down grabs.

I also feel like CB is another position you need a guy with some swag. Butler has I but just isn’t fast enough or tall enough at times to back his play up. The guys a gamer the guy doesn’t quit but Adoree should be the guy to amp it up because he has the speed and athleticism to be an all worldy player in this league but yet the guy runs the fastest when he’s not involved in a play.

Last year the 2 plays that stick out that I seen him use blazing speed for absolutely no reason was to chase down Lamar Miller which he never got and at the tail end of the Butler pick 6 he ran his fastest to jump into the end zone for no reason but when it comes time to return a punt he’s so indecisive and we have never seen him actually turn on the jets except in the preseason game against the Panthers a few years ago and vs the Seahawks when his Return got called back and a few other times. We seen Adoree struggle with Hill because Adoree is jogging with the guy and doesn’t run hard from the snap we seen Hilton blow right by him and it just frustrates me that this kid doesn’t seem to have the will to be great accepts trying to be good.

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

As a group both lines need to be bullies. I still want Corey Davis though to have a little diva ness to him. I don’t want him being a cancer but some of the all time greats in this league just have a certain swag about them. I know Larry Fitz is the only great WR who doesn’t have that about him but most of the WRs that are great play with an edge and I don’t feel Davis does that.

When we play the Jags Ravens Chargers or any team with a good CB on the other side Davis tends to disappear and accepts it. I just feel when great WRs go up against another great CB they don’t back down. They might not always have the best games but they don’t back down I feel like we can look at next years schedule and say Chargers Jags don’t expect it to see Corey Davis come up with a big catch or carry’s us during throughout the game with big 3rd down grabs.

I also feel like CB is another position you need a guy with some swag. Butler has I but just isn’t fast enough or tall enough at times to back his play up. The guys a gamer the guy doesn’t quit but Adoree should be the guy to amp it up because he has the speed and athleticism to be an all worldy player in this league but yet the guy runs the fastest when he’s not involved in a play.

Last year the 2 plays that stick out that I seen him use blazing speed for absolutely no reason was to chase down Lamar Miller which he never got and at the tail end of the Butler pick 6 he ran his fastest to jump into the end zone for no reason but when it comes time to return a punt he’s so indecisive and we have never seen him actually turn on the jets except in the preseason game against the Panthers a few years ago and vs the Seahawks when his Return got called back and a few other times. We seen Adoree struggle with Hill because Adoree is jogging with the guy and doesn’t run hard from the snap we seen Hilton blow right by him and it just frustrates me that this kid doesn’t seem to have the will to be great accepts trying to be good.

I disagree on the Davis part, because he gave Stephon Gilmore fits & he’s a top 10 corner, & if you remember Davis got into it wit Jalan Ramsey. Davis is a dog the problem wit Davis is he disappears in games when he’s not involved for some reason name Lefleur 😒. It’s no reason we shouldn’t have a game plan to get Davis the ball & Henry touches to get in rhythm 

4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I disagree on the Davis part, because he gave Stephon Gilmore fits & he’s a top 10 corner, & if you remember Davis got into it wit Jalan Ramsey. Davis is a dog the problem wit Davis is he disappears in games when he’s not involved for some reason name Lefleur 😒. It’s no reason we shouldn’t have a game plan to get Davis the ball & Henry touches to get in rhythm 

I knew someone was going to mention Gilmore. I know the numbers might say he’s a top 10 CB in this league and I’m probably the stubborn one for saying this but I just don’t think he’s a top 10 CB. Being able to see him on a weekly basis I just don’t feel like he is. Before he came to the Pats he use to get torched by the Pats on a yearly basis. He was on the defense that got roasted by Bortles last year in the AFC Championship on the SB team that got torched by Foles was on defense to get torched by Bortles again this year and by 2 other “mediocre” teams in the Lions and Titans so I don’t know I’m just not a believer in Gilmore 

3 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I knew someone was going to mention Gilmore. I know the numbers might say he’s a top 10 CB in this league and I’m probably the stubborn one for saying this but I just don’t think he’s a top 10 CB. Being able to see him on a weekly basis I just don’t feel like he is. Before he came to the Pats he use to get torched by the Pats on a yearly basis. He was on the defense that got roasted by Bortles last year in the AFC Championship on the SB team that got torched by Foles was on defense to get torched by Bortles again this year and by 2 other “mediocre” teams in the Lions and Titans so I don’t know I’m just not a believer in Gilmore 

He didn’t get torched in the super bowl it was Malcolm butler replacement, remember that’s why butler benching was made a big deal. & to be honest Gilmore did struggle some in buffalo but that was due mostly to bad coaching not knowing how to do what Belichick does, put players in position to win. Gilmore strength is man & press coverage in Buffalo they asked him to play off coverage a lot. You think the greatest coach of all time would make him 1 of the highest paid corners in the league if he wasn’t elite 🤔.. C’mon on talking bout a guy that’s not quick to spend top dollar on nobody because it’s his system. Gilmore problem is playing off coverage & times his aggressiveness led him getting beat to double moves & play action