Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

For football news Bucs are releasing Vinny Curry and the Texans will reportedly release Dymarius Thomas.

Hes not the kind of WR I want the Titans looking at he’s in the back 9 of his career coming of an Achilles injury probably doesn’t help his causes 

At least he adds another WR to the market.  More players in the market shifts if (even if slightly) from a seller's to a buyer's market... and may bring prices down a little bit (again, even if slightly).  For instance, say Tyrell is the unanimous top outside option at WR.  A couple of teams may bid up the price into the 12+M/year territory (don't forget Richardson, Lee , and Wilson were all 8M+ guys... and Moncrief got close to 10M for 1 year)  With DT, maybe it drops the price to 11M/yr.  But either way, whether we're players for either DT or Tyrell, it adds another body to the market (at the top end of the market), and gives us a better chance at landing someone decent at least. 

17 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Sounds like AB is officially asking out of Pittsburgh. 

I don’t expect the Titans to be in on him but it’s going to get talked about in this forum so where do people stand on him? 

Do you want the Titans attempting to trade for Brown?

No more than a 2nd

30 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I don’t expect the Titans to be in on him but it’s going to get talked about in this forum so where do people stand on him? 

Hell no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Depends on the asking price. Can’t deny his talent 

I want no part of him.  We'd have to give up draft capital, pay him an exorbitant salary and then deal with his wining when he doesn't get the ball enough.  He wasn't happy in Big Ben's offense, do we really think he'll just slide into our passing attack seemlessly?  No way.

• Like 2

I would take AB. With no hesitation. An elite receiver with precise route running and a consistent ability to get open and make contested catches? A veteran that our QB, in the biggest season of his career, can rely onto be in the right place and produce? Yeah, sign me up.

686 catches, 9,165 yards and 67 touchdowns over the last six years. The idea that anyone would want to pass is insane to me. Have you seen the wide receivers we gave Marcus last year? Hell, have you seen the wide receivers we’ve given Marcus his entire career?

if you think that we haven’t built a locker room that can handle a single diva receiver, than the last three years have been a complete waste. What’s the point of building a culture if, at some point, you can’t take a shot on arguably the best player in the league at arguably your biggest position of need?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I would take AB. With no hesitation. An elite receiver with precise route running and a consistent ability to get open and make contested catches? A veteran that our QB, in the biggest season of his career, can rely onto be in the right place and produce? Yeah, sign me up.

686 catches, 9,165 yards and 67 touchdowns over the last six years. The idea that anyone would want to pass is insane to me. Have you seen the wide receivers we gave Marcus last year? Hell, have you seen the wide receivers we’ve given Marcus his entire career?

if you think that we haven’t built a locker room that can handle a single diva receiver, than the last three years have been a complete waste. What’s the point of building a culture if, at some point, you can’t take a shot on arguably the best player in the league at arguably your biggest position of need?

I would take AB, too. I don't have an ounce of faith that we'd get WR1 production out of him, though, because we still aren't willing to get with the 21st Century program. 

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I would take AB, too. I don't have an ounce of faith that we'd get WR1 production out of him, though, because we still aren't willing to get with the 21st Century program. 

Oh yeah, I’m not fully confident he’d be properly utilized, but I’d rather take a shot than settle for mediocrity again.

We're not touching AB. We're going to be paying players we drafted soon and our cap room is going to shrink a lot. Especially if we resign Mariota. We aren't giving up 2 first rounders for a 30 year old with an average of a 20 million a year cap hit over the final three years in his contract to put him in an offense that would cut his production in half.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We're not touching AB. We're going to be paying players we drafted soon and our cap room is going to shrink a lot. Especially if we resign Mariota. We aren't giving up 2 first rounders for a 30 year old with an average of a 20 million a year cap hit over the final three years in his contract to put him in an offense that would cut his production in half.

Nobody is giving up two 1st rounders for AB. Not even one first. 

18 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Who in the world thinks AB pulls two firsts right now?

I guess my take on the AB situation is I would not give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for him only because the Titans really need to hit on those picks to further this Rams development.

Im not worried about AB popping off at the mouth because of the locker room we do have.

I wouldn’t mind AB at all we could really use him but I don’t have faith in Mariota to be a good enough passer to be able to get Brown the ball enough to be the true number 1 we want to see.

At the end of the day though I’m not sure if the Steelers would trade him in the AFC. I could see teams in the NFC stepping up to try and get him like SF Sea and a few others