Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

So, I'm just spit balling here, but I saw today that the Lions will consider taking a QB at 8th overall, and it got me thinking... Should we try to make a run at Stafford if he becomes available?  I think if we got him here he'd compete with Marcus for the starting job and more than likely beat him out. I'm all for Marcus getting his last chance to succeed and be our long term guy, but on the other side of that coin I see a scenario where we bring in a guy like Stafford who is a superior passer and put him in a situation where he could really thrive with one of the most talented teams around him that he's ever had.  It's probably very unlikely, but if Stafford became available I think I'd at least entertain the conversation.

Make no mistake about it I will trade the 19th pick in a heartbeat for stafford, talent wise he’s top 10 in the league. Say what you want about his record as a starter, but that’s the way the cookie crumble sometimes playing in a division with the best QB in the game for so long. Matt Patricia is in over his head and isn’t doing him any justice. No run game no TE trades away his best WR & a crappy defense.. put stafford on our team with our defense we definitely make a jump

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Make no mistake about it I will trade the 19th pick in a heartbeat for stafford, talent wise he’s top 10 in the league. Say what you want about his record as a starter, but that’s the way the cookie crumble sometimes playing in a division with the best QB in the game for so long. Matt Patricia is in over his head and isn’t doing him any justice. No run game no TE trades away his best WR & a crappy defense.. put stafford on our team with our defense we definitely make a jump

Stafford 0-3 in the playoffs

Marcus 1-1 All this does is split the team and lose a 1st and honestly I think Marcus would beat him out in camp cause healthy Marcus and Stafford arent toooo far apart at this point imo though I havent watched that many lion games the last few years and Im thinking you guys havent either. Stats dont tell the whole story. And you give Matt Corey Taylor Sharpe and the other bums we had out there last season with the struggling Oline. Id be very interested to see how well he does. Idk

JUST SAYING!! 

Anyways Ive been pretty much mia since the season ended. Have been going through a lot which seems to becoming a theme with me :( but Im here now and damn you guys are SUPER ready to move on from Marcus. Which is understandable but I dont think Jrob Amy or Mike feel the way you guys do. Its not time or the move bruh. With the QBs coming out the next two years I think we should give Marcus another year. Shore up the middle of the OL and if he stays healthy we make the playoffs. I truly believe Marcus is our guy. We REALLY need a backup QB that can at least mange games and make a couple plays and let our defense do the rest. Cause with the way Marcus plays it truly reminds me of Steve and he was always hurt and he also led us to the superbowl. We need that backup though. Watching sunshine vs the colts was just sad. Any production from him and we are in the playoffs lol. Dude looked SHOOK! Shouldn't of come down to the last game. Losing Walker and Matthews two guys Marcus had great chemistry was rough and my god we had ST players getting snaps at WR. It was nuts

But yeah excited to go through and discuss the offseason with you guys! Hope you've all been well

36 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Stafford 0-3 in the playoffs

Marcus 1-1 All this does is split the team and lose a 1st and honestly I think Marcus would beat him out in camp cause healthy Marcus and Stafford arent toooo far apart at this point imo though I havent watched that many lion games the last few years and Im thinking you guys havent either. Stats dont tell the whole story. And you give Matt Corey Taylor Sharpe and the other bums we had out there last season with the struggling Oline. Id be very interested to see how well he does. Idk

JUST SAYING!! 

Anyways Ive been pretty much mia since the season ended. Have been going through a lot which seems to becoming a theme with me :( but Im here now and damn you guys are SUPER ready to move on from Marcus. Which is understandable but I dont think Jrob Amy or Mike feel the way you guys do. Its not time or the move bruh. With the QBs coming out the next two years I think we should give Marcus another year. Shore up the middle of the OL and if he stays healthy we make the playoffs. I truly believe Marcus is our guy. We REALLY need a backup QB that can at least mange games and make a couple plays and let our defense do the rest. Cause with the way Marcus plays it truly reminds me of Steve and he was always hurt and he also led us to the superbowl. We need that backup though. Watching sunshine vs the colts was just sad. Any production from him and we are in the playoffs lol. Dude looked SHOOK! Shouldn't of come down to the last game. Losing Walker and Matthews two guys Marcus had great chemistry was rough and my god we had ST players getting snaps at WR. It was nuts

But yeah excited to go through and discuss the offseason with you guys! Hope you've all been well

Marcus is good I’m on record of saying we can win with Marcus because in my opinion you don’t need a franchise QB to win a super bowl as long as you have a strong rushing attack & elite defense. However Matthew Stafford is better than Mariota he may not have a great W-L record, but he’s a top 10 talent at QB in terms of what he can do with the football. Prime EX Eli Manning has the better career than Philip Rivers but it’s clear as day who’s the better QB talent. Mariota doesn’t drive the ball & his mechanics are sloppy at times playing within the pocket. He either holds on to the ball too long, drifts into sacks, gets skittish at times. 

• Like 1

As far as Stafford... I just don't know how to explain this any other way... There's no chance in hell we trade for someone like him and keep Mariota. It's one or the other. 

If you trade for him, you have to trade Mariota....we're not spending 40M+ on the qb position. 

Is Stafford better than Mariota? ... I guess it's debatable. Stats and fantasy football wise, it's no comparison. But actual real world football value, I'd take Mariota. Stafford won't get hurt, will put up bigger stats... But my money would be on Mariota getting more wins even missing a few games...

Business wise though... Trading a pick for a 31 yr old qb with no playoff wins and with a 2 year 40M contract just doesn't make sense (maybe if they're able to essentially get back in a Mariota trade what you're giving up for Stafford.... maybe). Stafford is not a franchise Qb at 31...and wont become one now as he's well into the 2nd half of his career. 

If Mariota doesn't work out, you're better off just going back to the (draft) well. 

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

As far as Stafford... I just don't know how to explain this any other way... There's no chance in hell we trade for someone like him and keep Mariota. It's one or the other. 

If you trade for him, you have to trade Mariota....we're not spending 40M+ on the qb position. 

Is Stafford better than Mariota? ... I guess it's debatable. Stats and fantasy football wise, it's no comparison. But actual real world football value, I'd take Mariota. Stafford won't get hurt, will put up bigger stats... But my money would be on Mariota getting more wins even missing a few games...

Business wise though... Trading a pick for a 31 yr old qb with no playoff wins and with a 2 year 40M contract just doesn't make sense (maybe if they're able to essentially get back in a Mariota trade what you're giving up for Stafford.... maybe). Stafford is not a franchise Qb at 31...and wont become one now as he's well into the 2nd half of his career. 

If Mariota doesn't work out, you're better off just going back to the (draft) well. 

Of course I’m talking trading mariota if we traded for stafford, but agree to disagree I guess you have a serious mariota crush if you think mariota as a QB is better than Stafford.. mariota isn’t bad & like I said we can win with mariota granted he can stay healthy however he can’t throw in the pocket like stafford his mechanics aren’t there yet as a pocket passer.. stafford struggles is his franchise & the fact he’s been in the same division as Aaron Rodgers 

Rodgers missed half of last season and the Pack have won 13 games the past 2 seasons. The Lions still didn't make the playoffs either season. 

He's had 4 winning seasons and is 0-3 in the playoffs. Even if you take his rookie season away (2-8), his record is 64-67.

With one more winning season this coming year, Mariota would have 4 straight winning seasons. He won a road playoff game, and even though (like I said earlier) he doesn't put up the bulk stats up, Mariota's career efficiency stats as are higher than Stafford's... Completion %, qb rating, QBR, with slightly lower qb and int %'s. 

Stafford is all bulk stats... 

Like I said it's debatable, but I'll take Mariota. And no, I'm objective about Mariota. He needs to stay healthy and take the next step. Still has a ways to go. 

• Like 2

I see your point, rage, but man, some bulk stats would sure be fun to watch for a change. There's something to be said for Mariota not proving he can do it in bulk the way that Stafford has. Most NFL fans wouldn't blink twice saying Stafford is clearly better than Mariota and I wouldn't argue with them. I do agree that some outlandish trade scenario involving the two wouldn't make sense for the Titans though for all the reasons you stated. We gotta go back to square one again if Mariota isn't going to be the guy.

I love Marcus though. Obviously we just need to hope against hope that he finally stays healthy and Arthur Smith finally upgrades the passing offense into a legitimate threat. Then everything will be peachy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Random but the other day I was thinking about the type of WR we need and I can’t help but think how much a guy like a prime Emmanuel Sanders would help this offense. He’d be perfect (the prime version)

That’s why I like TyRell Williams he can stretch the field & YAC ability