Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

23 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s why I like TyRell Williams he can stretch the field & YAC ability 

The more I think about it, I think Tyrell is going to price the Titans out of our range. Would love him, but think we’re going to have to settle for another WR.

Out of WR, LG, D-Line, and OLB, which of those positions do y’all see JRob addressing in FA and which position/s do you think he addresses in the draft?

Edited by Mariota615TN

3 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

The more I think about it, I think Tyrell is going to price the Titans out of our range. Would love him, but think we’re going to have to settle for another WR.

Out of WR, LG, D-Line, and OLB, which of those positions do y’all see JRob addressing in FA and which position/s do you think he addresses in the draft?

I think WR & LG in FA & DL & OLB in the draft.. the draft is deep in those positions this year. We can’t afford to keep drafting developmental WR especially this season being critical in regards to us extending Mariota contract. I honestly think J Rob is going to pay for a WR in FA, we’ll have 40 mill in cap space & after next year we can get out of Jones, Butler, & Lewis contracts.. this upcoming season Mariota has to make a jump 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SARGO127 said:

I wish there was a Landry, Alshon, or ARob in FA this year.

TyRell & Golden Tate are good enough look at how good Robert woods been for the rams, 2 legit outside WR’s Davis Tate or TyRell a healthy Delanie & hopefully Jonnu picks up where he left off & Derick Henry being the focal point of the offense. I like our chances 

I'd really like to see us double down on veteran WRs in FA if we get the opportunity, but the more likely route is that we'll grab one of the FAs like Tyrell or Tate and then draft another mid round receiver to have in house to develop.  Sharpe and Taywan have been up and down between just overall inconsistencies and being plagued by injuries, so I could see JR wanting to have another young guy in the fold to work with. The guy that comes to mind for me to fill that role would be Keelan Doss. Small school guy that had a very productive college career and a good showing at the Senior Bowl. If he's there in the 4th round or so, I think Jon will be all over it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I'd really like to see us double down on veteran WRs in FA if we get the opportunity, but the more likely route is that we'll grab one of the FAs like Tyrell or Tate and then draft another mid round receiver to have in house to develop.  Sharpe and Taywan have been up and down between just overall inconsistencies and being plagued by injuries, so I could see JR wanting to have another young guy in the fold to work with. The guy that comes to mind for me to fill that role would be Keelan Doss. Small school guy that had a very productive college career and a good showing at the Senior Bowl. If he's there in the 4th round or so, I think Jon will be all over it.

Love this idea of doubling down. 

11 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Next question, who of these players that will/may be released, available in FA, or traded would you be interested in acquiring for our Defensive needs (who would be a good fit)?

Bud Dupree OLB

Vic Beasley OLB

Malik Jackson DE/DT

Gerald McCoy DT

Olivier Vernon DE

Ndamukong Suh DT

Timmy Jernigan DT/DE

Arik Armstead DE

Justin Houston OLB/DE

Anthony Barr OLB

Tre Flowers DE/DT

Edited by Mariota615TN

2 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

Next question, who of these players that will/may be released, available in FA, or traded would you be interested in acquiring for our Defensive needs (who would be a good fit)?

Bud Dupree OLB

Vic Beasley OLB

Malik Jackson DE/DT

Gerald McCoy DT

Olivier Vernon DE

Ndamukong Suh DT

Timmy Jernigan DT/DE

Arik Armstead DE

Justin Houston OLB/DE

Anthony Barr OLB

Tre Flowers DE/DT

Anthony Barr is probably my favorite off of this list as far as bringing in another pass rusher. He's been productive in Minny under Zimmer's 4-3, but I think he's still been a little out of place and not allowed to use his best traits. He was a monster getting to the QB at UCLA as a 3-4 OLB, so I think we could plug him into that role next to Landry and really reap the benefits.  Plus he's still very young and could become a staple of our Defense moving forward.

I also wouldn't mind plugging in Gerald McCoy next to Casey. First of all, bringing in McCoy would add another big time leader to our defense/team, and secondly, putting Casey next to another Pro Bowl DLineman that can also rush the passer from the interior could only mean good things for our defense. Pees would no longer have to send additional blitzers every single time that we want to get pressure on the QB, because he'd have two Pro Bowl DLinemen that could collapse the pocket.  That'd be a great help.

• Like 2