Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

What I did like from this year:

Our ability to adjust. We learned from our mistakes as a staff, to me.
Pees wasn't as bad as Baltimore fans made him out to be. He was a coaching MVP most of the season. 
Landry flashed as a rusher.
Evans came on towards the end.
Jayon Brown is a baller and Woodyard's replacement when time comes.
A group of Landry, Evans and Brown is good to the ears. Find another to line up on the other side.
Corey Davis showed he can be a primetime player. I think he was hampered by those around him. (QBs, Line and lack of threats at WR/TE). 
Jonnu Smith showed he can be a part of this team. 
Kelly is maybe the best backup OL in the league. Should start on plenty other teams.
Firsker. I loved his play. 
Henry showed he should be a part of the team going forward. 
Vrabel knows how to pick LB's.  Finch was a good UDFA. Landry is a NFL starter. Evans is also a player.
I liked Marcus being a more efficient passer this year. 

• Like 2

FA :

1. Preston Smith OLB WAS

2. Tyrell Williams WR LAC

DRAFT: 

1. Raekwon Davis iDL Alabama

2. Garrett Bradbury C NC State

3. Beau Benzschawel OG Wisconson

4. Tommy Sweeney TE Boston College

5. Gardner Minshew QB Washington State

Start Bradbury at C and bump Jones to LG. Benzschawel will compete with Kline for RG.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

I just want to say that I am really dissappointed with Adoree Jackson. A major reason we drafted him was because of his, “explosiveness” as a punt returner. Well...yeah no...he’s horrible at it. For a corner picked 18th overall you would hope he would start to be shaping in to a #1 corner as well, but instead he’s more of just a good #2. Pretty meh pick so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

I just want to say that I am really dissappointed with Adoree Jackson. A major reason we drafted him was because of his, “explosiveness” as a punt returner. Well...yeah no...he’s horrible at it. For a corner picked 18th overall you would hope he would start to be shaping in to a #1 corner as well, but instead he’s more of just a good #2. Pretty meh pick so far.

He was horrible as a punt returner. 
He regressed big time. Not one time this season did he really make a play in that department. They should not allow him do it anymore at all. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He was horrible as a punt returner. 
He regressed big time. Not one time this season did he really make a play in that department. They should not allow him do it anymore at all. 

I mean has he honestly even progressed to the point where he’s able to regress? He’s been bad at it from the jump. Just a complete blunder to take him over some of the other guys on the board because of something they thought he was good at but turned out to be atrocious at.

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

My WR list:

Devin Funchess
Randall Cobb
Tyrell Williams
Adam Humphries

Very similar to mine... althought I'd switch Tate in there for Humphries... and switch the order around a bit...

This is my #2 priority this year... I'd love to go for one of the top pass rushers in FA... then attack the trenches through the draft...

11 hours ago, TitanSS said:

FA :

1. Preston Smith OLB WAS

2. Tyrell Williams WR LAC

DRAFT: 

1. Raekwon Davis iDL Alabama

2. Garrett Bradbury C NC State

3. Beau Benzschawel OG Wisconson

4. Tommy Sweeney TE Boston College

5. Gardner Minshew QB Washington State

Start Bradbury at C and bump Jones to LG. Benzschawel will compete with Kline for RG.

I can definitely get behind this...

TE should be one of our strengths next season though, so I probably change that pick for a RB/WR/ST guy... Delanie may not be as good as he's been, but he's still one of the best in the game for at least 2 more seasons... Jonnu looked like he finally started to develop towards the end of the year, and hopefully shows more next year... and I'm really intrigued by Pruitt as the 3rd guy... he'll battle Stocker and Firkser for that 3 spot, but I think he may have the more complete game of the 3. 

I probably want a little more impact from the Edge position.  A lot of the top guys probably won't make it to FA... Clowney, Ansah, Lawrence, Clark, Graham... so a guy like Preston makes sense, along with guys like Ford, Flowers, Fowler, Barrett in that second tier.  I think signing a guy from that group to start opposite of Landry, and with a rotation including Finch and Correa, we'd have a good young, athletic, diverse group.

Vrabel knows how to pick LB's.  Finch was a good UDFA. Landry is a NFL starter. Evans is also a player.

I actually think Evans was more impressive than Landry... I see All Pro potential.  He knows how to hit the hole and knife to disrupt the play/RB in the backfield.  I think he's going to be our most complete player soon, and will be one of the leaders going forward.  Dude's good.  I really wanted Vander Esch... but Evans showed he may be as good, if not better.

Only team I'm scared of is the Colts.
They have the coach and QB combo to fear. 

Jags will bring back their coach and I don't care what BOB and Watson's record is, I don't think they are a consistent threat. Threat yeah, but not a consistent threat. 
If we can get our personnel right on offense and add a pass rusher either in the middle on edge, our defense could go from good to great. 

The Jags were a 1-year wonder.  The defense is still good, but they're about to blow that up with some huge contracts that they need to get rid of.  Seeing what Lamar did in Baltimore this year, shows they probably made a mistake passing on him.  Him and Fournette would probably do some damage together.  But I don't think their current set up is a threat in the AFC... again, a 1-year wonder who got cocky and thought they were more than they were.

Houston is scarier to me, but I just don't think they can continue doing what they're doing.  Watson showed a lot of toughness this year... but he missed half the season last year, has missed time in college, and took 60 sacks this year.  I think he had issues with his lung or ribs or something.  That's going to catch to them eventually.  I know people love to blame their OL... but he had the 3rd highest time to throw... behind Allen in Buffalo and Lamar Jackson.  He has an issue in the pocket and with progressions... but he's had a big arm and some talented WRs bail him out (not only Hopkins, but Fuller on those deep bombs).  I don't see this as sustainable.  The defense outside Watt and Clowney isn't scary at all... and if they lose Clowney, it really hurts them more than most will acknowledge.

The real threat is Indy though.  Luck showed this year he belongs in the upper QB echelon discussion.  They had a really nice draft... and they have an absurd amount of money to add whatever pieces they want.  They can afford to overpay for Bell, which will be a deadly trio with Luck and Hilton.  Behind that OL, I'd see him as a threat for 2k.  I mean... they're scary.  I hate it so much. 

• Like 1

Just now, TwoToneBlue said:

Maybe I’m just biased because I want some consistency with our offense, but I think LaFleur would flop as a head coach right now. Don’t think he’s ready. 

I agree.  He was a little over head with playcalling and game flow.  I think he needs a bit more seasoning, but his coaching tree and the league's thirst to find the next McVay will afford him the opportunity soon. 

Thankful for all the blood sweat and tears Rak and D-Morg put in to this team over the years, but they are both 100% done. Rak needs to stick to cupcakes and Morgan can go feed someone else plants. Time for these boys to get back on that steak and chicken diet like real men.

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Thankful for all the blood sweat and tears Rak and D-Morg put in to this team over the years, but they are both 100% done. Rak needs to stick to cupcakes and Morgan can go feed someone else plants. Time for these boys to get back on that steak and chicken diet like real men.

Hahahahaha “Rak needs to stick to cupcakes and Morgan can go feed someone else plants. Time for these boys to get back on that steak and chicken diet like real mean”..... Love this... and amen.

Please let Rak and D-Morg walk in free agency JROB. 

Once these players get released ... I want in on them — Malik Jackson DE from the Jaguars and OG Kelechi Osemele from the Raiders. Sign them both to 1-2 year contracts.

I wouldn’t mind Preston Smith OLB of the Redskins but he’s not really a speed guy — although he’s a huge and young upgrade from Rak and D-Morg — I’ll take Preston Smith over any 1st round OLB we could potentially draft (that probably won’t fall to 19 where we can pick them.

I also wouldn’t mind Tyrell Williams, although he struggled with drops in the past. Golden Tate is my number1 WR choice though.

As far as potential trade candidates, I would love to make a move for Vic Beasley of the Falcons if they entertain shopping him going into the last year of his deal. Would rather this move occur than sign Preston Smith, if possible. 

• Like 1