Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I know some said cut Daquan jones, but I don't think that is a problem. He isn't a pass rusher, he is overpaid but he is a good player.
Get rid of Bennie Logan. I honestly forget he is on this team, he makes zero plays. 

Cut DaQuan tell me what does he do special that we can’t get out a 2nd-3rd pick. He’s offer nothing in the pash rush which is fine but he’s not even dominant in run defense he’s a C+ player who best game of his career was playing against a depleted Colts OL. 

I thought the DL was fine against the run. For the most part. LBers didn't do as well as they had been. Evans shot the wrong gap several times last night. Guys were trying to create fumbles and letting ball carriers get another 5 yards on the carry instead of making a hit and stopping them.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I thought the DL was fine against the run. For the most part. LBers didn't do as well as they had been. Evans shot the wrong gap several times last night. Guys were trying to create fumbles and letting ball carriers get another 5 yards on the carry instead of making a hit and stopping them.

Our DL aren’t great run stoppers we are gap sound eat up blocks & the LB’s make plays. Cassey is a beast don’t get me wrong but he’s not great at stopping the run. Johnson gets washed off the line a lot. jones is like Cassey in the run game solid but not great. Our DL don’t get a lot of TFL nor do we have a guy That commands a double team other than Cassey. 

27 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Antonio Brown is a headcase and unhappy.

Would you offer something sexy to Pitt? We need our draft picks, though...

Absolutely not, he's the exact opposite of the type of guys we want to help keep the locker room strong. He also skipped practices on top of being a headcase.

35 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Malcolm Butler had the lowest passer rating allowed among all CBs in coverage over the final 8 weeks of the season(with at least 50% of the defensive snaps played).

SJ5yST9.png

But he's horrible, don't you know? We need to cut him, but continue being patient with Adoree. What was Adoree's passer rating during the same stretch, I wonder. 

But seriously, Butler came the closest to getting the Mariota treatment from the board. Any single completon he gave up was a page full of trash talking about him. Nevermind that was the only catch he gave up, he got a lashing from fans. Adoree would give up 3-4 catches in that same stretch and minimal comments. It's just the nature of fans I guess... There's obvious favorites and players who will be under the microscope on every single play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

But he's horrible, don't you know? We need to cut him, but continue being patient with Adoree. What was Adoree's passer rating during the same stretch, I wonder. 

But seriously, Butler came the closest to getting the Mariota treatment from the board. Any single completon he gave up was a page full of trash talking about him. Nevermind that was the only catch he gave up, he got a lashing from fans. Adoree would give up 3-4 catches in that same stretch and minimal comments. It's just the nature of fans I guess... There's obvious favorites and players who will be under the microscope on every single play. 

i don't understand where you've been. people have been absolutely ragging on adoree the past few weeks, for good reason.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don't understand where you've been. people have been absolutely ragging on adoree the past few weeks, for good reason.

He's been bad... And Butler has been pretty damn good since the bye... And they get about the same amount of hate. 

Adoree and all his speed and potential is somewhat of a crowd favorite, even through his struggles. He's going, happy, etc... So I get it. Butler on the other hand is more reserved, was undrafted, and the general perception amongst some was that he was extremely overpaid... So hes always going to be swimming uphill with some of the fan base. 

Adoree was pretty good the first half of the season and fell off badly in the second half. Butler was bad the first half of the season but played great in the second half. If only they both played at a high level for the full season....

On another note, it's early but I'm glad I'm not seeing LaFleur's name coming up on these coaching search.