Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Adoree was pretty good the first half of the season and fell off badly in the second half. Butler was bad the first half of the season but played great in the second half. If only they both played at a high level for the full season....

On another note, it's early but I'm glad I'm not seeing LaFleur's name coming up on these coaching search.

Me and my big mouth.....

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Adoree was pretty good the first half of the season and fell off badly in the second half. Butler was bad the first half of the season but played great in the second half. If only they both played at a high level for the full season....

On another note, it's early but I'm glad I'm not seeing LaFleur's name coming up on these coaching search.

Adoree play didn’t fall off, he pretty much played the same all year & that’s solid. Not spectacular but solid. Up & down games. 1 game he play great against someone like josh Gordon the next Ty Hilton torches him. Pretty much the same. Adoree problem is he sucks badly when asked to play off coverage because he can’t get a feel of the route the wr trying to run. He doesn’t trust his eyes nor understands route concepts which is why he gives up so much cushion in zone against speed WR’s.. he needs to really become a student of the game he has shutdown potential but it’s up to him to want to be great 

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

But he's horrible, don't you know? We need to cut him, but continue being patient with Adoree. What was Adoree's passer rating during the same stretch, I wonder. 

But seriously, Butler came the closest to getting the Mariota treatment from the board. Any single completon he gave up was a page full of trash talking about him. Nevermind that was the only catch he gave up, he got a lashing from fans. Adoree would give up 3-4 catches in that same stretch and minimal comments. It's just the nature of fans I guess... There's obvious favorites and players who will be under the microscope on every single play. 

Don’t let them stats mislead you, tell me how many pass happy teams we played after the bye 🤔 he’s not worth 16 mill is why I rather us find away to move on from him, he gets beat a lot he has stiff hips & no recovery speed to be so aggressive. If Adoree made 16 mill playing how he plays I’ll be screaming cut his a$$

7 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I can definitely get behind this...

TE should be one of our strengths next season though, so I probably change that pick for a RB/WR/ST guy... Delanie may not be as good as he's been, but he's still one of the best in the game for at least 2 more seasons... Jonnu looked like he finally started to develop towards the end of the year, and hopefully shows more next year... and I'm really intrigued by Pruitt as the 3rd guy... he'll battle Stocker and Firkser for that 3 spot, but I think he may have the more complete game of the 3. 

I probably want a little more impact from the Edge position.  A lot of the top guys probably won't make it to FA... Clowney, Ansah, Lawrence, Clark, Graham... so a guy like Preston makes sense, along with guys like Ford, Flowers, Fowler, Barrett in that second tier.  I think signing a guy from that group to start opposite of Landry, and with a rotation including Finch and Correa, we'd have a good young, athletic, diverse group.

I like Pruitt as our #3 over the other guys as well. Stocker is a FA and I wouldn't bring him back. Firkser is a good underneath receiver, but has never shown anything as a blocker which may make him hard to keep on the roster as a #4 TE. If we can make him our H-Back and replace Stocker in the backfield then maybe.

I was just trying to play to the drafts strength, as TE is very deep. Sweeney could play ST and offer a lot as a blocker. One of the best blocking TEs in the draft. He's 6'5" 255 and none of our current TEs have any height to them. Also, no telling what 35 year old Delanie is going to look like off an injury.

Any 4th RD WR we draft would be competing for a 5th or 6th roster spot and probably not offering anything but STs help as well, unless we just find a diamond in the rough.

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Honestly as crazy as it sounds, I think I’d carry 4 TE for 2019

walker, Smith, Pruitt and firkser

we can’t lose firkser. I’m sold on it!! Pruitt is an awesome blocker 

I would too, what kills me is why don’t we put a H-Back instead of A pure Fullback make the defense have to account for all 11 men on the field. That’s a miss match firkser at FB running routes slipping out the backfield 

33 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Send Taylor and our first for Antonio Brown. I don't care. Do it! 

No thanks. Don’t think Vrabel would like an attention whore who shows up to training camp in a helicopter and then quits on his team the last game of the season. Had enough with WR’s quitting on us.

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

No thanks. Don’t think Vrabel would like an attention whore who shows up to training camp in a helicopter and then quits on his team the last game of the season. Had enough with WR’s quitting on us.

I think we are willing to take a chance on someone with some quirks in their personality and flamboyant. 

But I don't think he or Robinson would like a guy who skips out on the team. So Brown would likely be a no but at right price they'd give it a try. Lol 

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ll take Brown in a heartbeat. Still one of the top 3 receivers in the game. Brown and Davis would do work even with Mariota as the QB(assuming he’s healthy).

No thanks he’s not a team 1st player & besides he won’t get as many targets in this offense as he does in Pittsburgh.