Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m more than happy with Walker Smith and Firkser.

Smith is coming off an acl injury? What was his injury I forget but either way he’s probably the one TE who might need time to come back but I still think we’ll be fine.

Mycole Pruit could be used or some guy off the street im sure the Titans figure out the blocking part of it

Also Kelly can get in some of those plays as the extra linemen so I’m not too worried 

Smith didn’t hurt his ACL it was his MCL & didn’t need surgery  & he’s doing fine I follow him on Twitter he’s beasting it working out 

For whatever it's worth I've always thought Fitz was one of the better backups we've had in several years. The team around him was awful at the time, but he did light a fire under the offense and lead us to a few wins when we probably shouldn't have been winning much of anything at the time.  I think he'd be a nice fit here again with a much more talented roster. Plus he's always hilarious and seems like a fun dude to be around. If we can't land Tannehill I'd be down to recreate some Fitzmagic in Nashville again.

Just now, SerenityNow said:

For whatever it's worth I've always thought Fitz was one of the better backups we've had in several years. The team around him was awful at the time, but he did light a fire under the offense and lead us to a few wins when we probably shouldn't have been winning much of anything at the time.  I think he'd be a nice fit here again with a much more talented roster. Plus he's always hilarious and seems like a fun dude to be around. If we can't land Tannehill I'd be down to recreate some Fitzmagic in Nashville again.

Naw 2 words Billy Volex greatest Titans Backup QB everrrrr 

10 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Should the Titans take a flyer on Clay Matthews? 

Coming off a down year but could be a good platoon player shouldn’t cost a ton?

Based on what other edge rushers are getting so far this season I say nah.  Wake is an OK stopgap, and the edge rusher class is deep.  If they manage to land an interior guy like Wilkins, they won't have as big of a need to get QB pressure off the edge as they did last season.  Plus Pees likes to dial up blitzes from the defensive backs and linebackers, so I think they'll be adequate at pass rusher.

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

Stocker is gone!

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

honestly I'm kind of happy Stocker is gone

Not that he's not a useful player, because he's totally a serviceable player and a (pretty) good blocker. A good guy to have on the team. But we just used him way too much and I'm kind of happy we won't have him at our disposal because it takes snaps from younger and more talented guys. 

does that make sense?

Stocker did his job well... But I wanted room for Pruitt. I really like him... Think he's definitely a more complete player and compliments our unit very well. Walker, Smith (almost gave up on him but he started flashing prior to going down), Firkser (as our big slot), and Pruitt. 

I'm good with that group. 

• Like 2

As far as backup... How opposed would you all be to Bortles?

He'd be a decent backup option (we're screwed regardless if Mariota goes down for more than a game) ... And we could get him for vet min... Since hell be paid by the Jags regardless. That would send a big f you to the Jags from him and us. 

I would love it too much just based on that last point. 

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He'd be a decent backup option (we're screwed regardless if Mariota goes down for more than a game) ... And we could get him for vet min... Since hell be paid by the Jags regardless. That would send a big f you to the Jags from him and us. 

I'd be OK with him, if he was affordable (which is obviously a caveat for any free agent), but he'd need to come pretty cheap.  Mariota ain't gonna start 16 games, and I think we've all come to that realization by now, and I know there's a need to sign a quality backup, but I would worry about someone like Bortles.

I'd rather have Mike Glennon.  The Titans are hopefully building a team to play in the trenches, so they need an effective backup that limits turnovers over a guy who Sexy Rexy's it, but plays really well sometimes IMO.  Bortles definitely is the better overall player, but he also will put teams in positions to lose a lot more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Trash I rather sign Vince drunken young before I watch bortles in a titan Jersey 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Hell no I would vomit if he ever laces up in two tone blue.

37 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He’s not technically released yet but my wish is for Tannehill.

I can’t watch Bortles and his 9 different are slot throws and throwing from out his *ss.

We have whiffed on all former Jags players up to this point in Cyprien and Gabbert so I’m a hell no to Bortles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

That 99 yard run in prime time was a big enough f u you to the Jags.  We own them again. HARD PASS ON BLAKE. lol

I really really wanted Tyrod man

• Like 1