Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

That 99 yard run in prime time was a big enough f u you to the Jags.  We own them again. HARD PASS ON BLAKE. lol

I really really wanted Tyrod man

Any opportunity we have a chance to give a nice f you to the Jags (Texans, Ravens, and Steelers)... I'm all about it.  Sign him as a backup for 700k... have the Jags pick up the rest of that 6M from his guaranteed contract.

I actually would have liked Taylor too.  You have to imagine we didn't even go after him.  Putting myself in his shoes... do I want to go to SD where Rivers hasn't missed a snap in 300 years... or do I want to go to TN, where not only has the QB missed games every year... but to a place that may want me a stop gap the following year if the current starter doesn't take the next step/

58 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Actually played fairly well to close the season. Wouldn’t hate it. Outside receiver and I think CD could learn a few things from him.

You know you're definitely encroaching Patriots territory when you have 2 white WRs on the roster!!  Throw in Firkser, and you got a trio! 

Kidding of course... Jordy did put a nice stretch (of stats) to end the season.  And he could be effective, but I'm thinking we need  deep threat to complete our offense.  I know Taylor could be that, but I don't want to rely on just him.  Maybe a guy like Butler or JJAW drop into the 3rd round... they could win some of those deep contested 50/50 type balls.

• Like 1

Oh, in an ideal world, we’d absolutely get a burner. I think John Brown would’ve been a really nice option. But at some point, we also just need another outside receiver. We’re not spending another first on the position and I hate the idea of our only options being Tajae, Taywan or a mid-round pick.

I am still not over Antonio Brown.

I would be all for Crabtree or Jordy on the outside.  We could use another big red zone target, and adding another veteran to the room would be nothing but good things for our offense leadership wise. Maybe it's just trying to look at things under a more positive light, but I think Crabtree could turn the drops around especially with it being such a big part of his overall narrative last year. I have to believe it's something he's working overtime on correcting this offseason.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Oh, in an ideal world, we’d absolutely get a burner. I think John Brown would’ve been a really nice option. But at some point, we also just need another outside receiver. We’re not spending another first on the position and I hate the idea of our only options being Tajae, Taywan or a mid-round pick.

I am still not over Antonio Brown.

You have 2 guys on the team already that can hit it deep on the outside 

You have Taylor who typically drops them all or runs into a ref 

And you have Corey Davis who’s suppose to be able to do everything AB an OBJ can so it’s time for Davis to step up and time for Arthur Smith to allow Davis to hit it deep

Last year it felt like it was the Phi NE and the 1 play in Houston that we seen Davis thrown to down field. We need him targeted more down field plain and simple time to take the training wheels off

• Like 1

Even as big a Mariota guy as I am I honestly wouldn't be opposed to sending a 3rd to the Cardinals for Josh Rosen.  I feel like that'd be a win-win for us. Get a 1st round QB talent for a 3rd round pick, improve our backup QB greatly, have a guy to push Marcus in camp, and if Marcus balls out awesome we can trade Rosen next offseason for a pick ourselves. If disaster strikes on the Marcus front, however, we may have just gotten our next Franchise QB for a 3rd round pick. 

This would be the best scenario for us to truly cover ourselves if things go south with Marcus. It's an unconventional path, but I see this as a good way for us to actually be proactive with the whole deal instead of just ignoring the elephant in the room and hoping against hope that our injury prone QB isn't going to go down, and our whole season will be ruined. Will Jon do it? I seriously doubt it, but it's something I'd strongly consider.  Plus why should Marcus be immune to competition at this stage in his career? I love Marcus and still believe he can be our long term answer, but I want our team put in the best situation to succeed possible above all else. If a top 10 QB like Rosen can be had for a 3rd rounder I'm taking that all day long.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I would be all for Crabtree or Jordy on the outside.  We could use another big red zone target, and adding another veteran to the room would be nothing but good things for our offense leadership wise. Maybe it's just trying to look at things under a more positive light, but I think Crabtree could turn the drops around especially with it being such a big part of his overall narrative last year. I have to believe it's something he's working overtime on correcting this offseason.

I would be comfortable with taking a flier on Jordy for sure. Not sure he would want to come here though. Might want to head back to Green Bay if that opportunity presented itself.

15 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’d take Nelson but really nothing longer than a year. He’ll be 34 in May so eh. Can’t be any worse than Sharpe or Taylor starting outside.

Same here. To be honest, the combination of Delanie, Humphries, Corey, and Jordy sounds pretty good to me! 

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Even as big a Mariota guy as I am I honestly wouldn't be opposed to sending a 3rd to the Cardinals for Josh Rosen.  I feel like that'd be a win-win for us. Get a 1st round QB talent for a 3rd round pick, improve our backup QB greatly, have a guy to push Marcus in camp, and if Marcus balls out awesome we can trade Rosen next offseason for a pick ourselves. If disaster strikes on the Marcus front, however, we may have just gotten our next Franchise QB for a 3rd round pick. 

This would be the best scenario for us to truly cover ourselves if things go south with Marcus. It's an unconventional path, but I see this as a good way for us to actually be proactive with the whole deal instead of just ignoring the elephant in the room and hoping against hope that our injury prone QB isn't going to go down, and our whole season will be ruined. Will Jon do it? I seriously doubt it, but it's something I'd strongly consider.  Plus why should Marcus be immune to competition at this stage in his career? I love Marcus and still believe he can be our long term answer, but I want our team put in the best situation to succeed possible above all else. If a top 10 QB like Rosen can be had for a 3rd rounder I'm taking that all day long.

Been saying this since the rumor of him being available for a 3rd started.

32 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Hooefully we get the Browns early this year

At this point in the process, the schedule this next season looks brutal.

Anyone know if contract details are available for the signings yet?  I'm curious what the Wake and Saffold signings look like against the cap in the next couple years and haven't found anything other than the overall numbers.

Apparently didn’t fit New England’s scheme very well but had 9.5 sacks with Atlanta the season before. Maybe an option to help our dline rush the passer? Not sure how he is in run support or if he’d be a fit with us either 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Apparently didn’t fit New England’s scheme very well but had 9.5 sacks with Atlanta the season before. Maybe an option to help our dline rush the passer? Not sure how he is in run support or if he’d be a fit with us either 

You do know the year he had 9.5 sacks he got 6 sacks in 1 game against Dallas against Byron Bell 🤔 I’m straight on Clayborn 

• Like 1