Jump to content
ttitansfan4life

Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You do know the year he had 9.5 sacks he got 6 sacks in 1 game against Dallas against Byron Bell 🤔 I’m straight on Clayborn 

Nope had no idea lol. And that’s why box score scouting is bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Nope had no idea lol. And that’s why box score scouting is bad

Indeed he straight up whipped bell wit speed all game & Dallas would even chip him or double team him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Still more moves to make

This cap guy deserves more credit then he gets in my opinion. While not always when we want to see total money wise, he has done an incredible job of putting together these deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

This cap guy deserves more credit then he gets in my opinion. While not always when we want to see total money wise, he has done an incredible job of putting together these deals.

Agreed. Vin Marino has been our secret weapon for years now. Going through the cap hell that we did in the early 2000s under Floyd Reese as our Super Bowl window was closing was absolutely no fun. Watching several of our great players just walk out the door, because we were so strapped for cash was a terrible feeling that I never want to experience again. Vin has not only kept us above water with the cap, but he's kept us in an advantageous situation where we've gotten most of our talent on cap friendly deals that give guys the money they want, but keep us in a very flexible year to year type of situation with most guys. Jon has been making the decisions, but Vin is the reason we've actually logistically been able to build the team that we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we could land Brent Urban, Danny Shelton, and a veteran outside receiver like Jordy/Crabtree I'd feel like this free agency period was one of the best we've ever had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

If we could land Brent Urban, Danny Shelton, and a veteran outside receiver like Jordy/Crabtree I'd feel like this free agency period was one of the best we've ever had.

Why is everyone so big on Danny Shelton, he won’t play as many snaps like the last 3 NT, we’ve signed every year. We need a NT that can play 4 downs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a lot of options out there that I would be happy with on defense. Running out of WR and OL options though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would you guys grade our offseason so far?

I think it’s easily an A. We’ve addressed backup QB for very little once you look at the details of the trade and Tanny is one of, if not the best backup QB in the league. We locked up Vacarro at an extremely reasonable price to bring back the best safety duo in the league. The Saffold signing solidifies the left side of the line. We outbid New England for Humphries services and for one of the best slot receivers in the game I think his contract is fair and his sure hands are something we desperately needed. The Wake signing is the only move I’m pretty meh on, maybe he proves me wrong though. Pamphile and Tye Smith have proven to be good depth. Cutting Kline may very well be addition by subtraction considering how bad he played last year and the contract he was on...we still need a body there though so it’ll be interesting to see how Robinson replaces him. Thoughts?

Biggest needs left are interior o-line and d-line, which is good I guess since apparently this draft class is deep there, followed by WR and an edge rusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

How would you guys grade our offseason so far?

I think it’s easily an A. We’ve addressed backup QB for very little once you look at the details of the trade and Tanny is one of, if not the best backup QB in the league. We locked up Vacarro at an extremely reasonable price to bring back the best safety duo in the league. The Saffold signing solidifies the left side of the line. We outbid New England for Humphries services and for one of the best slot receivers in the game I think his contract is fair and his sure hands are something we desperately needed. The Wake signing is the only move I’m pretty meh on, maybe he proves me wrong though. Pamphile and Tye Smith have proven to be good depth. Cutting Kline may very well be addition by subtraction considering how bad he played last year and the contract he was on...we still need a body there though so it’ll be interesting to see how Robinson replaces him. Thoughts?

Biggest needs left are interior o-line and d-line, which is good I guess since apparently this draft class is deep there, followed by WR and an edge rusher.

Interior rusher to me is as big as if not more important than edge rusher to me, reason being that asides Cassey we have 0 interior pass rush. Keep in mind we got a lot of sacks from LB’ers & secondary well  designed timed blitzes. In the NFL going against elite QB’s you need interior pressure, because a quick passing game & chipping a edge rusher can slow down a defense with elite edge rushers, but playing a inferior interior pass rush, knocks QB’s off their spot makes em run into sacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×