Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

Having a very injury prone quarterback back up your very injury prone starting quarterback seems kind of silly to me.

Also, are you referring to the preseason? Cause otherwise I'm not sure what impression Griffin could've made in Baltimore since I'm not even sure he saw the field at all in the regular season.

Yeah I'm talking about the preseason. I get what you're saying on the injury prone thing. No way to really disprove that. He missed a lot of games in Washington, but the QB I saw in the preseason in Baltimore was a different guy than the RGIII in Washington IMO. He won a lot more from the pocket as a passer and didn't put himself in harms way as a runner the way that he used to in Washington which led to a good majority of his injuries.  I think I'd be willing to take a chance on him as our backup over another year with Gabbert personally. 

Can we trade for Von Miller please? Looks like it’s possible he gets traded this offseason. He shouldn’t get the Mack treatment as far as draft picks due to his age(still only going to be 30 next year though) but talk about a consistently dominant pass-rusher. Puts our defense in the elite category.

On 1/4/2019 at 6:38 AM, TitanRedd said:

That’s is true but you missed my point, I’m saying defense wins championship if I’m trading 1st rounds picks for a player, he’s got to be a QB or an elite defensive Talent that is a game changer. 1 thing about football, it’s won in the trenches & it’s about forcing turnovers. Oh & Revis won wit the Patriots when they beat Seattle. 

I kind of forgot about Revis on the Pats, to be honest, but that's because I thought we were talking about prime Revis (which was the Jets version of Revis). And I kind of get what you're saying, I haven't missed the point. I just think there are a hell of a lot more nuances than just arguing defense wins championships, and there are definitely many other factors that contribute to winning a football game than winning in the trenches and forcing turnovers. Two of them being the passing game and being able to score points, and it's very easy to argue Brown has been (by far) the most impactful non-QB player in that regard for years, now. 

Brandin Cooks, who is not remotely close to being as dominant as Brown has been, has been traded twice for 1st round picks now. Why? Because he adds value that you can't easily replace, hence the Patriots offense looking differently than they did last year with him. I don't think the NE or the Rams organization are morons for doing so, they just understand there's much more than winning in the trenches that could help you win football games.

Edited by Andrei01

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Can we trade for Von Miller please? Looks like it’s possible he gets traded this offseason. He shouldn’t get the Mack treatment as far as draft picks due to his age(still only going to be 30 next year though) but talk about a consistently dominant pass-rusher. Puts our defense in the elite category.

If our QB situation was more solidified, I'd be all for trading this year's and next year's 1st for him.

Miller on this defense, plus mentoring/helping out Landry.....I think I'm talking myself into it even with the uncertainty surrounding Mariota. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

If our QB situation was more solidified, I'd be all for trading this year's and next year's 1st for him.

Miller on this defense, plus mentoring/helping out Landry.....I think I'm talking myself into it even with the uncertainty surrounding Mariota. 

I would get behind this move! If we could somehow give this years 2nd and next years first + maybe something extra in the mid to late rounds so we fan still get one of these d-linemen in the 1st, that would be a dream 😀

Sign Za'Darius Smith, Tyrod Taylor, Vaccaro, Tyrell Williams, Mike Morse, Cyprien

Bye Morgan, Spain, Gabbert, Ben Jones, Fluellen

Draft:

1. DE/OLB Montez Sweat

2. DT Christian Wilkins - trade up to the late 1st or early 2nd if needed

3. Terrone Prescod, OG

4. RB

5. G

7. CB

Casey needs some help. Adding Wilkins, Sweat, and Smith will help this pass rush tremendously. 

On offense, with some line adjustments, the emergence of Henry, a healthy(er) Mariota, Delanie/Jonnu back - this offense should be improved.

This is my realistic dream offseason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

I kind of forgot about Revis on the Pats, to be honest, but that's because I thought we were talking about prime Revis (which was the Jets version of Revis). And I kind of get what you're saying, I haven't missed the point. I just think there are a hell of a lot more nuances than just arguing defense wins championships, and there are definitely many other factors that contribute to winning a football game than winning in the trenches and forcing turnovers. Two of them being the passing game and being able to score points, and it's very easy to argue Brown has been (by far) the most impactful non-QB player in that regard for years, now. 

Brandin Cooks, who is not remotely close to being as dominant as Brown has been, has been traded twice for 1st round picks now. Why? Because he adds value that you can't easily replace, hence the Patriots offense looking differently than they did last year with him. I don't think the NE or the Rams organization are morons for doing so, they just understand there's much more than winning in the trenches that could help you win football games.

You do realize the patriots lost 3 Super Bowls because they couldn’t block for Brady, did you not see the strip sack the eagles got on Brady last yr 🤔, Do you recall the 19-0 patriots greatest offense in history lose to the giants because they put pressure on Brady wit a 4 man front. A passing game is no good if the QB has no time to throw. 🗣Football is won in the trenches. The team that can block for the QB & get to the QB wins. Broncos VS Panthers, Seahawks VS Broncos. 

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You do realize the patriots lost 3 Super Bowls because they couldn’t block for Brady, did you not see the strip sack the eagles got on Brady last yr 🤔, Do you recall the 19-0 patriots greatest offense in history lose to the giants because they put pressure on Brady wit a 4 man front. A passing game is no good if the QB has no time to throw. 🗣Football is won in the trenches. The team that can block for the QB & get to the QB wins. Broncos VS Panthers, Seahawks VS Broncos. 

Without the Manningham or the Tyree catch, they don't lose two out of those three SBs. Without Edelman's catch, they probably won't win against the Falcons. Without Holmes' catch, the Steelers don't beat Arizona. Without Butler making a hell of a play on the ball that will probably last a long time, they don't win against Seattle. If Crabtree is able to beat Jimmy Smith, the 49ers win against Baltimore. So you're really just arguing my point. That, sure, you can cherry pick stats and moments and whatever to try and narrow the game of football to fit whatever philosophy you choose to adopt, but in reality it's not nearly as black and white. There's room for a wide receiver to be highly impactful in football. Which is exactly what Brown is (as well as others, sure).

Edited by Andrei01

4 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

There's room for a wide receiver to be highly impactful in football. Which is exactly what Brown is (as well as others, sure).

I think this is due to the Patriots effect... they've just so consistently gotten to the SB, and they've done it their own "Patriot way" that it kinda screws conventional methods.

And while it may be true that a big time WR hasn't won a SB in the past xx years... I don't think there's any correlation there... just a freak/random occurrence.  

In fact, it's not like the SBs have been lacking in some very good receivers/pass catchers:

• *Cooks, *Gronk, Ertz, and Jefferey
  • *Edelman and *Jones
  • *Thomas, *Sanders, and *Olsen
  • *Gronk, Edelman, Baldwin
  • *Thomas, *Decker, Welker, Tate, and Baldwin
  • *Crabtree, Boldin
  • *Cruz, *Nicks, *Welker, *Gronk
  • *Jennings, *Wallace, Ward
  • *Colstom, *Wayne, *Clark

That's just in the past 10 years... * indicating 1k season... but there's a few 1400 and 1500+ seasons in there... Jones, Thomas, Welker, Cruz, Wayne.  If you go back a little further, you start running into Fitz, Moss, Harrison.

I think when you look at the best players at some of those power positions, you also see a lot of the top names lacking SB appearances, DE/OLB (Mack/Watt), LT, RB, etc.  Secondary is one of the positions that flashes... probably due to the Broncos and Seahawks putting some serious talent through at those positions.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Without the Manningham or the Tyree catch, they don't lose two out of those three SBs. Without Edelman's catch, they probably won't win against the Falcons. Without Holmes' catch, the Steelers don't beat Arizona. Without Butler making a hell of a play on the ball that will probably last a long time, they don't win against Seattle. If Crabtree is able to beat Jimmy Smith, the 49ers win against Baltimore. So you're really just arguing my point. That, sure, you can cherry pick stats and moments and whatever to try and narrow the game of football to fit whatever philosophy you choose to adopt, but in reality it's not nearly as black and white. There's room for a wide receiver to be highly impactful in football. Which is exactly what Brown is (as well as others, sure).

If the giants don’t put pressure on Brady the patriots easily blow out the giants. If the giants. You’re talking bout highlights & you make a solid point however  I’m talking about overall effect on the game. Think about the yr we went 13-3 Big Al’s last yr we had depth on D-Line & could get pressure without blitzing. & because of our D line a lot of our secondary players were pro bowlers. Chris Hope, Finnegan, Griffin I think Nick Harper had his hands on some interceptions 

Apparently Denver saves $2 mil if they cut Sanders. He was still playing at a high level before he tore his achilles. Would anyone be interested in kicking the tires if he hits the market? Usually a torn achilles is a death sentence for someone at that stage of their career but Richard Sherman seems to have bounced back nicely from his achilles tear so it’s not impossible.

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Apparently Denver saves $2 mil if they cut Sanders. He was still playing at a high level before he tore his achilles. Would anyone be interested in kicking the tires if he hits the market? Usually a torn achilles is a death sentence for someone at that stage of their career but Richard Sherman seems to have bounced back nicely from his achilles tear so it’s not impossible.

I think the Titans need 2 WRs to be honest so I wouldn’t mind kicking the tires on him and another decent veteran