Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Or they’re comfortable in Pamphile, rookie, and Stinnie competing it out for the starting job. We don’t need a pro bowler at every spot. Just need players that don’t completely suck like Kline.

This.  Every team is going to have some spots that are less than ideal.  If you're gonna have a weak spot on the Oline, it might as well be right guard.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:48 PM, Daniel said:

This.  Every team is going to have some spots that are less than ideal.  If you're gonna have a weak spot on the Oline, it might as well be right guard.

As poor as Kline was, I don’t feel that Pamphile is better than him (or even at the same level). Are there any quality Guards we can draft in the 3rd or 4th round?

7 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

As poor as Kline was, I don’t feel that Pamphile is better than him (or even at the same level). Are there any quality Guards we can draft in the 3rd or 4th round?

I don’t have any names per say but one thing I. Have seen over the past 10-13 years is that there never is a lack of athletic 300 lb guards coming.  Now they might not be athletic enough to be a pulling guard or play tackle you have to draft 1st 2nd to get that quality but you can find a body who is a fair pass blocker straight ahead run blocker who can start in this league see it all the time 

Edited by quiller

I'm not a Pats hater... but it is refreshing to see other teams one up them with FAs.  They always seem to get whoever they want, seem to get good value with vets who go up there for the chance to win a ring.  This year alone, they've tried to get 2 guys to go back on their word and sign with them instead of the teams they had a verbal agreement with... Humphries and Cook... and both have stuck with the initial team.  Maybe it's finally signaling the end of that dynasty.  I doubt we see another dynasty of that caliber and length ever again.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Vrabel mentioned they’d still like to add a 3rd guy who is younger to the QB room. Would really like to land Brett Rypien later in the draft.

Didn't KT post in the "guy of the guy" thread that we apparently like the Stidham kid from Auburn? I could see us taking a flyer on him if he drops below the 4th round or so. He was really solid in 2017. Some even considered him a dark horse heisman candidate this past year, but that entire offense totally face planted. I never thought he fit Gus Malzahn's system anyway. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Understand. I think it came to be more than just this year, but coming years too. (Byard, Conklin, Mariota, Henry).

I wonder how it will play out. Byard is going to obviously get paid. Beyond that though, Marcus will probably be given a big extension, but that’s definitely not a lock. I have no idea what Conklin is looking at. And, as a fairly limited back and playing at a position that simply doesn’t get huge money unless you’re one of the top two or three backs, I can’t imagine Henry getting much more than 4/30, even if he has a good year.