Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

43 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Eh, I don't know that that's fair, considering that they were just a year out from drafting two receivers and a tight end in the same draft, and the same length of time removed from having the top offensive line in the league with the exact same makeup.  Putting too much draft capital into a single position is unwise, generally.  A lot of 20/20 hindsight in the criticism of JRob IMO.

Thank you for seeing my point notice you said drafting 2 WR’s & a TE 🤦🏽‍♂️ 🗣 he should’ve signed proven talent for a QB trying to grow & own his skills. Once again every young QB has all pro talent Jamie’s Winston mike Evans also DeSean Jackson. Watson Hopkins, Fuller. Mahomes Hill, Kelce Watkins. Goff Robert woods, Brandon Cooks, then they drafted kup. It’s not that start to understand you don’t draft a QB an expect him to develop as he receivers develop, all that cap space we’ve had & he didn’t take advantage of it. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, TitanRedd said:

Of course I see why you guys don’t see my point in why I said Robinson is part of the reason why we as a offense hasn’t taken the next jump, you all are so happy with being mediocre 9-7 every year scratching & clawing for every win that you miss the bigger picture. Quote a HOF steve young it’s no excuse over the years we have had so much cap space & not taken advantage of Mariota skill set, & him being on a cheap rookie deal. Now we been 9-7 how many years imagine how many games we win with a better offense 🤔. Robinson failed to upgrade the interior O line & he failed to surround Mariota with proven weapons on the outside. Again how do you expect a QB to develop into a franchise QB when his receivers are all raw & developing themselves. Look what the rams did with Jared Goff got him weapons, Hou Deshawn Watson weapons, Phili Wentz surrounded him with weapons. Mahomes weapons, mayfield weapons you all don’t get it because we been losing so long you’ll accept 9-7 👌🏽 To each his own though 

nooooo, we get it just fine.. did you not read what I said? we have surrounded him with weapons. top 5 pick on a WR, one of the best TE's in the league and that 2016 line was regarded as the best in the league, do you not remember? I think you're bashing jrob for no reason. but the guy has done a great job. nobody here is "stuck in mediocrity".  out of all those qb's you named, only one has first round pick that they rely on and that's Watson. goff?? you realize that jrob tried to trade for cooks but the asking price was too high, wentz has the same caliber of weapons that mariota has, he just didn't play without his all world TE this year like Mariota did. Mahomes is mahomes. his weapons don't make him, he makes his weapons. Watson? he has the best wr in the game and that's it. everything else around him is pedestrian. he got sacked 62 times last year so maybe they should invest in their online like jrob has for his qb...

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:48 PM, deeluxx3 said:

Nobody is saying that Robinson isn't doing a good job. But he whiffed last offseason and strengthening our offensive weaknesses -- interior OL and WR. 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, Daniel said:

Eh, I don't know that that's fair, considering that they were just a year out from drafting two receivers and a tight end in the same draft, and the same length of time removed from having the top offensive line in the league with the exact same makeup.  Putting too much draft capital into a single position is unwise, generally.  A lot of 20/20 hindsight in the criticism of JRob IMO.

he didn't whiff last offseason. he focused on other areas. do you not remember him giving kline an extention last offseason? nobody could have predicted he would regress. at the time, the extention was well warrented. you cant keep taking wr high every year. nobody thought the #2 wr would quit on the team either. theres a difference in addressing needs and having players get hurt.

Matthews was really a #3 WR he was simply solid.. & again J Rob failed to give Mariota proven talent. Instead of him paying top dollar for a WR, he drafted 1. I never said he doesn’t try or he’s a bad GM again he blew it in surrounding mariota with proven talent with a lot of cap space. Yes I know no one was expecting Delanie to get hurt or Matthews quitting but at the end of every season you can look at our roster & tell we need more speed on offense, better receivers, guys that fit a offense around  Mariota skill set.. Tampa traded for Desan Jackson, phili paid for Alston Jeffery. Houston drafted Will Fuller because they had an all pro that could help him develop, KC Got Sammy Watkins because speed kills & you can never have too many weapons with a QB that can make every throw. The rams traded for Sammy Watkins he left they traded for Brandon cooks a 1st round pick & traded for Robert woods.. again what proven talent has Robinson signed or trade for to help mariota 🤔.. Robinson at times thinks he’s Belechick & that he can put whatever receivers on the field & mariota can win with em, like he’s Brady. He’s shown no aggression in surrounding him with proven productive talent. 

18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ll take Urban over Johnson easily. Doesn’t fix the pass-rush but does add length that neither Casey, Jones, or Johnson have.

Absolutely 100%. Would be an upgrade on Johnson. Dean Pees knows how to use him as well. Hope we sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal.

• Like 1

Going through some football withdrawals... Found a couple awesome videos on YouTube 

This is a fiml breakdown on Humphries. It seems we found a great guy for Mariota. Reinforces my original thoughts earlier this season that we need someone who can stretch the field to clear some of the mid/short field for Davis, Walker, and Humphries (Fant could do that down the seam) 

The second video is a breakdown of Henry's career. This might have been posted before and it's not any new info... But man, does it give me some high freaking hopes heading into the season