Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

15 minutes ago, Abdoulaye said:

If the Titans are going after a TE , it would be Kyle Rudolph joining his old position coach in Nashville . The man was underutilized in Minnesota. He could be a great RZ weapon for Mariota. 

Sounds good but not likely 

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Sounds good but not likely 

Talent wise hes great but Idk wasnt he always hurt? And why dose the media and such think we need a TE? Walkers injury was awful but it was also week 1 so thats a good amount of time and Im not saying hes going to be a top 2 or 3 TE like he was before but I got faith he will be solid keep the work load light in TC and he should be good to go. Not to mention we got Smith who looked really good before he went down and I feel like he will be the guy when Walker retires. Just confusing 

5 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Talent wise hes great but Idk wasnt he always hurt? And why dose the media and such think we need a TE? Walkers injury was awful but it was also week 1 so thats a good amount of time and Im not saying hes going to be a top 2 or 3 TE like he was before but I got faith he will be solid keep the work load light in TC and he should be good to go. Not to mention we got Smith who looked really good before he went down and I feel like he will be the guy when Walker retires. Just confusing 

Not confusing at all. Walker is 85 coming off a major injury and Smith hasn’t been consistent enough to be given anything. Just because he had a few catches last year because getting hurt(again) doesn’t mean he should be the starter after Delanie retires.

• Like 1

I don't see Rudolph as a fit here. We need to find Walker's replacement soon, but I dint think Rudolph fits that. He's only turning 30 this year, but it looks /feels like he's an "old" 30 (kinda like Gronk, who's the same age). 

In spite of his age, Walker hasn't shown signs of slowing down prior to his injury. He's still in great condition and looks like he's been working hard to get back. I think he still had at least 2 good years in him... At which point I think Rudolph will be winding down as well. 

I still think Pruitt showed flashes last year... And he reminds me a lot of Delanie (6'2, 250ish, mid 4.5 40,etc). Maybe he's a late bloomer like Delanie was a well. I'm hopeful he makes an impact this year. 

• Like 1

Question, I have wondered this for a long time. But why in the heck are we not interested in Gerald McCoy?? Is he not a good fit for our defense? Is he washed up or something? He seems like he’d be the perfect fit while we await Simmons debut, and we’d give up nothing for him. I just don’t understand.

22 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Question, I have wondered this for a long time. But why in the heck are we not interested in Gerald McCoy?? Is he not a good fit for our defense? Is he washed up or something? He seems like he’d be the perfect fit while we await Simmons debut, and we’d give up nothing for him. I just don’t understand.

They might be.  The Titans are actually pretty good at keeping tight lipped on things.  Could be that they're just gonna wait on him getting released, could be he wants a trade to certain teams himself.  Who knows?

I imagine he'd come with a really big price tag.

2 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

The asking price could be high by the Bucs

For what it’s worth either today tomorrow or sometime soon I forget what day it is but we could have the next waive of players start to sign soon because of those players and something to do with compensation so guys like Suh and Wilkerson could be in play for the Titans