Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

14 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Smh

Same. I’m actually beginning to accept we are stuck w/ Daquan, Johnson, and Urban — depressing. I really would like to not rush Simmons back and have him take a redshirt year. But I don’t know if we can afford to redshirt him if we’re stuck w/ those guys.

Edited by Mariota615TN

28 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Same. I’m actually beginning to accept we are stuck w/ Daquan, Johnson, and Urban — depressing. I really would like to not rush Simmons back and have him take a redshirt year. But I don’t know if we can afford to redshirt him if we’re stuck w/ those guys.

I think we'll be fine.  We've lacked another interior pass rusher for years, Casey is the most consistently elite player on the team, the edge rush is at least improved, and our linebackers and DBs should be great.  The team already had a great defense, and on paper, it's better even without another Dlineman.

Plus the offense should be drastically improved with the additions of Humphries, Brown, and Saffold and the return of Delanie.

The DaQuan extension has to be one of JRob's bigger mistakes to this point. Not that he's made many "big" mistakes...but Jones has legit had like 6 good games in his career where you actually noticed him on the field. He strung them together before his injury and cashed in.

It's not like he's a bad player. But he's just another body out there to me and always has been. Same with Austin Johnson. No impact from either of those guys.

39 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

The DaQuan extension has to be one of JRob's bigger mistakes to this point. Not that he's made many "big" mistakes...but Jones has legit had like 6 good games in his career where you actually noticed him on the field. He strung them together before his injury and cashed in.

It's not like he's a bad player. But he's just another body out there to me and always has been. Same with Austin Johnson. No impact from either of those guys.

I think I have a higher opinion of Daquan Jones than yall.  He's good against the run, and contributes nominally to the pass rush.  He's a mediocre starting DT, or he was when he was signed to that extension, at least.  He did have a down year in 2018.

Johnson, one the other hand, is pretty much equivalent to a camp body.  Shouldn't be seeing any significant time.

Still, Urban should be an improvement over Johnson, at least.  And once everyone's healthy, the starting three on the inside in base should be Simmons, Jones, and Casey.  That will be a pretty studly lineup, and Simmons and Casey in two DL packages too.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think we'll be fine.  We've lacked another interior pass rusher for years, Casey is the most consistently elite player on the team, the edge rush is at least improved, and our linebackers and DBs should be great.  The team already had a great defense, and on paper, it's better even without another Dlineman.

Plus the offense should be drastically improved with the additions of Humphries, Brown, and Saffold and the return of Delanie.

Wrong we need interior pass rush far more than edge rushers it’s a quick passing league it’s easier to double an edge chip him with a back & the good QB’s can step up & climb the pocket, interior pass rush knocks QBs off their spot, disrupts timing & rhythm 

• Like 1