Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

This may be an under the radar type of move, but I really would love to sign Restricted Free Agent NT Michael Pierce away from the Ravens. He has been an absolute beast for them run plugging and he can push the pocket really well. Austin Johnson is not good enough and would be better suited for depth. Pierce is far superior to Daquan as well. I think the Ravens will tender Pierce at the 2nd or 3rd round level and I would love to sign him to an offer sheet. 

Anyone else high on Michael Pierce???

I honestly think he’ll be outpriced. Way too much for a guy who will playing minimal snaps at NT. It’s sad we have yet to find a good NT. Teams can find UDFA and instantly have a good NT and yet we’re out signing bums to way too much money(Williams/Logan). People say it’s not an important position because they don’t play a lot of snaps but if this team wants to consistently stop the run, find a damn good NT. Also can only imagine how much better Brown and Evans would be not constantly having to avoid OL or shedding blocks. I like Pierce but we can’t be paying that kind of money to someone like that. Need to find a late round or UDFA to do that job. Hell, we had a solid NT on the roster but of course we let him go and now he’s making plays in Dallas.

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I honestly think he’ll be outpriced. Way too much for a guy who will playing minimal snaps at NT. It’s sad we have yet to find a good NT. Teams can find UDFA and instantly have a good NT and yet we’re out signing bums to way too much money(Williams/Logan). People say it’s not an important position because they don’t play a lot of snaps but if this team wants to consistently stop the run, find a damn good NT. Also can only imagine how much better Brown and Evans would be not constantly having to avoid OL or shedding blocks. I like Pierce but we can’t be paying that kind of money to someone like that. Need to find a late round or UDFA to do that job. Hell, we had a solid NT on the roster but of course we let him go and now he’s making plays in Dallas.

Completely agree, I think NT is critical for allowing other players to roam free and make plays consistently. And with Flacco set to leave and clear up cap room, you are 100% right, they could outprice our bid. Ravens have always had such a solid D because they build from the inside-on their defense and I really wish we would follow this pattern. Whether its been Tony Siragusa, Brandon Williams, or Michael Pierce, they have always been set at NT. 

I really hope we invest heavily into our Defensive front this off season. I think Casey has 1-2 elite years left and we need to pair a difference maker with him. Also, I know I've said this a few times already in some posts, but I really want Vic Beasley. I think his stock is the lowest it's been in a while and he could be had for a 2nd round pick, which I believe his potential value can easily justify. He and Harold would provide an insane speed rush combo. And, if we can't sign a guy away like Michael Pierce, then drafting a Defensive Lineman in the 1st round would be an excellent move. 

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2019/1/5/18168201/falcons-and-vic-beasley-could-be-heading-for-an-impasse-say-bye-bye-vic

Also, AMEN to this article.

https://titansized.com/2019/01/06/tennessee-titans-need-read-tea-leaves-afc-south-playoff-matchup/

Edited by Mariota615TN

Clowney is still my # target.  If Houston somehow doesn't tag him, I throw the kitchen sink at him.  With the Vrabel connection, need, fit, etc... it would be a slam dunk signing in my opinion.  More realistically would be Flowers or Graham.  Couple that with one of the DTs (two big signings may not be entirely possible, but we could maybe get Wilkerson or Irving on a "cheap" one year prove-it type deal.  We still add a lineman early-ish in the draft... and that defense would be insane. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

This may be an under the radar type of move, but I really would love to sign Restricted Free Agent NT Michael Pierce away from the Ravens. He has been an absolute beast for them run plugging and he can push the pocket really well. Austin Johnson is not good enough and would be better suited for depth. Pierce is far superior to Daquan as well. I think the Ravens will tender Pierce at the 2nd or 3rd round level and I would love to sign him to an offer sheet. 

Anyone else high on Michael Pierce???

The fact that he did that against the Colts makes me want him. I had never heard of him, but I knew the Ravens had a really good NT.

If he's able to collapse the pocket that often he would be able to play all three downs. 

We have needed someone who can drive someone back like that. Not another penetrator like Casey, but someone to drive the OL completely backwards.

The guys we have can stand their grouns, but we rarely drive people backwards that far.

It also helps that the Ravens front is so good he's not getting double teamed in those clips. 

I don't think we could do a 2nd for him unless we absolutely believe hes a 3 down player at NT.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

The fact that he did that against the Colts makes me want him. I had never heard of him, but I knew the Ravens had a really good NT.

If he's able to collapse the pocket that often he would be able to play all three downs. 

We have needed someone who can drive someone back like that. Not another penetrator like Casey, but someone to drive the OL completely backwards.

The guys we have can stand their grouns, but we rarely drive people backwards that far.

It also helps that the Ravens front is so good he's not getting double teamed in those clips. 

I don't think we could do a 2nd for him unless we absolutely believe hes a 3 down player at NT.

I've never heard of him either but that 3 play video shouldn't move the needle for you that drastically if that's all you've seen of him. Those are clips from the preseason against a Colts o-line that clearly didn't have it together.

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Clowney is still my # target.  If Houston somehow doesn't tag him, I throw the kitchen sink at him.  With the Vrabel connection, need, fit, etc... it would be a slam dunk signing in my opinion.  More realistically would be Flowers or Graham.  Couple that with one of the DTs (two big signings may not be entirely possible, but we could maybe get Wilkerson or Irving on a "cheap" one year prove-it type deal.  We still add a lineman early-ish in the draft... and that defense would be insane. 

We are due to hit on one of these big DL guys some day. Haynesworth, Mario Williams, Suh, we've missed out on some big ones. Clowney and Jurrell would be a nasty mix with the young guys. Still could use some beef at NT.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I've never heard of him either but that 3 play video shouldn't move the needle for you that drastically if that's all you've seen of him. Those are clips from the preseason against a Colts o-line that clearly didn't have it together.

Oh it was a preseason game? Lol. We playes the Ravens so I just assumed they did. 

I would still like someone who can do that. Just don't know anything about him.

I just want us to have a semi healthy year next year and if we continue to add players in early round that make the field on game day we will be fine. Be it either side of the ball.   

I just noticed something about our schedule that we just played.    

I hope people realized 9 or our 16 games were against teams that made the playoffs   That is a real tough schedule  went 4-5 in those games.    

It just still frustrates me as with just a few minor things to go our way we could have been 12-4 easily.   

The miami loss mess of a game the targeting penalty crack back block not called Marcus getting hurt on a play I consider dirty he went to hurt not tackle knew the ball was gone 

the Bills loss giving up that late score

the SD loss not going for extra point or even not converting the two point 

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Big fan of this. I think I have a yearbook photo at roughly the same age where I’m also rocking a Samari Rolle jersey.

I wore the **** out of my Eddie George jersey to the point where the numbers were peeling off lol. I was a lot younger though, like 7 or 8.

For the record... I wasn't the one who started this talk!!!  Lol

From https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/1/11/18172496/titans-offseason-roster-breakdown-cap-space-and-contract-decisions

Logan Ryan (CB) - Logan Ryan has been outstanding in his two seasons in Tennessee. He’s now entering the final year of the 3-year, $30M deal he signed two offseasons ago and I would imagine the Titans would be interested in keeping him around a while longer. Ryan is a massive value as a slot corner with his tackling and blitzing allowing him to contribute beyond coverage. Earlier this season on his weekly segment on Midday 180, he mentioned being open to the possibility of transitioning to safety once he got to the point where he wasn’t quick enough to cover wide receivers. We certainly aren’t there yet, but Ryan would make an excellent safety with his smarts and skill set. He’s quickly become one of my favorite Titans and I hope the team decides to add to his deal this offseason.

44 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

For the record... I wasn't the one who started this talk!!!  Lol

From https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/1/11/18172496/titans-offseason-roster-breakdown-cap-space-and-contract-decisions

Logan Ryan (CB) - Logan Ryan has been outstanding in his two seasons in Tennessee. He’s now entering the final year of the 3-year, $30M deal he signed two offseasons ago and I would imagine the Titans would be interested in keeping him around a while longer. Ryan is a massive value as a slot corner with his tackling and blitzing allowing him to contribute beyond coverage. Earlier this season on his weekly segment on Midday 180, he mentioned being open to the possibility of transitioning to safety once he got to the point where he wasn’t quick enough to cover wide receivers. We certainly aren’t there yet, but Ryan would make an excellent safety with his smarts and skill set. He’s quickly become one of my favorite Titans and I hope the team decides to add to his deal this offseason.

Yeah right! You're writing for MCM now and trying to hide it!!! Lol

• Like 1