Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

21 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah the last couple Fisher years through the Whisenhunt years were rough for sure.

Amy forcing Mularkey on JRob was certainly a weird, though I don't think it was as bad as some make it out to be. He's responsible for 2 of the 3 back to back winning seasons we've had, he's responsible for the first playoff birth since 08 and first playoff win since 03. He helped fix what was a sorry *** losing culture and turned us from a laughing stock to at least a respectable team.

Mularkey had his issues, but I personally look back on his short tenure with positive thoughts/memories rather than negative ones.

This team from like 2010 through 2015 was so bad. Especially 2014 and 2015. Those years honestly kinda broke me as a fan. I'm not sure it's possible to be much worse as a football team/franchise than what we were under Whisenhunt. If Mularkey did nothing else, he at least saved us from that. And I'll be forever grateful for it.

i think taken in isolation mularkey was certainly not a *bad* coach, and he did do a lot to help the team get out of the absolute basement of the NFL. i just feel like the issue was the timing. you had mariota coming off his rookie year and imo the priority needed to be finding someone he could grow with, not just the absolute safest option. i definitely appreciate some of the moments the mularkey era gave us, but overall i can't really think of it as anything but a mistake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

i think taken in isolation mularkey was certainly not a *bad* coach, and he did do a lot to help the team get out of the absolute basement of the NFL. i just feel like the issue was the timing. you had mariota coming off his rookie year and imo the priority needed to be finding someone he could grow with, not just the absolute safest option. i definitely appreciate some of the moments the mularkey era gave us, but overall i can't really think of it as anything but a mistake.

I think Mularkey was a good representation of the "great, not good" line the franchise is pushing now.  They saw Mularkey as a competent head coach, but not someone who would get the team to the next level, so they moved on.  He definitely wasn't a bad coach.

17 hours ago, -Hope- said:

I think it really comes down to the bold.

I think you can argue, though, that Mularkey was the right hire for the FRANCHISE, but the wrong hire for Mariota

On 6/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, -Hope- said:

Yeah, I like the way you put it there. I would just add that whatever happens next will pretty much determine how Mularkey's stint is ultimately viewed by Titans fans. Getting out of the cellar is not an easy thing to do, but if Mariota fizzles out after next season or shortly after, it still has to be a mistake. And on the other side of the coin, if Mariota sticks around as our legit franchise QB for the next 7+ or however many years, it will be looked at much kinder. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Titans typically sign a veteran going into camp. Decker, Andre Johnson etc.

So do the Titans do it 1 more time?

I still think we need 1 more DL. Wilkerson is still available and Corey Curtis who does the sideline reports in the preseason had something the other day that Nick Perry could be a fit from the Packers.

Anyone think the Titans take a look at either guy?

6 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Titans typically sign a veteran going into camp. Decker, Andre Johnson etc.

So do the Titans do it 1 more time?

I still think we need 1 more DL. Wilkerson is still available and Corey Curtis who does the sideline reports in the preseason had something the other day that Nick Perry could be a fit from the Packers.

Anyone think the Titans take a look at either guy?

Hell yes to Wilkerson we have NO DL that commands a double team or can disrupt inside besides Casey 🤷🏽‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

idk if any of y’all are keeping up with taylor lewan and will compton’s podcast- personally i find it kinda hit or miss but when it hits it’s real damn funny. not sure whether i can link it here since there’s some NSFW stuff in it, but they just did an episode with vrabel and it was hilarious. i was actually really impressed with how he handled it- he has a good rapport with these dudes and he’s obviously a players’ coach, but one that commands respect. 

also i’m pretty sure will compton’s soul left his body during that episode. that poor guy got roasted into the next dimension lmao

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

McNair ($5), Murray ($2), Davis ($3), Matthews ($1), Wycheck ($4)

This is the best possible one IMO. 

I could also roll with Hasselbeck (2), CJ (4), Mason (5), Matthews (1), and Cook (2), and that's only $14 lol 

Honestly our general incompetence at WR kills most decent combinations. 

10 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

This is the best possible one IMO. 

I could also roll with Hasselbeck (2), CJ (4), Mason (5), Matthews (1), and Cook (2), and that's only $14 lol 

Honestly our general incompetence at WR kills most decent combinations. 

The only thing to worry about having Matthews in a line up is him spontaneously quitting on you