Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

24 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Matt LeFleur sucked

He really did. Honestly wasn't any better for the offense than Robiskie IMO. Hindsight I guess. He's got Rodgers now, though, so we'll see what happens; although part of me believes he was only hired by Green Bay to be A-Rod's b**** and placate his alpha personality. 

2 hours ago, ShupacTakur said:

He really did. Honestly wasn't any better for the offense than Robiskie IMO. Hindsight I guess. He's got Rodgers now, though, so we'll see what happens; although part of me believes he was only hired by Green Bay to be A-Rod's b**** and placate his alpha personality. 

To Matt defense, yes his play calling was sh*+ty & predictable but 2 of the reasons Corey wasn’t fed the ball a lot was because he was doubled team a lot last season & inconsistent QB play. Our offense was handicap either because of Blaine Gabbert or mariota health. 

• Like 1

it’s hard to say how much of that was due to marcus’s health. that’s what arthur smith has said numerous times in defense of lafleur, but it’s not like it got any better once the glove came off. i’m hoping art does a better job with this, but we’ll see i guess.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Still believe Davis will be a top 10 WR with a real QB.

I think more specifically he would be a top 10 in a different offense. 
Someone like Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins produced great numbers with some bad QBs. But they were targeted at least 10 times a game and offense threw the ball more than 25 times. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know Cian Fahey is overly obsessed with Mariota

I know Mariota holds onto the ball too long and is injury prone

but come on man...

https://presnapreads.com/marcus-mariota-is-the-nfls-best-passer-in-obvious-passing-situations/

He is going to die on that hill. If Marcus does anything remotely great, he will crown himself as the all knowing all seeer. 

I really like Marcus as a QB and I want him here, but I'm not calling him the best at anything. 

Just watched our game winning OT drive against the Eagles to get some good vibes heading into training camp, and I gotta say watching our offense from last year for the first time in several months, it's so clear that the offense was in complete disarray even though we managed to pull that game out. Receivers were a mess, Marcus was missing throws (obviously not healthy), and our interior OLine was shakey at best. I say all that to say that I'm getting really excited to see how our offense can look with major improvements at all our weak areas, a healthy Marcus, and some continuity offensively. I think it could be an exciting year offensively, but a lot of that as usual depends on Marcus' long term health throughout the season. I am a lot more confident in Tannehill as our backup than I have been in any of the previous backups though, so if Marcus was to go down again I don't think our season would necessarily be completely lost like in years past.