Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

We should have over 40 plus mill in cap space, but keep in mind we also can cut DaQuon butler & Lewis after next season. It’s ways to create cap room restructuring deals 

"Assuming Vaccaro gets a contract similar to Cyp and that these contracts have a standard structure to them, it would leave us with about 15-20M to improve depth and for our draft picks and to roll over to next year (without taking into account any restructures, extension, or cuts that would add money to the cap). "

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKlpFzWkReI70a7VQJJuU

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Was Dodd not a bust when we cut him? Ross was taken in the draft a year later than Dodd and was a top 10 pick.

I don't watch the Bengals much, so I'm not going to pretend I know more than you or anyone else.  But I'd want to see more before I called him a bust.  Ross was always viewed as a DJax clone.  Was he worth a top 10 pick... probably not.  But I thought he would be a good value at 18 if we went elsewhere at 5 (my favorite was always MWilliams at 5). 

Anyway, just from seeing some of the stats/tweets out there, it seems Cincy didn't know how to use him... and didn't have the QBs to use him correctly. 

If you take those 2 tweets, it means that he caught 3 of the 4 deep passes that were considered catchable... and averaged 33 y/r with  2 of those 3 rec resulting in a TD. 

There was also a tweet that I can't find right now that showed 8 of his 21 catches were in the redzone.  He also averaged 10 yards per rececption.  You don't use a guy like Ross/DJax/etc as a red zone threat or a a short pass guy.  They're a deep threat.

But what do I know.  I'm a self-admitted sucker for potential.  I'd give up a 3rd for Ross (even after banging down the door that we need a veteran WR on the depth chart)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Was Dodd not a bust when we cut him? Ross was taken in the draft a year later than Dodd and was a top 10 pick.

Dodd barely suited up when healthy and is jobless right now so it’s kind of hard for me to compare the 2.. I see what you’re trying to say but Ross has shown glimpses atleast. Dodd wasn’t a scheme fit to begin with

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

"Assuming Vaccaro gets a contract similar to Cyp and that these contracts have a standard structure to them, it would leave us with about 15-20M to improve depth and for our draft picks and to roll over to next year (without taking into account any restructures, extension, or cuts that would add money to the cap). "

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKlpFzWkReI70a7VQJJuU

I would assume vacarro getting roughly 5 mill annually on his new deal, again we have over 30 plus mill in cap space & the cap is projected to rise another 10 mill. We actually can cut cyp & be pushing 50 cause if I’m not mistaken he’s set to make close to 6 mill this season. 

I think Titans go hard after Justin Houston if Chiefs can’t find a trade suitor and Chiefs release him. Regarding John Ross, I don’t think JROB will make make a phone call to the Bengals to even inquire about him. We need a Veteran at WR. 

At this point, I would be happy with Zadarius Smith, Preston Smith, or Trey Flowers in Free Agency. I fear the Colts will make a play and land one of those three guys, though.

3 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

I think Titans go hard after Justin Houston if Chiefs can’t find a trade suitor and Chiefs release him. Regarding John Ross, I don’t think JROB will make make a phone call to the Bengals to even inquire about him. We need a Veteran at WR. 

At this point, I would be happy with Zadarius Smith, Preston Smith, or Trey Flowers in Free Agency. I fear the Colts will make a play and land one of those three guys, though.

I didn't mean I'd make the move for John Ross... but I am saying he has 3rd round value... and if I was a team with a certain roster and needs... like say, surprise surprise, the Pats, I'd give up a 3rd for Ross.  If the asking price was a 4th, even better.

Thinking about Vrabel, I looked up to see if he played with Houston (the obvious connection, right?)... but Vrabel retired after the '10 season and Houston was drafted in '11.  Missed each other by a year.  But... he did play with Berry and Kendrick Lewis.... and of course Cassel, who Vrabel caught a couple of TDs  from.    Tells you how horrible Cassel was as a backup option, that even with that connection, Vrabel felt Sunshine was a better option behind Mariota.  

Also... something that may interest only me, but I'll share anyway... Saw an ESPN article after the trade praising Pioli for fleecing the Pats, only giving up a 2nd rounder for a franchise QB and starting LB.  "Cassel for a second-round draft pick probably would be seen as a steal. Adding Vrabel, too? That seems like tunnel-under-the-floor bank-heist stuff".  Cassel ended up with a 19-28 record in 4 years there, throwing for under 10k yards, a 57.4 completion %, and a 77.5 QB rating.  Vrabel played the last 2 seasons of his career there.  The Pats drafted Chung with that pick.  

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So yeah....

On one hand... I would almost assuredly hate whatever we gave up for him.

On the other hand... Adding one of, if not the best receiver in the game right now should do wonders for our offense...

I'm down, let's make it happen JRob!

Just now, Titansfan_13 said:

On one hand... I would almost assuredly hate whatever we gave up for him.

On the other hand... Adding one of, if not the best receiver in the game right now should do wonders for our offense...

I'm down, let's make it happen JRob!

No way the Raiders lose that auction. They have the most draft picks. Money to spend (I think). 

Their pick would be higher than ours. 

Nice to see we at least looked into it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

No way the Raiders lose that auction. They have the most draft picks. Money to spend (I think). 

Their pick would be higher than ours. 

Nice to see we at least looked into it. 

Depends on how dead set Jon is on getting him...

He seems to be collecting cheap vets and picks, aka young players on rookie contracts... AB isn't in either of those categories so he MAY not offer more than the Cowboys pick, which would be lower than ours.

A guy can dream, right? 😂

• Like 1