Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just read the Schefter blurb on ESPN... He said the Steelers started looking for a 1st+ but have now moved to just a 1st... I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Maybe even throw in something extra to counter is the Raiders offered an earlier 1st depending on what PIT asked for...

“The Steelers' asking price started out as a first-round pick and other compensation, but now has been reduced to a first-round pick. It doesn't mean the Steelers get it in return for Brown, but their goals are now more realistic.”

From Schefter

Sorry but I have a hard time believing we’ll do that or even come close and I certainly wouldn’t do it. That much for a soon to be 31 year old receiver who ******* and complains on Twitter and blames his teammates. Steelers might be able to get the Raiders and their dumb front office to do it and plus they have 3 1st round picks but it’s not happening with Robinson. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

“The Steelers' asking price started out as a first-round pick and other compensation, but now has been reduced to a first-round pick. It doesn't mean the Steelers get it in return for Brown, but their goals are now more realistic.”

From Schefter

Sorry but I have a hard time believing we’ll do that or even come close and I certainly wouldn’t do it. That much for a soon to be 31 year old receiver who ******* and complains on Twitter and blames his teammates. Steelers might be able to get the Raiders and their dumb front office to do it and plus they have 3 1st round picks but it’s not happening with Robinson. 

I can't see it. 

We tried this before. With Yancy lol. That didn't go well. 

Hard to see us giving up what the Raiders can. 

• Like 1

We’ve been terrible at a position for the entire Titans run. We have spent buckets and buckets and buckets of draft capital on that position for 20 years. We have a question mark at QB that is about to be up for a new contract. One of the most productive receivers in NFL history is available. Get him. Go. Now.

With that said, I’m not getting my hopes up.

• Like 3

1st might be a little steep but at the same time, he is a proven talent. We can 3-5 solid years from a proven player. With a rookie we don’t know what we are getting, could turn into a star or could possible not make it to his 2nd contract. It’s a toss up.  If we get him cool, if we don’t I’m not losing any sleep over it. 

Cant lie it would be nice to have one of the top WRs in the league for once. We have the guys in the locker room to keep him from being a problem in my opinion.

Plus if we wait for FA it’s no guarantee we’ll get the WR we want then we’ll be stuck with either a vet on his last leg or another unproven WR. So it’s kind of a pick your poison kind of deal. If we are in a win now mode I think we go after Brown.

Edited by 615finest

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

We’ve been terrible at a position for the entire Titans run. We have spent buckets and buckets and buckets of draft capital on that position for 20 years. We have a question mark at QB that is about to be up for a new contract. One of the most productive receivers in NFL history is available. Get him. Go. Now.

With that said, I’m not getting my hopes up.

Couldn’t have said this any better 

• Like 1