Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

37 minutes ago, 615finest said:

We definitely need more then defense and OL to win a Super Bowl. And defense definitely wasn’t the problem last season

Defense wasn’t the main problem but it was far from where it needs to be. Pretty much got dismantled by any decent offense because they couldn’t rush the passer.

48 minutes ago, 615finest said:

We definitely need more then defense and OL to win a Super Bowl. And defense definitely wasn’t the problem last season

Defense wasn’t the problem 🤔 you do recall our secondary is up & down between adores & butler struggles only consistency is Ryan & Byard, also we have 0 pass rush on the D line if your name isn’t Jurrell Casey & our Run defense slipped. Defense has some holes sorry my guy 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

We don’t need Antonio Brown to win a superbowl again we need defense & OL additions rather be a run 1st team with a efficient passing game like the patriots of last yr, the eagles the year before the Seahawks the ravens 

No one's ignoring the defense or run game.  I think it's pretty unanimous that DL and OLB are amongst our biggest needs.  And while teams are built differently... let's not act like the Pats (Gronk, Edelman), Eagles (Ertz, Jeffery), and Seahawks (Tate and Baldwin) had no receiving threats. 

We already have Davis and Walker, although we don't know how effective Walker will be going into next year.  All of us agree we need to upgrade our WR depth, ideally adding a starter.  Brown is not a need... he's probably honestly not even a target for JRob.  But lets not act like he wouldn't make this team better.  We're not far from being a legit playoff threat... and someone at the level of Brown would do wonders opening things up for everyone else on the offense...running lanes for Henry, Walker suddenly being the 3rd option/a true security blanket, Davis going up against #2s.  

The personality and fit concerns are real.  JRob and Vrabel definitely need to assess... and trying to make all that fit while also giving up a 1st doesn't make much sense.  Would a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year make more sense?  I mean... maybe, right?  They have to determine how close we really are to being a legit contender.. and is someone like Brown a piece that could help get us there... 

It's definitely not easily transparent.  

16 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Defense wasn’t the problem 🤔 you do recall our secondary is up & down between adores & butler struggles only consistency is Ryan & Byard, also we have 0 pass rush on the D line if your name isn’t Jurrell Casey & our Run defense slipped. Defense has some holes sorry my guy 🤷🏽‍♂️

There's definitely some holes.... especially in that front 7. We need a starter opposite Landry, and opposite Casey.. as well as improved depth on the line.  But inspite those struggles last year, we finished as a top 10 unit in yardage and top 5 in points.  We're a couple of pieces away from being a legit championship caliber defense... we don't need a complete shake up on this side of the ball.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

No one's ignoring the defense or run game.  I think it's pretty unanimous that DL and OLB are amongst our biggest needs.  And while teams are built differently... let's not act like the Pats (Gronk, Edelman), Eagles (Ertz, Jeffery), and Seahawks (Tate and Baldwin) had no receiving threats. 

We already have Davis and Walker, although we don't know how effective Walker will be going into next year.  All of us agree we need to upgrade our WR depth, ideally adding a starter.  Brown is not a need... he's probably honestly not even a target for JRob.  But lets not act like he wouldn't make this team better.  We're not far from being a legit playoff threat... and someone at the level of Brown would do wonders opening things up for everyone else on the offense...running lanes for Henry, Walker suddenly being the 3rd option/a true security blanket, Davis going up against #2s.  

The personality and fit concerns are real.  JRob and Vrabel definitely need to assess... and trying to make all that fit while also giving up a 1st doesn't make much sense.  Would a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year make more sense?  I mean... maybe, right?  They have to determine how close we really are to being a legit contender.. and is someone like Brown a piece that could help get us there... 

It's definitely not easily transparent.  

Again notice I said a efficient passing game not a elite WR.. NE I shouldn’t have mentioned that was dumb the greatest HC & QB of all time alone is a trump card. Back to what I was saying before I spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a WR that we’re going to have to pay 20 mill a yr I rather spend that money on 2 offensive skill players, that’s a #2 WR & a TE or he’ll you can double down in FA on WR. If you want to give AB 20 mill why not sign TyRell Williams & humpries 

15 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

AB/CD/TT  >>>  CD/TW/AH

It sounds good,  but use your head AB wants his targets plays in a pass heavy offense. You thinking more on the talent vs the fit. Let’s say the titans traded for AB, mariota is no Big Ben he struggles driving the ball, throwing from the pocket. If you want to win with Marcus you start with a run game. He’s not a elite passer more like an elite game manager when healthy.