Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

A offense Marcus will thrive in is like the saints of today offense. 2 head rushing attack with a consistent pass catching threat. Corey Davis can be our Michael Thomas with fewer less targets a game, Someone like TyRell Williams give us a true #2 that can stretch the field if Delanie is healthy he’s a reliable safety blanket that can work the middle of the field. 

10 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Defense wasn’t the problem 🤔 you do recall our secondary is up & down between adores & butler struggles only consistency is Ryan & Byard, also we have 0 pass rush on the D line if your name isn’t Jurrell Casey & our Run defense slipped. Defense has some holes sorry my guy 🤷🏽‍♂️

Defense has some holes, im not disagreeing with you on that but fixing those problems won’t take us to the next level without an offense. Defense finished in the top 10 despite those holes. We need an offense to sustain drives and score points so the defense won’t be on the field as much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Defense has some holes, im not disagreeing with you on that but fixing those problems won’t take us to the next level without an offense. Defense finished in the top 10 despite those holes. We need an offense to sustain drives and score points so the defense won’t be on the field as much.

Agreed. If we are to beat the Colts/Texans/Jags and win the division, we truly are in need of 3 impact players — 2 impact defensive players in the form of pass rushers (1 on DLine and 1 OLB) and an impact Offensive weapon (WR). This is not going to be cheap to have these holes filled. I don’t know how JRob is going to accomplish these 3 needs in the form of acquiring extremely high quality players, but he’s got to find a way.

Rumor has it Chiefs are asking for a 2nd round pick for Dee Ford. I understand we would need to sign him to a longer term contract within the next year; however, I really want us to take this gamble. We would pay him $15 this year but heck we’re getting a player that’s in the beginning of his prime. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

Give up 2nd Round pick for Dee Ford: Yes

Draft Christian Wilkins or Lawrence with our 1st Round pick: Yes

Sign Zadarius Smith to a long term contract to play along the defensive line/fill in at OLB in various packages: Yes

Obtain an Elite Defense: Sign me up 

Add a receiver & Guard in FA I’m wit it 

Considering the alternatives, I'd rather sign an OLB without having to give up a pick.  Give me Flowers at a similar contract... or Smith or Barr at potentially lower salary, all without having to give up a pick. 

Or give me Fowler... who by his age 24 season, has 3 times as many sacks as Ford had through his age 24 season.  And he'd come at a fraction of the cost.  Barrett could also be a bargain/steal/value pick up.  Way too many options at Edge to give up a pick. 

Edited by ragevsuall17
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

And yet there’s idiot Titan fans(not on here) who want to go after CJ Mosley. Our ILB group is going to be in damn good hands in the near future. Excited for Brown and Evans continued development. Woodyard is entering his final year here and has been good in his time here. Glad the younger guys got to learn from him.

• Like 3