Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

8 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Technically we offered a pick for cooks, the saints didn’t want the pick that we offered

That’s the point we didn’t offer enough for a WR in the prime of his career but some thought we would for a guy who would be 31 before next season and who has become a cancer to current team. Didn’t make any sense to me. Robinson probably called like a lot of teams and did his due diligence by asking the price.

• Like 1

I can't ever think we were really seriously a contender. I think made a call and said we'd be willing to make a deal. Offered something, probably an 2nd and another pick for Brown and a 6th or something.   If Oakland wants him, they have more resources to give Brown what he wants.  Plus he gets to get all the Raiders mystic with him and they will embrace his cavalier ways. 

The "guy" said it was done, I'm leaning that way myself too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Don’t we own the 51st or 53rd pick? That would give us back to back picks I’m down for it

For a disgruntled WR that clearly has issues who won't be getting the ball even close to as much as he was before? Yeah I'd rather keep our pick and cap space.

16 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Dunno if this was posted or not yet:

Right on.  I think Tye Smith is an excellent 5th CB... who could play as a 3rd CB in a punch.  I liked him in '17.

Flu could probably be upgraded, but I have no problem with him as our #3.  He's low cost and fills in on STs.  If Love somehow slips to the 4th, I'd go grab him too... not a need, but could be a potential steal (I'd look at him hard in the 3rd as well, tbh... the upside he showed in '17 is intriguing).

40 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

For a disgruntled WR that clearly has issues who won't be getting the ball even close to as much as he was before? Yeah I'd rather keep our pick and cap space.

Even getting their 2nd back, I wouldn't have done that trade.  Based on the traditional value chart, it'd be valuing  Brown as a 2nd rounder... high 2nd rounder.  It's not bad value per se... but our 1st is valuable to us ... more so than other years, seeing as we're hosting the draft. 

Our first this year had to be off the table.  I was always about a 2nd this year, and some kinda conditional next (3rd that could have become a 2nd, etc)...

Hope we're still aggressive on the WR market... because there aren't many fallback options.  Go get your man JRob...

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

Even getting their 2nd back, I wouldn't have done that trade.  Based on the traditional value chart, it'd be valuing  Brown as a 2nd rounder... high 2nd rounder.  It's not bad value per se... but our 1st is valuable to us ... more so than other years, seeing as we're hosting the draft. 

Our first this year had to be off the table.  I was always about a 2nd this year, and some kinda conditional next (3rd that could have become a 2nd, etc)...

Hope we're still aggressive on the WR market... because there aren't many fallback options.  Go get your man JRob...

I'm not interested in trading for Brown, but I would sincerely hope we're not avoiding trading our 1st round pick for the sole reason that the draft is in Nashville and we want to be showcased in the first round.

23 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm not interested in trading for Brown, but I would sincerely hope we're not avoiding trading our 1st round pick for the sole reason that the draft is in Nashville and we want to be showcased in the first round.

Especially since the crowd won’t be particularly loud for the Titans pick anyways. Have AB come out in a Titans jersey. It’ll get a bigger reaction than any random draft pick in the middle of the first round.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Not avoiding it completely... but you'll have to get + value to give it up.

I think a trade up is more likely than a trade out.  Football value above all else... but there's also a certain level of PR value that has to be taken into account (why some/most teams wouldn't have picked Hunt up when the Browns did). 

Im fine with not getting brown. Wouldve been interesting though. And I dont like the idea of trading Marcus. Makes no sense.

Anyways I wanna target Ford. Or go after Houston. Also we could just sign Suggs and Smith get that ravens OLB heat lol. Im down for any of that.

Edited by VY-FTW
  • Like 1

Even if it's not a trade for AB, I still can't shake this feeling that Jon is going to make some type of big time move to shake things up. I feel like he feels the pressure of taking this team from middle of the road to contender, and with Mariota in pretty much a make or break year, I think he has something up his sleeve.