Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I don’t really get them wanting him. I don’t think it’s a bad trade if your willing to pay 20 mil a year for a receiver. I thought the whole point of Mack Amari traded and Carr’s name keep getting brought up was to dump salary and rebuild so what does he do for a team who isn’t going to contend for at least two years being already 31.

A little less than I thought he'd go for. It's funny how people were up in arms about giving a 1st...when it was pretty clear Pitt wasn't getting that. I still thought it'd be 2nd round value though... So the Raiders are getting incredible value for a guy who's gone over 100/1200 each of the list 6 seasons. 

1 minute ago, Adamc89 said:

I don’t really get them wanting him. I don’t think it’s a bad trade if your willing to pay 20 mil a year for a receiver. I thought the whole point of Mack Amari traded and Carr’s name keep getting brought up was to dump salary and rebuild so what does he do for a team who isn’t going to contend for at least two years being already 31.

The Raiders are ridiculous... Horrible decision on Mack. 

But Cooper wasn't working out for them... He turned it around in Dallas, but maybe he needed that change of scenery. Still, for a horribly ran franchise, they did well essentially trading Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th for Brown and a 1st.

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

The Raiders are ridiculous... Horrible decision on Mack. 

But Cooper wasn't working out for them... He turned it around in Dallas, but maybe he needed that change of scenery. Still, for a horribly ran franchise, they did well essentially trading Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th for Brown and a 1st.

I think Mack adds more value than AB. He took a good defense to almost great last year. When you word it like that honestly that’s pretty good for them player and draft Capitol wise. I just think they are more of a rebuild. I’d been ecstatic giving that for AB. I wanted him in the back of my mind but I knew realistically it wasn’t the best thing for the titans. It would be awesome to have a dominant big name player here. Especially with the money  the free agent receivers are gong to get this offseason for mediocre receivers. None of those are gong to drastically change this offense. 

1 minute ago, Adamc89 said:

I think Mack adds more value than AB. He took a good defense to almost great last year. When you word it like that honestly that’s pretty good for them player and draft Capitol wise. I just think they are more of a rebuild. I’d been ecstatic giving that for AB. I wanted him in the back of my mind but I knew realistically it wasn’t the best thing for the titans. It would be awesome to have a dominant big name player here. Especially with the money  the free agent receivers are gong to get this offseason for mediocre receivers. None of those are gong to drastically change this offense. 

Oh yeah. I'm saying how ridiculous (ly bad) the Mack trade and justification for it was. Horrible. 

Giving up on Cooper makes some sense... But trading for AB, really doesn't... Not for them. They got a great deal, dont get me wrong. But how does it make sense? He's not a player that will get them from 4th worst record to the playoffs. 

They're also reportedly shopping Carr (unless they're not). So they think AB will be patient with a rookie qb? And they think he'll expedite the rook's learning curve? That's a huge gamble on a diva (although great) wr.

As far as us, I agree... I would have given up or 2nd for him, no doubt 

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Oh yeah. I'm saying how ridiculous (ly bad) the Mack trade and justification for it was. Horrible. 

Giving up on Cooper makes some sense... But trading for AB, really doesn't... Not for them. They got a great deal, dont get me wrong. But how does it make sense? He's not a player that will get them from 4th worst record to the playoffs. 

They're also reportedly shopping Carr (unless they're not). So they think AB will be patient with a rookie qb? And they think he'll expedite the rook's learning curve? That's a huge gamble on a diva (although great) wr.

As far as us, I agree... I would have given up or 2nd for him, no doubt 

I agree with everything your saying. You nailed it with both posts in my eyes.Rap said we were out early. Philly and the raiders were in it at the end on tv just now. Saying that it’s nice we showed interest but I look forward to the  draft and free agency more than the season almost. We’ve rebuilt from a bottom feeder to middle of the pack but it’s so frustrating how let down I get every year when we sign middling players. I get it I do but I’d love to have a big name signing or trade. It’s why AB was a pipe dream in a way. I just feel let down every year after free agency. I get what JRob  is trying to do and I support it but it gets old after a while just because how they try to sell it a lot. I feel like nfl teams value 3-7 round picks more then what they are. It’s nice to hit on them and every team will at times but most are Depth or special team additions. Most are players who don’t contribute a lot for a while. When most of the time you can get someone proven via trade for them. How good does trading a 1 for cooks look right now a few years ago when we got Davis and he still is unproven in a lot of ways. 

Edited by Adamc89

whatever. A 3rd a 5th tho. jfc. And highest paid WR? Vegas. seems like AB got what he wanted. BESIDES BEING ON A GOOD TEAM lmao. The raiders can build something great but its going to take at least 3 years imo. Maybe they make the playoffs cause AB is that good but with KC and SD they are in a tough spot. But whatever steelers can move on from having the best RB and WE in league with nothing to really show for it. 

Back to us. We need to get healthy. We need someone who can get open. Patch up the Oline and get some pass rushers and we are looking at a superbowl run. Glad all this AB stuff is over.

To me I can’t say Oakland was dumb for trading Mack. I get he’s a defensive game wrecker, but at some point you have to look at the reality of your team. The raiders were in salary cap hell & had to give Mack a extension. Despite Mack being dominant the raiders defense had so many holes that their defense was ranked near the bottom almost 3 years straight, so Gruden had to do what was best for the organization. Now say he founded a way to pay Mack therefore the raiders kept him for 4-6 more years & their defense still was atrocious & they weren’t winning games. Well the older Mack gets & the higher his cap # gets the less you get in return far as fair value 

25 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I would have given up a 3rd and 5th too quickly but that contract is insane. AB definitely won this whole saga.

still not understanding why the raiders were willing to pay AB and not Mack

I’m still not sure they have the salary now to pay Mack,  mack made it clear he wouldn’t play a down without a new contract. AB is getting paid but it’s a difference in 30 mill guaranteed & 90 mill guaranteed. The raiders didn’t have that kind of money. 

Edited by TitanRedd