Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised to see them get to 8-8 or 9-7 next year.

It wouldn’t shock me to see them go 9-7 or 11-5. Next yr. check this out remember the chiefs have no defense, & they’re switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 & hires one of the worst defensive coordinators in football.. the broncos scares no 1 wit Flacco I’m sorry. Every year it’s always a team that has a unexpected turn around like the rams, Eagles, bears it’s possible 

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

They’re not going anywhere in that division with Gruden.

Not saying you right not saying you wrong I’m saying it’s possible, I’ve stated why they’re loaded wit draft picks & they had 70 mill in cap space prior to trading for AB.. 

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

Love that we are not paying AB that money. We can use that money for 2-3 players in FA.

Really feeling confident about us signing Humphries.

Humphries and Z’Darius Smith will be more than $18 million per. And God I would rather have AB than Humphries and Smith.

• Like 2

I dont feel regret about missing out on AB. He going to Oakland does nothing as far as “shaking up” the league because Oakland will still suck, so it’s not like we will be watching them totally become a different team and saying “that could’ve been us.”

it would’ve been an exciting infusion of talent like never before, but he’s such a toxic personality that’s clearly OK counting his millions playing for a losing team

That said, would love to get Humphries. If we have to overpay, well thems the breaks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I dont feel regret about missing out on AB. He going to Oakland does nothing as far as “shaking up” the league because Oakland will still suck, so it’s not like we will be watching them totally become a different team and saying “that could’ve been us.”

it would’ve been an exciting infusion of talent like never before, but he’s such a toxic personality that’s clearly OK counting his millions playing for a losing team

That said, would love to get Humphries. If we have to overpay, well thems the breaks 

He’s a diva but none of his peers has yet to come out & say his toxic, I just didnt want him because he’s going to want his targets & our offense isn’t a pass happy offense. Now a lot of guys have said Big Ben is a horrible leader, & brown felt that the organization let Ben get away with everything.

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s a diva but none of his peers has yet to come out & say his toxic, I just didnt want him because he’s going to want his targets & our offense isn’t a pass happy offense. Now a lot of guys have said Big Ben is a horrible leader, & brown felt that the organization let Ben get away with everything.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire

too many negative headlines constantly surrounding the guy, doesn’t matter what teammates say at that point 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Humphries is nothing special, but gosh that guy can consistently get separation from CBs on his routes. Also, Humphries is absolutely clutch on third downs. Could be a definitive go-to guy and safe haven. Marcus really needs that baddddd. Tyrell Williams would be nice, but over Marcus’s career he hasn’t jumped out to me as a guy who just loves to chuck the football downfield anyways.

I just am curious how we are going to up our defense. We need someone who is a game changer. I think this could come in the draft in the form of a trade up in the first round. I think we’ll take Zadarius Smith in FA as a solid player — although not a game wrecker.

We just really freakin need to put some pressure on Luck somehow, some way. Come on JROB, get to it.

• Like 1

I understand if some of you all didn't want Brown... didn't think he'd be a good fit what appears to be a very cohesive locker room.  I get it... I respect it.

But trying to say Brown isn't good... comparing him to Moss... saying there weren't enough targets in this offense (when I showed there were more than enough to go around for and ABtype, CD, and Delanie.  Now its about the contract.

But the truth is... that's just the cost of doing business.  AB has been truly elite the past 6 seasons... one of the best 3 or so WRs every single one of those seasons.  Expecting to suddenly slow down in the next couple of season is not realistic.  I see at least 2 more elite seasons left in him... possibly more... and a couple of more years of very good production.

Anyway you slice the contract... shows it's not an overpayment for an elite WR.

• AAV
    • His 16.7M/year isn't the highest... OBJ's is still the highest at 18M/year
    • 16.7 is also very similar to guys like 
      • Evans - 16.5
      • Hopkins - 16.2
      • Cooks - 16.2
      • Watkins - 16.0
    • Diggs' AAV is 14.5... Landry's is 15.1... Allen Robinson is at 14.0
    • Julio is due up pretty soon... wait till you see his figures
    • We complain about not giving Mariota weapons... but we're not willing to pay for that
  • Total Dollars
    • There are 11 receivers who's current contract total dollar exceeds Brown's.
  • Guaranteed Money
    • 8 WRs have more guaranteed money than Brown's 30M
      • OBJ got 65M
      • Evans 55M
      • Cooks 50M
      • Hopkins 50M
      • Landry and Jones 47M
      • Diggs 40M
      • AJ Green's old contract even guaranteed 32M
    • Other's with similar guarantees include
      • Adams and Watkins 30M each 
      • Hilton, Sanders, Jefferey, CD84, Allen Robinson, and Baldwin all got 25M+

So lets stop acting like this AB contract is something cap shattering...

• Like 5