Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I think the Titans need 2 WRs to be honest so I wouldn’t mind kicking the tires on him and another decent veteran 

I'm all for the Chicago method to the offense. They signed 3 offensive skill players that come to mind (Burton, Robinson, and Gabriel). Then drafted Anthony Miller from Memphis. Totally revamped their offense. 

They may not be the best wr core in the league but they collectively are dangerous. Can go anywhere with the ball almost. 

That is how id do it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm all for the Chicago method to the offense. They signed 3 offensive skill players that come to mind (Burton, Robinson, and Gabriel). Then drafted Anthony Miller from Memphis. Totally revamped their offense. 

They may not be the best wr core in the league but they collectively are dangerous. Can go anywhere with the ball almost. 

That is how id do it. 

Ya same here because only our WR core just isn’t strong. Taylor literally dropped every single big play ball this year except for the 2 balls he caught vs the Jets. Taylor just isn’t good enough to be a number 2. I like Sharpes route running abilities to beat a zone but he’s always hurt and just isn’t fast enough to do much else. Batson and Jennings are the same players with the same purposes so unfortunately one has to go and it has to be Batson because Jennings was a great returner this year.

Davis 2 veterans Taylor Sharpe Jennings sounds so much better to me than what we had this year 

Edited by Titans fan 617

Ravens defense is so damn good. The pass-rush and run D is so damn elite. They don’t have any elite pass-rushers. Just some very good rushers. Smith, Judon, Suggs, etc. They play very sound defense and are very fast and swarm to the ball. Such quick-twitch athletes. Need to improve this front 7.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

43 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ravens defense is so damn good. The pass-rush and run D is so damn elite. They don’t have any elite pass-rushers. Just some very good rushers. Smith, Judon, Suggs, etc. They play very sound defense and are very fast and swarm to the ball. Such quick-twitch athletes. Need to improve this front 7.

Ya I’m going to keep beating that drum all offseason about the front 7. Our first 2 picks need to go on defense for the front 7

Edited by Titans fan 617
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya I’m going to keep beating that drum all offseason about the front 7. Out first 2 picks need to go on defense for the front 7

Could not agree more.

Ideally I would like to sign Dee Ford or Za’darius Smith then draft DE, DT with our first two picks. 

I want to address the pass rush too, but I'm gonna be angry if we don't invest in the OL early.

Also, I don't think we will want ZaDarius Smith. I think Pees' connection with him decreases our chances of getting him. He ia a sub package interior rusher (albeit a good one) that is going to get paid like a starter for having his best season in a contract year. He looks heavier than he's listed.

I don't think he's going to offer much as an edge rusher. I think his value is inside on predictable passing downs and I don't think a 280 lb player can be counted on inside against the run early. 

I think if we're going to invest decent money in someone they have to be an every down player.

Edited by TitanSS

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

My wish is the offensive line would be taken care of with Veterans. I don’t know if the Titans are bring back Kline or Spain or none at all but would rather sign a few veterans and draft someone in the middle rounds 

Kline was overpaid last off-season and won't be cut without losing money.

Spain is better than him, but isn't a scheme fit and I think another team overpays him.

Mitch Morse is the only OL I really like in FA. Idk if KC will bring him back or not. Outside of OLB, FA really sucks this year.

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Kline was overpaid last off-season and won't be cut without losing money.

Spain is better than him, but isn't a scheme fit and I think another team overpays him.

Mitch Morse is the only OL I really like in FA. Idk if KC will bring him back or not. Outside of OLB, FA really sucks this year.

Spain fits the system Kline the one who doesn’t Spain played in the same system in college which is 1 why he had his best season as a titan. Kline & Jones can’t get to the 2nd level nor move well in space 

Idc what we’re paying Kline. He needs to be upgraded from. I would prefer to do it through the draft because it would be cheaper and it would suck to pay for another starting level guard, but either way it needs to be done.

On another note, the Broncos aren’t letting Kubiak interview so we can mark him off our list if we lose LaFleur.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Spain fits the system Kline the one who doesn’t Spain played in the same system in college which is 1 why he had his best season as a titan. Kline & Jones can’t get to the 2nd level nor move well in space 

And Spain can't really reach block. Both Jones and Kline move better in space than the 335 lb Spain. They're just not very good, particularly Kline.

I don't know if I'd call it Spain's best season either. I thought he really came on in 2017 and struggled in 2018.

Spain has done well for an undrafted free agent. He has played some quality games and is an NFL starter. 

He isn't a great Titan Wall. I honestly didn't see drastic change from when Jones or Levin took his place. Not to the naked eye at least. 

Would be fine with him back but it would have to be cheap. And I'd have to be sure there isn't an upgrade out there. 

They are looking to replace him. Said as much when they brought two guys in to compete for his spot. 

I really want 2-3 play makers on D   Our two rookie LB flashed well at times all year  and hopefully continue but we need a better play from the DL and secondary and more versatility in our LB play or change to 4-3. 

I guess I am the only on happy with our base three of Davis Taylor and Sharpe I saw a lot of good though yes if sharpe has a injury bug then that is a worry a vet FA here who is a solid possession type might fit well 

Was thinking Fowles as back up but the play off win priced him out and he will be a starter some where next season

Edited by quiller

6 hours ago, quiller said:

I really want 2-3 play makers on D   Our two rookie LB flashed well at times all year  and hopefully continue but we need a better play from the DL and secondary and more versatility in our LB play or change to 4-3. 

I guess I am the only on happy with our base three of Davis Taylor and Sharpe I saw a lot of good though yes if sharpe has a injury bug then that is a worry a vet FA here who is a solid possession type might fit well 

Was thinking Fowles as back up but the play off win priced him out and he will be a starter some where next season

This may be an under the radar type of move, but I really would love to sign Restricted Free Agent NT Michael Pierce away from the Ravens. He has been an absolute beast for them run plugging and he can push the pocket really well. Austin Johnson is not good enough and would be better suited for depth. Pierce is far superior to Daquan as well. I think the Ravens will tender Pierce at the 2nd or 3rd round level and I would love to sign him to an offer sheet. 

Anyone else high on Michael Pierce???