monday

3rivers

They could fire pretty much everyone for all I care.  Tomlin wont be fired, but he shouldn't be extended.  

Danny Smith is done, for sure.

Porter needs to go.  Never liked that hire to begin with.

Butler has actually had this defense playing fairly well despite lack of talent and inconsistency at certain spots...but they should still be looking for alternatives.

Fichtner will get another year.

They won't blow it up this year ... but it might not be far off.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Fichtner will get another year.

as long as ben is here, he will decide who is the OC. He has his OC now, and that won't change, maybe even if there is a new HC but I agree that they won't fire or "retire" tomlin. 

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

as long as ben is here, he will decide who is the OC. He has his OC now, and that won't change, maybe even if there is a new HC but I agree that they won't fire or "retire" tomlin. 

Its his first year and we were shorthanded at RB about half the year.

I wasnt a fan of his playcalling, but that seems to be a never ending theme....not just for us, but around the league.  

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its his first year and we were shorthanded at RB about half the year.

I wasnt a fan of his playcalling, but that seems to be a never ending theme....not just for us, but around the league.  

his play calling was great for a while when he ran Connor in the RZ. The eventually it looked as though arians was here and goodbye to the run in the RZ. Even toady,  they went pass happy early and on early downs, not just 3rd down.  Just another reason to lose interest is all the talent is on the offence yet they fail on a regular basis. OC can take some blame but there is enough to go around. I would like to see  a season of him calling plays as he did for a while when running Connor in the RZ. Until then, I expect the usual passing steelers 

only problem I had with the new OC was too much passing at times. Ben led the NFL in pass attempts by  games worth more than the next guy..that can't happen again next yr

outside of that I liked what I saw from Randy's style and I think he will be willing to adjust for the better next yr(better run/pass ratio and better ways to help brown get open)

would like to see this offense have another back for depth(they can do better than ridley for the 3rd back), a young TE(since randy loves tight ends..would like to upgrade from jesse and Vance might not be here for long)and a vet WR for depth ..I think these moves can be done for cheap(don't need to use high draft picks to find this kind of depth)

Butler, Danny Smith, Porter, and Jerry (the other LB coach) all NEED to be fired.

Butler just seems out of touch with gameplanning. 

I would make a damn strong arguement Kevin Colbert also needs to be fired. They wont fire him because whomever they replaced him with would likely want to fire everyone.

Archived