2019 GB TEAM Needs

squire12

On 1/19/2019 at 9:49 AM, incognito_man said:

If you don't play/work up to your paycheck you lose credibility. In every industry. The NFL is no different. It's actually almost certainly amplified.

RE: Daniels

Tyler Lancaster is sitting at his locker talking to Montravius Adams about Mike Daniels; how he taught them leverage and hand-usage and how to set up moves over the course of the game. He also taught them what it takes to be a pro and how to best handle the grind of an NFL season

Then suddenly... M.Adams says: "Hey ! I just looked at Spotrac and Daniels is a  $ 10 million cap hit, but he's only playing like a $ 7 million dollar player !!!

Lancaster says, "Wow !  you're right, let's not listen to that guy anymore ! "

Rather absurd isn't it ?
I believe Daniels leadership among the young defenders is tied to his attitude, not his capitude

24 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

RE: Daniels

Tyler Lancaster is sitting at his locker talking to Montravius Adams about Mike Daniels; how he taught them leverage and hand-usage and how to set up moves over the course of the game. He also taught them what it takes to be a pro and how to best handle the grind of an NFL season

Then suddenly... M.Adams says: "Hey ! I just looked at Spotrac and Daniels is a  $ 10 million cap hit, but he's only playing like a $ 7 million dollar player !!!

Lancaster says, "Wow !  you're right, let's not listen to that guy anymore ! "

Rather absurd isn't it ?
I believe Daniels leadership among the young defenders is tied to his attitude, not his capitude

Sure the guys that played with him when he was good have an inertia to overcome before they might flip. But now 60+% of the team will have never played with a good Daniels. Yet they'll know what he makes, and if he's actually not good anymore his words are more apt to fall in increasingly deaf ears.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:31 PM, incognito_man said:

Unless they thought Jones could make a leap. Either way, it was a gross error.

Jones was consistently running behind Brice.  That's why I was ready to give up on Jones in just his 2nd year... guy couldn't beat out Brice.

Palmy came in and stumped for Brice and Tramon as good scheme fits and good players, and then Brice got hurt.

On reflection, the secondary was tolerable with Kevin King in the lineup, and horrible without.  Alexander played well vs the Rams, but even he was doing some rookie stuff out there.  All of these players were very much in line with HHCD's grades or worse.

Bad secondary, bad secondary coaches, probably both.

16 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Jones was consistently running behind Brice.  That's why I was ready to give up on Jones in just his 2nd year... guy couldn't beat out Brice.

Palmy came in and stumped for Brice and Tramon as good scheme fits and good players, and then Brice got hurt.

I can't help but think Jones best spot is as a coverage ILB.

As for needs, the Packers need a OG, back-up OT, Edge, Safeties.

Archived