2019 GB TEAM Needs

squire12

Just now, squire12 said:

I agree.   That is why I would put 2 DL as a need currently.

I'm all about Risner with the Saints pick. As a short term Guard, long term RT.

Best front line defensive player with our first round pick. Don't care if it's EDGE or DT.

Gardner-Johnson with our second round pick. 

Hit a free agent vet at Guard (and WR if Rodgers is gonna whine)

Maybe Earl Thomas, but I feel like the Safety market is gonna be way down again so there should be options there. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Best front line defensive player with our first round pick. Don't care if it's EDGE or DT.

Maybe Earl Thomas, but I feel like the Safety market is gonna be way down again so there should be options there. 

I know he was out of line with what he said in Washington (albeit in the context of NFL player screw ups this was tame), but I would have liked to see us snag DJ Swearinger when he was available. Just for the sake of having some veteran safety presence on the roster for next year. 

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

Offense

OG

Swing OT

TE x2

WR

Defense

DL x2

OLB x2

ILB 

Safety x2

CB

@AlexGreen#20   Where do you see the needs on the GB roster?

I look at it as: (before accounting for injuries)

Offense you need about 15-16 players in your main rotation.  5-6 OL, 1 QB, 2 TE, 2-3 RB, 4 WR

Defense you need about 16-17 players in your main rotation.  DL 4-5, LB 5-6, CB 4, safety 3

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When you're not calling people names your posts are SPOT ON!  I agree 100%.

Would love to see a stud DT next to Clark.  You can see what dominant middle rushers can do for a defense (Rams, Bears).

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

With as much as we play 3 of them, Having only one plus starter (depending how you feel about Daniels at the moment) is troubling. 

Anyone can speculate, or have a personal opinion on a certain player. All I will say is I'll never write Daniels off until I know for DAMN sure he's done. He struggled with injuries this year but there's no way I'm counting him out as a plus player for us. With that said, we return two of the best DL in the league, and a couple solid options at our #3, sorry, but that's not a PRIORITY need. Kentrel Brice & Tramon Williams starting at S, Kyler Fackrell & Reggie Gilbert starting at OLB, the eyesore plugs at RG. Fixing those are priority needs...

Like I said in a previous post in here, I am never against adding DL to the roster in the draft. I do absolutely love this years DL draft and you would not hear me complain one bit if we went BPA and used a top pick(s) on a DL player. Oliver, Gary, Simmons, QWilliams, Tillery, Lawrence, Davis, Wilkins etc. There's a LOT of players to like here. 

10 hours ago, Scoremore said:

We are going to lose some guys and sign some guys.  So it's really hard to project what are most critical needs will be heading into the draft.  Experience is nice especially at WR and S.  

As of now

S, OG, Edge, DT, TE, OT, and WR  in that order.  

Wouldn't a real good EDGE guy camouflage a lot of our secondary issues?

8 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I'm tired as hell so bare with me here. 

Tier 1:

EDGE - we're hurting here

S - see above

OL - RG and OT depth

Tier 2:

CB - we have King, Alexander and Jackson (Breeland?). King is fragile and I am starting to think that trend will continue. Would love to see Tony Brown keep developing but not holding my breath. 

TE - Graham was a major disappointment, along with the rest of our players here. I'm not over-panicking but we need some fresh talent. 

Surprised to see DL listed, assuming we resign Wilkerson back on a decent deal, which I think we will. I think this is our strongest position on the team. KC, Daniels, Wilk, Lowry, Lancaster, Adams. Pretty damn good group. (Yeah, injuries screwed us this year down the stretch).

I agree with you when it comes to DL.   EDGE doesn't necessarily mean DL

23 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Anyone can speculate, or have a personal opinion on a certain player. All I will say is I'll never write Daniels off until I know for DAMN sure he's done. He struggled with injuries this year but there's no way I'm counting him out as a plus player for us. With that said, we return two of the best DL in the league, and a couple solid options at our #3, sorry, but that's not a PRIORITY need. Kentrel Brice & Tramon Williams starting at S, Kyler Fackrell & Reggie Gilbert starting at OLB, the eyesore plugs at RG. Fixing those are priority needs...

Like I said in a previous post in here, I am never against adding DL to the roster in the draft. I do absolutely love this years DL draft and you would not hear me complain one bit if we went BPA and used a top pick(s) on a DL player. Oliver, Gary, Simmons, QWilliams, Tillery, Lawrence, Davis, Wilkins etc. There's a LOT of players to like here. 

This is a fair point.  I agree that EDGE is the clear #1. I guess to me while our quality at S is lower than DL, the value of DL is enough that I can put them on the same plane. Also I hate the idea of waiting until the wheels fall off for Daniels. 

Fortunately we have 2 firsts this year so we can go after EDGE then just let value decide S/DL/OL

50 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

I know he was out of line with what he said in Washington (albeit in the context of NFL player screw ups this was tame), but I would have liked to see us snag DJ Swearinger when he was available. Just for the sake of having some veteran safety presence on the roster for next year. 

We tried

Cardinals were higher on the waiver wire

45 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

When you're not calling people names your posts are SPOT ON!  I agree 100%.

Would love to see a stud DT next to Clark.  You can see what dominant middle rushers can do for a defense (Rams, Bears).

I'm always spot on, especially when I'm calling people names. 

43 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Agreed, just very scared with what this defense looks like with an above average starter, an average starter, and a below average starter on the DL.

Archived