2019 GB TEAM Needs

squire12

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think 2 safeties is very plausible unless their market suddenly goes up. Last year the market sucked and guys like Tre Boston were sitting out there waiting to be plucked for cents on the dollar. Instead we rolled with Kentrell Brice.

You could probably get two decent starting safeties for $10-$12 mil total. One good EDGE will cost that much or more.

I totally forgot about rolling with Brice at Safety in the Gutekunst thread. 

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Saw one story, dont know how credible, saying Williams could fall to end of 1st or later. Said teams are grading him as a 2nd round talent. Either way, no way I touch him at 12. 

Every year we have these "articles" claiming that guys projected as top 10 picks are actually Day 2 picks, and it turns out be hot air as usual.  He's a Day 1 pick.

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Every year we have these "articles" claiming that guys projected as top 10 picks are actually Day 2 picks, and it turns out be hot air as usual.  He's a Day 1 pick.

Yea but when on day 1? Big difference between a top 10 talent and a first round pick.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd argue this is the biggest argument for Pettine. Of all the schemes currently run in the NFL, his probably gets you the farthest with bad Edge talent.

Packer fans seem to think that the pass-rush isn't good until it looks consistently like Khalil Mack's first half of Week 1.

We actually had a higher rate of pressure than KC with their vaunted Houston/Ford duo.

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Sure, but I'm saying I don't think Daniels leadership moves the needle enough.

I think it does. Now, if we are talking Clay, I will agree with you 100%.

But, when I was playing, Mike D is the type that lead simply because of his passion. I was afraid to disappoint someone like him.

they may make millions, but these guys are no different than us mentally.

i want Daniels on my team, or someone like him.

Wether you like it or not, people follow.

Daniels is a leader. Good or bad.

36 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

Packer fans seem to think that the pass-rush isn't good until it looks consistently like Khalil Mack's first half of Week 1.

We actually had a higher rate of pressure than KC with their vaunted Houston/Ford duo.

We do have a very talented dl, but our lb core is undeniably weak. 

3 minutes ago, 66PinG said:

I think it does. Now, if we are talking Clay, I will agree with you 100%.

But, when I was playing, Mike D is the type that lead simply because of his passion. I was afraid to disappoint someone like him.

they may make millions, but these guys are no different than us mentally.

i want Daniels on my team, or someone like him.

Wether you like it or not, people follow.

Daniels is a leader. Good or bad.

well if people follow whether i like it or not, I would like it if they followed leaders who were good rather than bad.

so i maintain I prefer leaders who are also earning their paycheck (i.e. "good")

As well, I prefer leaders earning their pay checks.

we differ because I actually believe that Daniels does earn his. 

I can point to other players that didn't even come close, the list starts with Mathews, Perry and (god, I am going to be vilified here), Rodgers.

Not a single one of them earned their pay checks last season.

I also think that of the four, it is Daniels that "starts" a fire, at least on defense.

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I totally forgot about rolling with Brice at Safety in the Gutekunst thread. 

At the time did you think that? I know I didn't.  I thought Brice and Jones were both ascending players who would take a few lumps but be average by season's end.  I also thought that HHCD was good enough to mask some of their shortcomings, so it shows what I know.  

Archived