2017 Preseason GDT Week 3 Cleveland @ Tampa Bay!

Mastercheddaar

These Joe Haden hot takes are starting to get beyond ridiculous and aren't really based on his play in the preseason but more confirmation bias than anything.......

What exactly has Joe Haden done in these preseason games where everyone is again all "I'm worried...he's trash,"?

He has been great in run support. Had a few great PBUs.

He's only had two bad plays this preseason.

Bad play #1.): where he tried to one step-Jam the biggest receiver and best off the line WR in the nfl in Brandon Marshall where he(Joe) lost his balance, couldn't flip his hips, and had to play catch up. He got beat. It happens. It happens to Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, Brent Grimes, etc. Solomon Wilcots did the whole "Joe Haden is struggling again..." And every fan jumps off the roof with their Joe Haden hot takes.

Bad play #2.): In the Bucs game, he had slow/bad eyes in zone on the boundary. Got caught peeking in the backfield and didn't properly feel the WR sneak in further back behind him.

That's literally it. I've watched each game twice so I can watch different aspects of the team. No one mentions him thumping 4 or 5 guys in run support like a Safety or LB or his PBU. It takes time to go full speed on two surgically repaired groins and I can tell his change of direction isn't 100percent yet but he's balled out some....

Corners get beat...and get beat badly...

We do not have a sample size on Joe for all this "he's trash..I'll drive him to the airport...trade him," talk. Given the limited sample size, the actual tape says that he's made a lot of plays and had 2 bad plays.

You have to get last year out of your mind. You were seeing an athlete that depends on change of direction and speed play with TWO TORN Groins. He was going to be utter trash and honestly played like that at times but also battled and played well also.

The Concussion/Brain Injury year had nothing to do with his on-field play. You or I would have been in the same position if neurologist wouldn't clear us through a basic battery of tests.

For those on the cut Joe Haden train, what plays are you all seeing? Can you actually refer to them? What was likely his responsibility based on the called defense (zone, man)? What was the reason for his mistake (bad eye discipline, poor zone awareness, slow eyes, panic, off balance movement, etc...)?

I've watched every snap this preseason...I've looked to see how Joe's running gate was, how he gets in and out of brakes, and most importantly how easy it is for him to open up and flip his hips (the groins are major levers for flipping the hips like that). I'm open to critique Joe when he's playing bad and often point out specifics. He does struggle at times, and if he's trash then he's trash...but I think most of these opinions are confirmation bias where if you don't like Joe Haden because he's injured or because he got beat in the Jacksonville game or a lot last year with TWO TORN GROINS then anytime he struggles this year it's confirmatory evidence of your "Joe Haden's" trash opinion

We do not have a sample size on Joe for all this "he's trash..I'll drive him to the airport...trade him," talk. Given the limited sample size, the actual tape says that he's made a lot of plays and had 2 bad plays.

I'll just never understand the Joe Haden hate in this town or he's trash hot takes....besides a few glaring bad plays early in his career, a recent trash season (last year with two torn groins), a serious brain injury, repeated injury, Joe Haden has been a consistent great player for us. Injuries happen. Yes he has struggled at times.

Where is all this defensive talent Joe Haden was playing with all these years. Where are the pass rushers, dlineman, talented safeties and corners...that all these other top corners play with...When he was at his best he was healthy and our defensive players (TJ Ward) were better..

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

These Joe Haden hot takes are starting to get beyond ridiculous and aren't really based on his play in the preseason but more confirmation bias than anything.......

What exactly has Joe Haden done in these preseason games where everyone is again all "I'm worried...he's trash,"?

He has been great in run support. Had a few great PBUs.

He's only had two bad plays this preseason.

Bad play #1.): where he tried to one step-Jam the biggest receiver and best off the line WR in the nfl in Brandon Marshall where he(Joe) lost his balance, couldn't flip his hips, and had to play catch up. He got beat. It happens. It happens to Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, Brent Grimes, etc. Solomon Wilcots did the whole "Joe Haden is struggling again..." And every fan jumps off the roof with their Joe Haden hot takes.

Bad play #2.): In the Bucs game, he had slow/bad eyes in zone on the boundary. Got caught peeking in the backfield and didn't properly feel the WR sneak in further back behind him.

That's literally it. I've watched each game twice so I can watch different aspects of the team. No one mentions him thumping 4 or 5 guys in run support like a Safety or LB or his PBU. It takes time to go full speed on two surgically repaired groins and I can tell his change of direction isn't 100percent yet but he's balled out some....

Corners get beat...and get beat badly...

You have to get last year out of your mind. You were seeing an athlete that depends on change of direction and speed play with TWO TORN Groins. He was going to be utter trash and honestly played like that at times but also battled and played well also.

The Concussion/Brain Injury year had nothing to do with his on-field play. You or I would have been in the same position if neurologist wouldn't clear us through a basic battery of tests.

For those on the cut Joe Haden train, what plays are you all seeing? Can you actually refer to them? What was likely his responsibility based on the called defense (zone, man)? What was the reason for his mistake (bad eye discipline, poor zone awareness, slow eyes, panic, off balance movement, etc...)?

I've watched every snap this preseason...I've looked to see how Joe's running gate was, how he gets in and out of brakes, and most importantly how easy it is for him to open up and flip his hips (the groins are major levers for flipping the hips like that). I'm open to critique Joe when he's playing bad and often point out specifics. He does struggle at times, and if he's trash then he's trash...but I think most of these opinions are confirmation bias where if you don't like Joe Haden because he's injured or because he got beat in the Jacksonville game or a lot last year with TWO TORN GROINS then anytime he struggles this year it's confirmatory evidence of your "Joe Haden's" trash opinion

I'll just never understand the Joe Haden hate in this town or he's trash hot takes....besides a few glaring bad plays early in his career, a recent trash season (last year with two torn groins), a serious brain injury, repeated injury, Joe Haden has been a consistent great player for us. Injuries happen. Yes he has struggled at times.

Where is all this defensive talent Joe Haden was playing with all these years. Where are the pass rushers, dlineman, talented safeties and corners...that all these other top corners play with...When he was at his best he was healthy and our defensive players (TJ Ward) were better..

stop being the voice of reason!  you know that is not allowed here!

Archived