tomlin lovers

muncher

10 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Another year the steelers disappoint because that is the steeler identity and people just don't wanna accept it.

yup, its one thing for some fans to say it but when the pregame guys are talking about the attitude and performance of this team even the lovers should take note.

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

Another year the steelers disappoint because that is the steeler identity and people just don't wanna accept it.

First off....who exactly hasnt accepted it?    Just because we dont all blame and bash Tomlin doesnt mean we havent accepted that we have disappointed.

Secondly, aside from the Patriots, who has had notably more success than the Steelers during the Tomlin era?

Its funny how coaches like Sean Peyton, Jon Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid (and nearly every coach not named Bill Belichick) get more respect than Tomlin despite all having their own glaring flaws that hold their teams back.

I wont lose a wink of sleep if we move on from Tomlin, and I doubt most of the supposed "Tomlin LOVERS" on here would either.     Some of us are just objective, look at all the facts, and dont just blindly bash him over and over.    Doesnt mean we dont "accept" it, nor does it make us Tomlin "lovers".

Muncher youre not right. Tomlin has failed because the people under him have failed and he has made his fair share of mistakes. But people above him have also failed because this defense lacks talent, significantly so.

If this wasn't the Steelers, if it was another team, would we have such great expectations with how poor the defense actually is? Do i expect better? Yes. Should I have? Probably not.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Muncher youre not right. Tomlin has failed because the people under him have failed and he has made his fair share of mistakes. But people above him have also failed because this defense lacks talent, significantly so.

If this wasn't the Steelers, if it was another team, would we have such great expectations with how poor the defense actually is? Do i expect better? Yes. Should I have? Probably not.

I read the first line and thought Tomlin lover. 17-12 record against under .500 teams is lack of preparation. Everything about his schtick disgusts me. The message has gotten "stale" with the players

To answer your question, Danny Smith and Keith Butler. Then it will have to fall on Tomlin. Bc who else is there? Colbert has done OK. Jarvis hurt bc that was a top 15 pick and that needs to be All Pro

Tomlin should go this year bc quite frankly he has taken the most talented team in the league nowhere year in and year out. See but there's a thing called the Rooney Rule, which makes it harder for the Steelers to fire a minority Head Coach. 

And I'm still color blind and IDGAF about color

22 minutes ago, Money said:

I read the first line and thought Tomlin lover. 17-12 record against under .500 teams is lack of preparation. Everything about his schtick disgusts me. The message has gotten "stale" with the players

To answer your question, Danny Smith and Keith Butler. Then it will have to fall on Tomlin. Bc who else is there? Colbert has done OK. Jarvis hurt bc that was a top 15 pick and that needs to be All Pro

Tomlin should go this year bc quite frankly he has taken the most talented team in the league nowhere year in and year out. See but there's a thing called the Rooney Rule, which makes it harder for the Steelers to fire minority coaches. 

And I'm still color blind and IDGAF about color

The Rooney rule has nothing to do with it.

Additionally Colbert HAS NOT done ok.

4 players on defense that were drafted by him show promise: heyward, tuitt, hargrave, watt. Ill even give you a 5th, dupree. 

You have a good offense when it comes to the draft our defense is terrible. You can actually even point to the offense when it comes to the draft and pinpoint areas where Colbert has failed recently.

The only defensive free agent that has been signed that is worth a damn on our defense is Joe Haden. I will take that even a step further in question who he has signed on offense as a free agent other than perhaps Vance McDonald who has actually helped us in the last 2 seasons.

Kevin colbert's successes are becoming less frequent than his failures. Terrell Edmunds could be his latest failure obviously after one season is too early to tell but it really does look like that is going to be the case how many first round draft busts does the guy have to make before you start to question his ability as a general manager? Some of the people on this board want to refer to us as Tomlin lovers will maybe we should start referring to you guys as Kevin Cobert lovers.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

The Rooney rule has nothing to do with it.

Additionally Colbert HAS NOT done ok.

4 players on defense that were drafted by him show promise: heyward, tuitt, hargrave, watt. Ill even give you a 5th, dupree. 

You have a good offense when it comes to the draft our defense is terrible. You can actually even point to the offense when it comes to the draft and pinpoint areas where Colbert has failed recently.

The only defensive free agent that has been signed that is worth a damn on our defense is Joe Haden. I will take that even a step further in question who he has signed on offense as a free agent other than perhaps Vance McDonald who has actually helped us in the last 2 seasons.

Kevin colbert's successes are becoming less frequent than his failures. Terrell Edmunds could be his latest failure obviously after one season is too early to tell but it really does look like that is going to be the case how many first round draft busts does the guy have to make before you start to question his ability as a general manager? Some of the people on this board want to refer to us as Tomlin lovers will maybe we should start referring to you guys as Kevin Cobert lovers.

I agree with everything you said. I thought I’d add shazier to the list also.

Other things I’ll add to aid in defense to your statement:

Tomlin isn’t perfect. But it seems like a lot of player would love to play for him. So he does have respect from players. If, you needed your national football brand name proof, find skip bayless saying it.

Who do we give the most praise about with our o-line? Seems like we can pick up a geek off the streets and they’ll perform well for us. The Unit consists of two 1s, a 2, and two Undrafted. None of which are perfect, but they play excellent together.

Seeing the defense has had how many early picks(meaning 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round). How many were reach on draft day? How many have actually developed into at least into starting caliber? Which unit is our best? D-line of course. Graves may be playing out of position, but at least I can see development in his game. Why can’t we see any of that in any other unit on D outside of Watt and Haden? 

The ultimate bottom line for these tomlin haters. Majority of the nfl is a system player. Meaning they have to be developed by position coaches and coordinators. It’s harder when you draft duds.

when your two leading tacklers happen to be safety’s and their names are no where near polamalu or Dawkins type of players, something is very wrong.

Archived