Mike Mayock nearing deal to be Raiders next GM.

TecmoSuperJoe

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

On the Mayock surrounds himself with voices he trusts front...

Mike, this isn't the kind of move that's going to inspire confidence from folks.

Mike's never actually run a draft or consummated a trade or scouted a college on a Saturday afternoon in October
Mayock needed somebody with actual experience AND no chance of becoming a GM again soon. Enter Ryan Grigson. 

15 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Mike's never actually run a draft or consummated a trade or scouted a college on a Saturday afternoon in October
Mayock needed somebody with actual experience AND no chance of becoming a GM again soon. Enter Ryan Grigson. 

He's never placed trade-values on veteran players already in the league in a formal setting either... and I'm not sure Grigson is the first, fifth, 90th, or 1800th person with actual experience doing that I'd want to be going to for how-to's in that department?

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

It's clear the emphasis is on talent evaluation. Its Mayock's strength and Gruden fancies himself a keen eye of talent.

I know nothing about the depth or strength of the OAK front office. How many nuts & bolts people they have to keep the trains running on time while Mayock / Gruden weed thru the players - but based on this hire, they clearly felt a need for an "Office Manager" type.

Be interesting to read up on Mayocks opinions expressed following the Mack trade - about the trade specifically and the general changes going on / direction of the organization.  

On 2019-01-05 at 12:55 AM, Shanedorf said:

Maybe Mayock is more of the drafting, and grigson will be the capologist. 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They'll make the board together and gruden will split "tiebreakers" between players? That's what the interview implied. I can live with that.

Sure it sounds fine in theory, I'd be amazed if it doesn't cause serious friction in reality. Clear operating lines and defined job descriptions become real important fast.

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Sure it sounds fine in theory, I'd be amazed if it doesn't cause serious friction in reality. Clear operating lines and defined job descriptions become real important fast.

I mean if Mayock isn't being listened to and Gruden is just overriding him, I could see him getting tired of that real quick. 

If they play well together it might work out, but I'm with you that it's a bad idea. 

15 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Gruden, Mayock, and Grigson.....what a cluster **** lol. May as well hire McShay and Kiper will they’re at it lol

The browns and seahawks hired grigson in similar roles. No one said anything. Now the raiders do it an its instantly a bad move. I'm pretty jaded to most opinions these days.

Archived