Final Draft Order Mock w/ Explanations. 1 Round

taylor made

1. Arizona Cardinals - Nick Bosa, DE Ohio St. - Bosa is the best player in the draft and this seems like a safe pick to turn this defense to what it used to be.

2. San Francisco 49ers - Greedy Williams, CB LSU - I think the Niners are gonna go defense here but who? I think an elite corner-back will help the team the most.

3. NY Jets - Jonah Williams, LT Alabama - It seems like the Jets have gone defense in the draft forever and that really hasn't work out. Getting a stud to protect Sam Darnold's time in NY has to be a priority.

4. Oakland - Rashad Gary, DE Michigan - This was a tough pick but also one of the most fun. I think it wouldn't be a surprise for Oakland to take someone out of left field here. They drafted the uber athletic guy type prospect last year and Gary is another. Reuniting him with Maurice Hurst would help both of these players' progressions.

5. Tampa Bay Bucaneers - Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson - The Bucaneers have built up their D-line but I think they are missing that final piece where someone can provide pressure all the time.

6. New York Giants - Dwayne Haskins, Jr. QB Ohio St. - It is pretty obvious Eli has declined. This would be a great landing spot for Hasksins where he wouldn't have to play right away.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quennin Williams, DT Alabama - Two great prospects fell to the Jaguars here and I think they need to get their swagger back on defense.

8. Detroit Lions - Ed Oliver, DT Houston - The Lions need some D-Line help and I'd think they could find a spot for Oliver somewhere

9. Buffalo Bills - Raekwon Davis, DT Alabama - While DT isn't their biggest need, they have a bunch of average guys playing here. I think Davis would fit into a rotation here and eventually star.

10. Denver Broncos - Devin White, ILB LSU - I think Devin White is the BPA and he would just be another piece in making that defense elite.

11. Cincinatti Bengals - Devin Bush, Jr. LB Michigan - I think the linebacking corps was a real weak spot for the Bengals and Bush has the flexibility to play a either MLB or WLB

12. Green Bay Packers - Jachai Polite - EDGE Florida - They need an edge player of the future and Polite could add instant 3rd down pass rushing presence.

13. Miami Dolphins - Dexter Lawrence, DT Clemson - The team's defense has struggled mightily and Lawrence adds the option of changing to a 3-4 defense.

14. Atlanta Falcons - Christian Wilkins, DT Clemson - Wilkins fit the characteristics that the Falcons are looking for in their defensive lineman.

15. Washington Redskins - Drew Lock, QB Missouri - Alex Smith might not start next season so they will have to do something.

16. Carolina Panthers - Greg Little LT Ole Miss - Cam needs protection at this point in his career and it'd help that offense fire better.

17. Cleveland Browns - AJ Brown WR Ole Miss - The Browns missed out on a lot of the top end DL talent but I think adding a YAC WR would help Baker's progression.

18. Minnesota Vikings - Jerry Tillery, DT Notre Dame - I think the Viking's defense took a a step back this season and Tillery could help rejuvenate it.

19. Tennessee Titans - Josh Allen, EDGE Kentucky - The Titans could use more pass rush in the worst way and Josh Allen fits the blue collar type players the Titans like.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Michael Jackson, Sr. CB Miami - The Steelers are known reaching on players who have elite athletic profiles.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Zach Allen, DL Boston College - I Don't think you can ignore the Eagle's history of drafting OL/DL strictly in round one. Allen can play all over that D-Line

22. Indianapolis Colts - Taylor Rapp, SS Washington - Geather is inconsistent and oft-injured. The Safety tandem of Malik Hooker and Taylor Rapp would be a fun one to watch.

23. Seattle Seahawks - Deointe Thompson, FS Alabama - The team will have to make up for the loss of Earl Thomas and adding Thompson into this secondary would be scary!

24. Baltimore Ravens - N'Keal Harry, WR Arizona St. - I think it is imperative that Lamar Jackson can be a pocket passer.

25. Oakland Raiders - Jaylon Ferguson, DE Louisiana Tech - The Raiders got two draft picks for Mack and they are going to have to use both of them to replicate his pass-rush.

26. Houston Texans - DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia - I think the Texans will be lucky if Baker falls this far. Their corner-backs are getting older and aren't that great to begin with.

27. Oakland Raiders - Damien Harris, RB Alabama  - I don't think Gruden's offense can be successful unless they can pound the rock. Damien Harris would add an element to an offense with no identity.

28. LA Chargers - Jeffery Simmons, DL MIss. St. - They could use another big body on their D-Line to take pressure off Ingram and Bosa

29. New England - Alize Mack TE Notre Dame - I think it is time they found a replacement for Gronk

30. LA Rams - Chancey Gardner-Johnson CB Florida - It is pretty obvious that the LA Rams are built for a lot of shootouts. They could use some depth and frankly better play in their secondary.

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Parris Campbell WR Ohio St. - Andy Reid could make Campbell out to be a dangerous gadget type player. Add his speed to that offense. Shew.

32. Green Bay Packers - Jaquan Johnson, S Miami - They are overhauling their secondary with younger players. Time to add some youth to the safety position.

SECOND ROUND MIGHT BE COMING :)

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

26. Houston Texans - DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia - I think the Texans will be lucky if Baker falls this far. Their corner-backs are getting older and aren't that great to begin with.

As long as OL is the pick with the two 2nd rounders, this is great. Baker starts day 1 and makes an immediate impact for this defense.

If there's no OL available for the Vikings to take in round one, I would be very pleased with Tillery. While I don't think the defense took that much of a step back, injuries and the Everson Griffen situation really hurt them defensively, I can see Richardson leaving for elsewhere and getting Tillery would give us a stud to slot into his spot.

14 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Not sure Bills would take Davis.

In the scenario I'd either expect pass protection help... Greg Little. Or receiving help Brown, Harry, or Metcalf. Or a replacement for Lorenzo Alexander. Maybe Josh Allen or Devin White

I agree. We have taken defense for so long Online and WRs are pathetic (although kids did play well the last few weeks)

Archived