Jaguars void guarantees on RB Leonard Fournette's rookie deal

ET80

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Right? Whenever I get paid, I also convert my paycheck to $20 bills and post pics on social media with fat stacks. Well for me it's nickels instead of twenties but same deal.

tbh whenever I hear about a friend getting a mortgage for like $400k+ I always make the joke that they should cash it out for pictures before buying the house.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

tbh whenever I hear about a friend getting a mortgage for like $400k+ I always make the joke that they should cash it out for pictures before buying the house.

^^Check out the guy who thinks there's actually cash in banks ^_^ ;)

Not surprised the Jaguars are looking to move on from the guy. It's disappointing because he looked unstoppable at first. Forgive my ignorance, but is Fournette naturally injury-prone, or does he just not get enough reps in the modern practice schedules to create muscle memory? And can we really be sure of the difference anymore? It seems like a lot of guys don't come in physically ready to play at least 17 real games a year.

Sidenote: is a guarantee really a guarantee if it can be voided? It seems like there are no real guarantees in football. Even head coaches can sign apparently "guaranteed" contracts to keep their jobs--but when the team doesn't want them anymore, suddenly the terms of this contract no longer apply and they can be canned at any time (like Brad Childress ... not that I had a problem with that one).

39 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Not surprised the Jaguars are looking to move on from the guy. It's disappointing because he looked unstoppable at first. Forgive my ignorance, but is Fournette naturally injury-prone, or does he just not get enough reps in the modern practice schedules to create muscle memory? And can we really be sure of the difference anymore? It seems like a lot of guys don't come in physically ready to play at least 17 real games a year.

Sidenote: is a guarantee really a guarantee if it can be voided? It seems like there are no real guarantees in football. Even head coaches can sign apparently "guaranteed" contracts to keep their jobs--but when the team doesn't want them anymore, suddenly the terms of this contract no longer apply and they can be canned at any time (like Brad Childress ... not that I had a problem with that one).

There has to be some qualification on “guaranteed.”  It’s just like regular employment contracts having the ability to terminate “for cause.” If you have a fully guaranteed contract, you can’t just not show up to practice or leave the team on your own volition and expect to get all the money still. Certainly worth discussing where the line is, but it’s not crazy that there are some stipulations to a “guarantee.”

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Jaguars have a passing game? I think you too would have an injury history and bad attitude being told to take multiple hits per game because opposing DCs gameplans are to stop only you. 

All that sounds good but he just hasn't lived up to the billing of a top 5 pick. Ezekiel Elliott goes through the same thing and he is holding up pretty fine. Excuses IMO 

9 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Dude's an injury prone power back. Not a good combo. Talented but not sure he'll ever make anything from it due to the injury issues.

I’m not sure he cares. He seems to have taken his ability for granted and doesn’t put in the work to improve and stay healthy. 

To think that the Jags could have Mahomes or Watson right now puts a tear in my eye

This organization had 1 year of success, and now they're falling to ruin.

Traded Fowler, Fournette out and gets this nonsense, and look at Jalen Ramsey. Oh and let's not forget god knows what they're going to do at QB. 

Easy come, easy go, little high, little low.

Archived