Who should the Jets pick at #3?

bspice

I know Joey Bosa will probably be gone in the top 2 so I say either a top OL or the top WR. If not trade down and get more picks. It’s going to be interesting because the top 3 teams selecting don’t need a qb ( Cardinals, 49ers, Jets) so we can potentiality get a lot for our pick 

If other teams use the same mindset that our fans use shouldn’t the 49ers and Cardinals both go offense????? Leaving NICK Bosa for us at 3?

Cardinals go with Josh Allen who out tests Bosa. Shows the potential of a dynamic EDGE at the next level. Allen will be the #1 pick. 

49ers go with Jonah Williams as they already have 3 1st round picks invested in their DL and need to protect their 100M QB.

Jets pick Bosa who doesn’t participate as much as we’d hope in the pre-draft process due to recovering from injuries. He falls to #3 the 4th top 6 pick to fall into Macc’s lap and we pounce.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If other teams use the same mindset that our fans use shouldn’t the 49ers and Cardinals both go offense????? Leaving NICK Bosa for us at 3?

Cardinals go with Josh Allen who out tests Bosa. Shows the potential of a dynamic EDGE at the next level. Allen will be the #1 pick. 

49ers go with Jonah Williams as they already have 3 1st round picks invested in their DL and need to protect their 100M QB.

Jets pick Bosa who doesn’t participate as much as we’d hope in the pre-draft process due to recovering from injuries. He falls to #3 the 4th top 6 pick to fall into Macc’s lap and we pounce.

I actually look at it from a different perspective. I think AZ could go tackle. I don’t think Jonah though. I think it depends on if Jawaan Taylor keeps rising up boards. I don’t think Bosa makes it past AZ and San Fran personally though. Granted, it’s so early so it’s hard to tel

AZ- Nick Bosa

SF- Quinenn Williams 

Jets- Josh Allen

Allen really seems like the logical choice at this point given how lackluster the offensive talent seems to be. Would give us the force of the edge we have lacked since Abraham

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

AZ- Nick Bosa

SF- Quinenn Williams 

Jets- Josh Allen

Allen really seems like the logical choice at this point given how lackluster the offensive talent seems to be. Would give us the force of the edge we have lacked since Abraham

If we can find a good edge in FA, I’d love to trade down 

19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

When was the last time there was not a impact offensive player in the top twelve in the first round of a NFL draft, I am going to guess NEVER, this could only happen to the Jets.

Read my mind.

There are no OL worth that high of a pick. If not Allen at 3 what do you guys think of A.J. Brown? 

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we can find a good edge in FA, I’d love to trade down 

I wouldn’t we need 2 guys give me Smith and Allen and fill out the offense with Vets from FA and Developmental guys with our 2 3rds and 4th

14 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I wouldn’t we need 2 guys give me Smith and Allen and fill out the offense with Vets from FA and Developmental guys with our 2 3rds and 4th

That is one of our problems, these so called developmental guy have all strike out that Macc, picked. We need top offensive players right now for the further development of Darnold. Both on the O line & at the skilled position. The loss of Shell has created more problems that have to be addressed.

3 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Read my mind.

There are no OL worth that high of a pick. If not Allen at 3 what do you guys think of A.J. Brown? 

I like Metcalf better but if we could trade down first and grab an extra pick or two then I'd feel a lot better about it. Hard not to love N. Bosa and Josh Allen (plus Josh Allen vs Josh Allen twice a year lol) but I honestly think they'll be the first two off the board barring a trade.

Other options are Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor, and Quinnen WIlliams, but none of those are a sexy pick. I'm sure the braintrust will strongly considering an OT to protect their investment  in Sam, so I could maybe get on board with that, but another DT and I may puke.

Alot of this will rely on what our defensive scheme ends up being I would think.

I'm honestly hoping we switch to 4-3 and wont need to look to defense in the draft.

Switch to 4-3 and add a guy to play opposite of Williams, Resign Sheldon Richardson for the DT spot and then go OL in the first at #3 or trade down a couple spots and take the best OL and maybe add more picks.

Being at 3 I'll list my top 3

Bosa (OLB)
Allen (OLB)
J. Taylor (LT)

One has to fall and if Taylor tests as well as I think he will then he will vault to the top of the OT board.  Dude is a freak athlete and his play actually backs it up on the field unlike Little.

Give me on of those three and I'm happy.

Archived