Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

showtime

On 1/4/2019 at 8:10 PM, showtime said:

The Seahawks come into this game leading the league in turnover differential.  They have the least amount of turnovers in the league, so hopefully they can keep that up.

Man you've got it easy in here

Really hard fought game by both teams.  That Tavon Austin punt return in the 4th quarter was killer.  Also, those double pass interference calls on that drive by the Cowboys - just can't make mistakes like that during that point in the game.

Team fought hard all season long.  Unfortunately, didn't go the Seahawks way this time around.

The game was at times more frustrating than it should have been, primarily because our running game was nonexistent and the playcalling made little to no effort to give Russell more responsibility and to try and pass the ball more. I know that Pete loves to run the ball, but I still can't help but think that it's sometimes just wasteful possession in situations like yesterday's game, when we never got it going.

So, with all our shortcomings, and there were plenty of them last night (and the injury), we were still close and could have won the game against a Cowboys team that threw everything they had at us.

Would really liked to have seen us play in the Divisional round without unrealistic expectations and too much stress, but I think it's fair to say that we didn't really deserve to win yesterday with the way we decided to play throughout the four quarters.

Nevertheless, go Hawks!

12 hours ago, TheChancellor said:

The game was at times more frustrating than it should have been, primarily because our running game was nonexistent and the playcalling made little to no effort to give Russell more responsibility and to try and pass the ball more. I know that Pete loves to run the ball, but I still can't help but think that it's sometimes just wasteful possession in situations like yesterday's game, when we never got it going.

So, with all our shortcomings, and there were plenty of them last night (and the injury), we were still close and could have won the game against a Cowboys team that threw everything they had at us.

Would really liked to have seen us play in the Divisional round without unrealistic expectations and too much stress, but I think it's fair to say that we didn't really deserve to win yesterday with the way we decided to play throughout the four quarters.

Nevertheless, go Hawks!

I agree.  During that game it felt like the Seahawks were so committed to running the football that they were just pounding their head against the wall over and over again until the they finally realized - Hey, we have a great QB who we can use to control the game! 

With all that said, I'm really proud of this team.  Came a long way this year and only going to be better next season.

Archived