GDT [Wild Card Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks

canadaluvsdallas

usa_today_10498983.0.jpg

Took care of the business versus the Giants as we prepare for the Seattle Seahawks. Offense found it's groove and now we are onto getting our defense fully tweaked up to perform better in this team's first playoff game of the year.

Things to think about right now

• Get XSF, T. Smith & Z. Martin Healthy.
  • SL or JG finally revealed B.Jarwin. Who else have they been hiding in the regular season?
  • It's do or die from now on, and I'm excited to see the defense with that motivation. I love watching our defense play. No joke.
  • We have L.P. and Canadian Magic Mojo. We woke up feeling dangerous fellas.
  • Keep doing us proud young Prescott.

p.s. Updates from the team

Who else have they been hiding? I think the answer is obvious.

nbc_snf_beasleycatch_170910.jpg

Seahawks are gonna scheme against zeke and put the #1 on Coop. Gotta hit Gallup Jarwin and Beaz Nuts early to take the pressure off, get that good Seahawks D to back off a bit.

Well, I posted this in another thread but I figure it is worth restating here.

I said that I was more concerned about Dallas losing this game to Seattle because of our defense being exposed. The NYG just hung 35 points on us and it was the offense, minus Zeke, and Dak's performance that led us to a victory.

Seattle is a MUCH more dangerous team than the Giants. 

We need to do a better job of getting to the QB, or in this case, containing the QB as Wilson is way more athletic than Manning.

If we can play keep away and score TD's instead of FG's then we can reduce Seattle's offensive opportunities and possibly come away with a W.

It is going to be really difficult to try to neutralize players like Bobby Wagner who can really take over a game.

Our secondary is going to have to play a lights out game and watch Wilson extending plays. Covering a guy for more than 5 seconds is almost impossible. 

Not to mention the Seahawks have a solid rushing attack.

Should be interesting. 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Never fear I feel an offensive explosion coming for Dallas. With Dak's new weapon (Jarwin) and beeze nuts' revival, we got this by double digits...

The Seahawks' back 7, even without Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor, is much better than New York's though. I'm not sure Beasley's first big game since Week 6 and Jarwin's first ever are more indicative than getting shut out by the Colts and putting up 230 yards of offense on Tampa Bay.

I know people love the momentum narrative, but celebrating like we'd won the Super Bowl yesterday was kind of embarrassing. Should be an interesting game.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

The Seahawks' back 7, even without Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor, is much better than New York's though. I'm not sure Beasley's first big game since Week 6 and Jarwin's first ever are more indicative than getting shut out by the Colts and putting up 230 yards of offense on Tampa Bay.

I know people love the momentum narrative, but celebrating like we'd won the Super Bowl yesterday was kind of embarrassing. Should be an interesting game.

Eeehhhh…..I wouldn't necessarily call it or describe it as embarrassing. We're still a young team. Clearly it wasn't a "meaningless" game to them apparently. It was against a division rival. Double digit wins is important physiology speaking.

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I'm not sure who is celebrating like we won a Superbowl but it was quite refreshing to see how offense actually carry a team for a change. So if someone's exuberance felt out of place I'm sure it wasn't

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I'm not sure who is celebrating like we won a Superbowl but it was quite refreshing to see how offense actually carry a team for a change. So if someone's exuberance felt out of place I'm sure it wasn't

I meant the team themselves, not the fanbase.

Going all out in games with no playoff implications under Garrett, to me is no different than him using all of his timeouts as the opponent kneels out the clock, which he does all the time- it’s illusory and looks so silly when you don’t do anything in January.

I understand why they did it. They think they lost their momentum by taking Week 17 off two years ago, then choking after the bye. I just think the rest vs. rust thing is mostly nebulous, and I would ALWAYS lean towards resting guys when possible.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

It's all fun and games until you think you warm southerners can invade the North. Have you learned nothing from Game of Thrones?

I won't go any further north than Dallas. That's the north pole for me. Full of yanks

Archived