GDT [Wild Card Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks

canadaluvsdallas

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Then Lets Go......and Let him go and show him the door.

Thats not how this works. I am rooting for everyone that wears a star. Everyone the encourages the star. Hell, anyone that wants the star to win, you are on my team. 

That includes SL. I dont hate him right now, I am his biggest fan. 

Nicky boy sums up my final prediction well enough:

Nick Eatman: Sometimes, you just have to throw logic out the window. Because logic really doesn’t lead to a pick for the Cowboys. I’ve seen Dallas play Seattle this year and it really wasn’t a close game. Sure, things are different now for both teams, but what we saw in September, the Seahawks were a better team. And honestly, I still think the Seahawks are a little better team right now. When it comes to quarterback play, Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl and nearly another. Dak Prescott has never won a playoff game. Pete Carroll is a much more accomplished head coach than Jason Garrett, especially in the postseason. Add all of those things together and it doesn’t really warrant a pick for the Cowboys. Then again, being logical all year has led me to an 8-8 record in picking these games. Forget logic – let’s go with another stat, which is the Cowboys are 7-1 at home this year. I’ll ride with that and see if we can keep this season alive. It’ll be close, but I think the Cowboys’ defense finds a way to make a play. Give me Dallas, 17-16.

Suns up! Guns up!!

Where were you when:

Seahawks at Cowboys: The rematch of the game that brought us that infamous Tony Romo gaffe. Really, that 2006 Wild Card contest was a nail-biter worth remembering for more than merely the end sequence. Such great names involved, too: Parcells, Holmgren, Hasselbeck, Ware, Alexander, T.O. and the vastly underrated Terry Glenn (rest in peace). This year's game should be as tight as the one that night in Seattle 12 years ago.

I was at work most of the game. Listening to the radio. Ran to a bar 3 businesses down the main street at the very end of the game. Just in time to catch the Romo fumble on the projector. I was only 20 years old, but still got served.

1 hour ago, TheBeast23 said:

Sitting here in my Dallas gear already. All I hope for is Dak doesn’t make me drink 10 beers before half time. 21-17 Dallas. Let’s Go!

I drank about a million last night to keep me good and sedate during today's game. Its a ritual that my future wife hates.

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Nicky boy sums up my final prediction well enough:

Nick Eatman: Sometimes, you just have to throw logic out the window. Because logic really doesn’t lead to a pick for the Cowboys. I’ve seen Dallas play Seattle this year and it really wasn’t a close game. Sure, things are different now for both teams, but what we saw in September, the Seahawks were a better team. And honestly, I still think the Seahawks are a little better team right now. When it comes to quarterback play, Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl and nearly another. Dak Prescott has never won a playoff game. Pete Carroll is a much more accomplished head coach than Jason Garrett, especially in the postseason. Add all of those things together and it doesn’t really warrant a pick for the Cowboys. Then again, being logical all year has led me to an 8-8 record in picking these games. Forget logic – let’s go with another stat, which is the Cowboys are 7-1 at home this year. I’ll ride with that and see if we can keep this season alive. It’ll be close, but I think the Cowboys’ defense finds a way to make a play. Give me Dallas, 17-16.

The only thing about the above I really agree with is Wilson and Carrol. Seattle played inspired football at home sure they looked better we didn’t play a good game at all in both sides a lot of mistakes hardly any energy on both sides the ball compared to other games we played especially in the last 8.  

He also doesn’t mention that they have the offensive player of the month their RB so I don’t really give his statement much credence 

so I think overall were better but we have to show that and part of that is bringing the D that played NO and bringing the offensive balance we showed at times the last half.    Limit YAC  by Wilson and their RB elimate the mistakes on offense (holding pre snap penalties) and we should be fine.   

Ok. So, my final prediction:

24-27 Seahawks

It is 21-17 Cowboys with about 3 minutes left in the 4th. Russell leads brilliant TD scoring drive, 21-24. 

Then, with about 48 seconds left with 1 timeout Dak gets the ball down 3. Somehow, he manages amazingness to get the ball to the 25ish. Maher for the 35 yrd FG to take into OT... and it misses. 

Meanwhile he hit a 52 yarder earlier in the game...

Basically, losing on a should-be FG. 

The only thing more fitting would be if Romo was calling the game. Lol

Archived