Jump to content
canadaluvsdallas

GDT [Wild Card Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

It's all fun and games until you think you warm southerners can invade the North. Have you learned nothing from Game of Thrones?

Listen he Russia, your elderly come and flock on my shores during the winters. Don't screw this up or we will closes our beaches for you and your kind permanently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Listen he Russia, your elderly come and flock on my shores during the winters. Don't screw this up or we will closes our beaches for you and your kind permanently. 

Jokes on you! Florida takes in everybody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like our chances if we get Cooper involved early and establish a balanced attack.

Wilson scares me.  Master of play action.  Throws a great deep ball.  He has an uncanny ability to sense pressure.

Tough game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get early pressure and contain Wilson not let him extend plays    

Can we limit YAC esoecially in rheirbrub game to turn 3-4 2-3 into 3-8 or 2-8.  Making it harder in then to sustain drives our playmakers on D need to MAKE plays 

Can we sustain drives our selves block well enough so Elliot is getting 2-3 yards not the minus carries putting us in good position on second third down 

we need a balanced attack to keep Seattle D off balance and hesitant   with our  receiving core can our coaches continue to use Coop Beasley Gallup Jarvin Shultz in positive ways even Austin   

Dak has notoriously missed  some big plays.  YOU can not afford to misss them now Dak also has been great last half of the season with ball security do not let game 17 success throwing the ball down field make you careless.    We also had fumbles that hurt last two games ball security is key 

Maher   Stay in the moment and kick with confidence what ever focus you channel on the long kicks transfer thatbto the shorter ones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @showtime, come join us in this thread. You seem lonely in yours - and I think we have made a grave error trusting a Canadian with ours.

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 2:31 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dallas Home Record: 7-1

Seattle Road Record: 3-4

Seattle’s Only Road Wins: (3-13) Arizona Cardinals, (6-10) Detroit Lions, and (7-9) Carolina Panthers. 

They also lost the the (4-12) 49ers on the road.

Seattle is actually 4-4 on the road.  When the Seahawks beat the Panthers in Carolina, they were 5-0 at home and were 6-5 in total ahead of the Eagles and I think the Seahawks in the wild card race.  That was a huge road win.

You're talking about a team with a Superbowl winning QB and head coach.  You think a wild card game @ Cowboys is tough?  I'm not saying Seattle wins this game, but this isn't going to be a hostile situation at all for the Seahawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition, assuming Byron Jones spends a decent amount of time on Doug Baldwin, how good is the Cowboys #2 or #3 CB that will be covering Tyler Lockett?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offensively, Seattle will stress the defense in large part because Wilson is just a dynamic player. We have played a better offense and dominated them in the Saints, but Wilson is such an X-factor. It makes it a challenge.
 

...especially when our offense can be so hot and cold. I don't fear your defense, @showtime, I fear our offensive playcaller. :(

And your special teams is better. 

I expect this game will come down to which defense screws up first. But this was exactly the match-up I wanted for Dallas. I see no value in beating a downtrodden Vikings or an Eagles team we have swept only to have to face the Saints in the Dome or the High-Powered Rams. Beat a team with a dynamic player like Wilson and see where the confidence can take you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Offensively, Seattle will stress the defense in large part because Wilson is just a dynamic player. We have played a better offense and dominated them in the Saints, but Wilson is such an X-factor. It makes it a challenge.
 

...especially when our offense can be so hot and cold. I don't fear your defense, @showtime, I fear our offensive playcaller. :(

And your special teams is better. 

I expect this game will come down to which defense screws up first. But this was exactly the match-up I wanted for Dallas. I see no value in beating a downtrodden Vikings or an Eagles team we have swept only to have to face the Saints in the Dome or the High-Powered Rams. Beat a team with a dynamic player like Wilson and see where the confidence can take you. 

The Cowboys defense have shown flashes of dominance like when they beat the Saints, but they've also gotten ran over like when they lost to the Colts.  Both of those games were not that long ago, so it's really odd to me that those performances have happened.

Seattle has the #1 rushing attack in the NFL in terms of rush yards per game, so we'll see what Cowboys defense shows up.  I expect Dallas to play really well defensively in this game.  Demarcus Lawrence is a huge concern.  Earlier in the season, Von Miller and Khalil Mack had really good games vs the Seahawks and Aaron Donald always kills them.  Elite pass rushers are hard for Seattle to deal with, so that's worth keeping an eye on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, showtime said:

In addition, assuming Byron Jones spends a decent amount of time on Doug Baldwin, how good is the Cowboys #2 or #3 CB that will be covering Tyler Lockett?

 

They are all good. Assuming Baldwin lines up on the Right, he will actually go up against Chido.

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Cowboys defense have shown flashes of dominance like when they beat the Saints, but they've also gotten ran over like when they lost to the Colts.  Both of those games were not that long ago, so it's really odd to me that those performances have happened.

Seattle has the #1 rushing attack in the NFL in terms of rush yards per game, so we'll see what Cowboys defense shows up.  I expect Dallas to play really well defensively in this game.  Demarcus Lawrence is a huge concern.  Earlier in the season, Von Miller and Khalil Mack had really good games vs the Seahawks and Aaron Donald always kills them.  Elite pass rushers are hard for Seattle to deal with, so that's worth keeping an eye on.

We didnt get run over by the Colts. We lost momentum when we got down to the endzone multiple times and walked away with no points. They scored 23 points and a chunk of that was gifted by the refs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, showtime said:

Seattle is actually 4-4 on the road.  When the Seahawks beat the Panthers in Carolina, they were 5-0 at home and were 6-5 in total ahead of the Eagles and I think the Seahawks in the wild card race.  That was a huge road win.

You're talking about a team with a Superbowl winning QB and head coach.  You think a wild card game @ Cowboys is tough?  I'm not saying Seattle wins this game, but this isn't going to be a hostile situation at all for the Seahawks.

I presented facts without comment. Didn’t use the word ‘tough’ or ‘hostile’ once.

And sure, you can count a neutral field win against 4-12 Oakland in London as a road win. Congrats on that one.

EDIT: Seahawks gave the Panthers their 3rd loss in what became a 7 game losing streak. So if that’s the road victory to hang your hat on, beating the Cowboys in Dallas is a relatively tall order. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

They are all good. Assuming Baldwin lines up on the Right, he will actually go up against Chido.

We didnt get run over by the Colts. We lost momentum when we got down to the endzone multiple times and walked away with no points. They scored 23 points and a chunk of that was gifted by the refs. 

So then, what would you call giving up 178 rushing yards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not such much that Dallas is a tough place for Seattle as Dallas is a better place for us. Our OL routinely plays much better st home and our record shows it   We have a lot of young guys with little experience so being at home is a huge help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

So then, what would you call giving up 178 rushing yards?

We held them to mediocre total yards and mediocre points. So I was call it a mediocre day for our defense. 

Do you have a different opinion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×