GDT [Wild Card Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks

canadaluvsdallas

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We held them to mediocre total yards and mediocre points. So I was call it a mediocre day for our defense. 

Do you have a different opinion? 

Giving up almost 2 times the normal rushing yards is getting “run” over

2 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Giving up almost 2 times the normal rushing yards is getting “run” over

I read that as getting 'getting crushed' not simply just rushing yards. That said, the average team has roughly 120 yards per a game. So it was most like ~45% increase, not double. Or if you want to measure it by YPC, it was like a 20% increase. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I read that as getting 'getting crushed' not simply just rushing yards. That said, the average team has roughly 120 yards per a game. So it was most like ~45% increase, not double. Or if you want to measure it by YPC, it was like a 20% increase. 

Why are you comparing an avg team? Moving the goal posts?

the cowboys give up an average on 94 yards on the ground , it’s almost double (colts ran for 178, double is 188)

don’t change the argument 

9 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

the cowboys give up an average on 94 yards on the ground , it’s almost double (colts ran for 178, double is 188)

... I called our result mediocre. Then you said double normal. I just assumed we were talking about league average. 

It was a poor game by our standard. But it was a little less than average by an NFL standard. Looking at the yards and YPC by "normal NFL" standards, it wasnt really that bad - - not what I would tie any hyperbole too. 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I presented facts without comment. Didn’t use the word ‘tough’ or ‘hostile’ once.

And sure, you can count a neutral field win against 4-12 Oakland in London as a road win. Congrats on that one.

EDIT: Seahawks gave the Panthers their 3rd loss in what became a 7 game losing streak. So if that’s the road victory to hang your hat on, beating the Cowboys in Dallas is a relatively tall order. 

I'm not hanging my hat on anything.  I was just stating a fact about the Panthers game.  That was essentially a playoff game at their place and they were 5-0 at home.  It was a really close game, but the Seahawks pulled it out.  I made the point about playing in Dallas because you're talking about a team who's leaders have been to and won a Super Bowl.  Playing on the road in ANY venue doesn't matter for a team like this because they've played in much bigger games.  On the flip side, your guys have extremely little post season experience and they have a home game, which they are favored in.  Seattle isn't expected to win the game. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

It was a poor game by our standard. But it was a little less than average by an NFL standard. Looking at the yards and YPC by "normal NFL" standards, it wasnt really that bad - - not what I would tie any hyperbole too. 

It's just one game, so I'm not putting my stock into it.  The Cowboys aren't that bad of a defense, it was just a bad day.  But why hold them to the NFL standard?  When I brought the game up, I did so because I was holding them to the same standard from when they dominated the Saints a few weeks earlier.  If you're going to talk about garbage yards and the refs then why even bother?  The Cowboys got beat 23-0.  It was just a really bad game.

The main point was, I was shocked by how they could dominate the Saints and then lay a dud vs the Colts.  Seems inconsistent.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

The Cowboys got beat 23-0.  It was just a really bad game.

The main point was I was shocked by how they could dominate the Saints and then lay a dud vs the Colts.  Seems inconsistent.

Did you watch the game? 

We shot ourselves in the foot. But the game was much more closer than the score was. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you watch the game? 

We shot ourselves in the foot. But the game was much more closer than the score was. 

I don't care about mistakes that were made, poor play or the refs.  I just made a point that those were two massively different defensive performances.  That's all.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't care about mistakes that were made, poor play or the refs.  I just made a point that those were two massively different defensive performances.  That's all.

Results based thinking is a ridiculous way to judge sports. Thats what make people think Eli Manning was a good QB in the 07 superbowl. Even though the Pats literally dropped 2 INTs that hit them in the hands and needed a fluke 1 in a million catch to win. 

We dropped a TD. We got penalties that stopped another TD. Defensively we mostly held them in check. They had a couple big runs and a lot of extra opportunities due to horrific officiating. Our defense played okay that game.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Results based thinking is a ridiculous way to judge sports. Thats what make people think Eli Manning was a good QB in the 07 superbowl. Even though the Pats literally dropped 2 INTs that hit them in the hands and needed a fluke 1 in a million catch to win. 

We dropped a TD. We got penalties that stopped another TD. Defensively we mostly held them in check. They had a couple big runs and a lot of extra opportunities due to horrific officiating. Our defense played okay that game.

It can get crazy at times how games get viewed.  There were a ton of little things in that game that made the score perception worse. Stuff we hadn’t seen all year. Terrible tackling none of the flow to the ball  we saw all year from this team The missed FG the dropped TD as you mentioned   Really really bad officiating that played a huge factor  though the phantom call non calls we’ve seen on a regular basis

some more odd things about the game -   We never had a three and out and every one of our possessions entered Indy territory.  

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Fellas I can't wait I'm so ******* excited for this game. Gonna make my 11-year old brother watch it with me to baptize him as a cowboy fan forever

11 year old? 

More likely to be a Seahawks fan. They are all 13 years old after all. 

Really tough game, but I think the defense will be up to the challenge of containing Wilson.  I don't think Seattle is the same team on the road as they are at home. Zeke should be fresh and Dak is coming off (arguably) his best performances in his career. I think us having Cooper is the X Factor. Other than 1-2 games, he's been incredible since the trade.

Dallas: 27

Seattle: 17

8 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Also just FYI.  For the game colts got 75 yards more than their average on the ground and 86 LESS in passing so for the game were held 11 total yards under their game average so no they as a team actually got less then their game average  and scored 4 points less then they averaged a game so our D while played very badly still keep the score down  considering Indy got a ton of help from the refs This game was bout we failed To score when we had chances leaving at least 13-16 points on the board between missed FG dropped TD and coaches not taking the points when available by going for it on 4th down   The dropped TD missed FG causing a snow ball effect 

12 hours ago, showtime said:

The Cowboys defense have shown flashes of dominance like when they beat the Saints, but they've also gotten ran over like when they lost to the Colts.

Psychological exhaustion. Roster on defense is filled with very young players who ran out of steam against the Eagles and the Saints.

Archived