GDT [Wild Card Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks

canadaluvsdallas

Colts got shut out by the Jags, and we hung 40 on them. 

The fact is, the Cowboys came out flat and did not have any passion. If that happens in the playoffs they - or any other team - deserve to lose. But, I doubt that would happen in the Playoffs. If anything, the Defense may get too hype, show out in the first half and get tired towards the end... allowing for Russ magic. 

I think the thing no one is really talking about is Dak's legs. He NEEDS to be an actual running threat. He needs to be an aggressive runner. He sometimes runs conservatively. Even in the GB playoff game (he was amazing overall), he could have grabbed a few more yards here, a few more there, had he really manned up at the end of some runs.

No more playing for 'next time'. IMO, he needs to pull the ball down and run, instead of lackadaisically doing 180s and getting sacked. With that said, I don't think we depend on it. He needs to come in and establish himself as a real, aggressive, rushing threat. This will freeze the edges, not only helping to slow the pass rush, but also helping Zeke and the read-option/RPO game.

Then, transition back to our more traditional style. I really think this would take the Seahawks by surprise and keep them honest throughout the game because the threat was established early on. 

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm not hanging my hat on anything.  I was just stating a fact about the Panthers game.  That was essentially a playoff game at their place and they were 5-0 at home.  It was a really close game, but the Seahawks pulled it out.  I made the point about playing in Dallas because you're talking about a team who's leaders have been to and won a Super Bowl.  Playing on the road in ANY venue doesn't matter for a team like this because they've played in much bigger games.  On the flip side, your guys have extremely little post season experience and they have a home game, which they are favored in.  Seattle isn't expected to win the game. 

Road games are a disadvantage across the league. The data proves it. I’ve made no claims as to the reason for that disadvantage, as many experts have varying opinions on it. You are the one associating it with being a “bigger game” or “hostile environments”. 

Seattle is on the road, and their performance on the road this season has been, at best, has been uninspiring.

Don’t infer anything more. I’m just stating relevant facts that I’m sure other Cowboys fans will find interesting.

In a play off game a team like Seattle is gonna be okay on the road you really can’t take regular season results to count unless there is something about the stadium that is important weather etc. however we are really helped by playing at home that is my take so yeah advantage us it huge so...

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

A joke re: the 13th Man 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

?

Have you guys not seen the "all Seahawks fans are young" meme? Its been around since their first superbowl. Its even turned into "Seahawks fans might be able to drink by now". Its a popular joke on other football sites.

the-only-seattle-fan-before-2012-the-kid

60e0fb1fd9cf31a98e24795dd041ff76--teache

b80626233eff4ba3524f080aadf1a721.jpg

incase-you-were-wondering-where-all-thos

hate.seahawks.memes.8.jpg

059b943564971a477de02df9ba976364--fun-fo

missing-persons-name-seattle-seahawks-fa

41 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Random fact I heard, if Dallas beats the Seahawks and moves on to play the Saints they will have faced every other NFC team in the playoffs at least once at some point.  They will be the only NFC team to have done that.  

I dont understand this. We never played the Bears or Rams. Maybe you meant if Seattle beats Dallas? 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont understand this. We never played the Bears or Rams. Maybe you meant if Seattle beats Dallas? 

I think it's supposed to mean, in our total history in the playoffs, we've played against every single NFC team except the Saints.  It's just another one of those stupid stats that I can't believe anyone would waste their time digging up.

4 hours ago, J Shank said:

Colts got shut out by the Jags, and we hung 40 on them. 

The fact is, the Cowboys came out flat and did not have any passion. If that happens in the playoffs they - or any other team - deserve to lose. But, I doubt that would happen in the Playoffs. If anything, the Defense may get too hype, show out in the first half and get tired towards the end... allowing for Russ magic. 

I think the thing no one is really talking about is Dak's legs. He NEEDS to be an actual running threat. He needs to be an aggressive runner. He sometimes runs conservatively. Even in the GB playoff game (he was amazing overall), he could have grabbed a few more yards here, a few more there, had he really manned up at the end of some runs.

No more playing for 'next time'. IMO, he needs to pull the ball down and run, instead of lackadaisically doing 180s and getting sacked. With that said, I don't think we depend on it. He needs to come in and establish himself as a real, aggressive, rushing threat. This will freeze the edges, not only helping to slow the pass rush, but also helping Zeke and the read-option/RPO game.

Then, transition back to our more traditional style. I really think this would take the Seahawks by surprise and keep them honest throughout the game because the threat was established early on. 

I agree with this. The Colts game was a reality check for them because they were extremely cocky and thought they were untouchable. People seem to forget about the fact the Colts also laid a goose egg to the Jags because they dominating outside of that. I get it. As for this weekend? No idea. Both teams are very evenly ,matched. Anything can and will happen. We all know this game. I am going with the Cowboys though many of the "experts" are saying it will be the Seahawks. 

I do think this last game gave Dak a much needed confident boost. He won't do the same against this team but the fact he did what he did without Zeke (who he constantly hears he needs to be successful) and his main OL... it was pretty impressive. They barely won but they did it. On the other side the Seahawks barely beat the Cardinals as well. So both teams... who knows. I think a low scoring games winning by a whoever has the ball last to make the FG.

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That's actually pretty neat.  For a useless stat

NFC East
Eagles - 80, 92, 95, 09
Giants - 07
Redskins - 72, 82

NFC North
Bears - 77, 91
Lions - 70, 91, 14
Packers - 66, 67, 82, 93, 94, 95, 14, 16
Vikings - 71, 73, 75, 77, 96, 99, 09

NFC South