GDT [Wild Card Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks

canadaluvsdallas

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Won't the key be how often Wilson allows us to pressure him?

Pay attention 

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The key is going to be our pressure on Wilson, and how he handles that pressure vs. The number of times he scrambles for a first down.

On that note:

"That pressure figures to affect on Wilson on Saturday. The 'Hawks signal-caller averaged a league-worst 3.9 yards per attempt and saw a league-worst 77.8-point decrease in passer rating when pressured in 2018. So Seattle's offensive line will literally be under pressure to protect Wilson against Dallas."

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

On that note:

"That pressure figures to affect on Wilson on Saturday. The 'Hawks signal-caller averaged a league-worst 3.9 yards per attempt and saw a league-worst 77.8-point decrease in passer rating when pressured in 2018. So Seattle's offensive line will literally be under pressure to protect Wilson against Dallas."

Wouldnt it be "So Seattles Wilson will literally be under pressure to protect Wilson against Dallas"

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wouldnt it be "So Seattles Wilson will literally be under pressure to protect Wilson against Dallas"

If our pass rush is effective, or Wilson breaks contain and renders it useless....It will be because of the performance of Wilson. 

Just now, DaBoys said:

If our pass rush is effective, or Wilson breaks contain and renders it useless....It will be because of the performance of Wilson. 

You have awoken me. I think we are wasting money on our OL. 3 top paid players? Plus 2 more high rated prospects? We should cut/trade all of them. They dont really do much in the effectiveness of the pass rush. 

1977271_1.jpg

Heres what we have learned folks:

1. The production of the running game has virtually no correlation to winning (if you run for more yards, you dont win more). That was proven consistently for 20 years. 

2. The QB has almost total control over pressure. 

3. So since run blocking doesnt matter and pass blocking doesnt matter, we dont need an OL.

We should then do the following: quit wasting money on the OL/DL and instead focus on finding someone good under pressure. According to PFF, Kirk Cousins is top 5 QB under pressure. 

Lets send Smith, Martin, Fredrick, Collins, Williams, DLaw and Dak in a package deal for Kirk Cousins. 

That will get us a Superbowl. Guaranteed. 

Right @DaBoys?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. I am officially done fighting the good fight until tomorrow ends. I hope we all are Dallas/Dak/Garrett/SL homers tomorrow. We might only have 1 more game for the next 8 months. Lets enjoy the hell out of it!!

9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

To quote you, “the QB is near totally responsible for the pressure he faces”...

So wouldn’t Wilson have to allow us to pressure him before he can handle that pressure?

I hope Wilson allows us to pressure him. But he is so calm and clutch I doubt he let's us. 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I hope Wilson allows us to pressure him. But he is so calm and clutch I doubt he let's us. 

How is both calm and clutch while simultaneously:

The 'Hawks signal-caller averaged a league-worst 3.9 yards per attempt and saw a league-worst 77.8-point decrease in passer rating when pressured in 2018

I dont watch many Seahawks game. So I am legit curious. 

@Nextyearfordaboyz and @Matts4313 check it out: 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/introducing-rate-adjusted-pressure

The best offensive lines of the modern era according you guys:

DEN 2014 P.Manning

DEN 2013 P.Manning

IND 2010 P.Manning

NO 2017 D.Brees 

Lowest PRESSURE rate.

Worst offensive lines of the modern era according to you guys:

SEA 2014 R.Wilson 

SEA 2013 R.Wilson

PIT 2007 B.Roethlisberger

OAK 2009 J.Russell

Highest pressure rate.

Just crazy how the same QBs keep popping up.

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How is both calm and clutch while simultaneously:

I dont watch many Seahawks game. So I am legit curious. 

Sarcasm

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He’s been sacked 51 times...

And this is mostly his fault.

Matts and I have the totally reasonable position that both offensive line and quarterbacks matter when it comes to pressures and sacks.  So no, it does not surprise me to see that elite quarterbacks take fewer sacks.

You are the one claiming that *literally*  offensive line does not matter for these  statistics. It’s borderline insane. 

Archived