GDT [Wild Card Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks

canadaluvsdallas

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

@Nextyearfordaboyz and @Matts4313 check it out: 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/introducing-rate-adjusted-pressure

The best offensive lines of the modern era according you guys:

DEN 2014 P.Manning

DEN 2013 P.Manning

IND 2010 P.Manning

NO 2017 D.Brees 

Lowest PRESSURE rate.

Worst offensive lines of the modern era according to you guys:

SEA 2014 R.Wilson 

SEA 2013 R.Wilson

PIT 2007 B.Roethlisberger

OAK 2009 J.Russell

Highest pressure rate.

Just crazy how the same QBs keep popping up.

Peyton Manning himself said he needed a good OL. He made it well known that it was key #1.

Seahawks OL has been the worst in the NFL. 

If you cant see that bad OL hurt a QBs performance. And that good OLs help a QB there is nothing more to say. 

GOOD LUCK EXPLAINING THE 90s COWBOYS.

I am not fighting with you any more about this. 

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Matts and I have the totally reasonable position that both offensive line and quarterbacks matter when it comes to pressures and sacks.  So no, it does not surprise me to see that elite quarterbacks take fewer sacks.

You are the one claiming that *literally*  offensive line does not matter for these  statistics. It’s borderline insane. 

I'm not claiming that literally offensive line does not matter. Whatever that means. But I'm glad you aren't surprised that you're wrong.

Just pointing out the OBVIOUS. QBs repeat themselves on the pressure list more than OL do.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/introducing-rate-adjusted-pressure

Therefore they are more responsible. I'm sorry that hurts.

Just now, DaBoys said:

Yeah he had the 3 best OLs of all time on 2 different teams.  You woke me

I dont understand why you are so white or black about everything. You are a really, really stubborn person. Its asinine to take these stances that you do. 

Manning was GOAT QB potential. He was incredible at a lot of things. Including not getting sacked. He himself said he could only do it with his OL. SHARED RESPONSIBILITY. 

This is just like the Rod V Kris debate. Rod has done an incredible job. Kris also has done amazing. SHARED RESPONSIBILITY. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Manning was GOAT QB potential. He was incredible at a lot of things. Including not getting sacked. He himself said he could only do it with his OL. SHARED RESPONSIBILITY. 

I never said it was 100% all QB. That's just what you guys wanted to strawman. I do believe it is more QB than OL though.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

"the QB is near totally responsible for the pressure he faces"

"Near"

Near is the key word.

And near just happens to be a matter of opinion, my boy. Hardly something to argue about being that we all agree the QB is the determining factor when it comes to pressure rate. Some QBs are harder to block for. 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

"Near"

Near is the key word.

And near just happens to be a matter of opinion, my boy. Hardly something to argue about being that we all agree the QB is the determining factor when it comes to pressure rate. Some QBs are harder to block for. 

Lets all watch how far you can back track. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Lets all watch how far you can back track. 

Let's watch Dak back track instead of step up in the pocket.

{The OL (without Tyron and Martin) played like trash against the Giants, and Dak was very good that game despite a high number of sacks. Rumors are JG had the gameplan. I hope that's the Dak from now on.}

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Let's watch Dak back track instead of step up in the pocket.

{The OL (without Tyron and Martin) played like trash against the Giants, and Dak was very good that game despite a high number of sacks. Rumors are JG had the gameplan. I hope that's the Dak from now on.}

Bro. Ive go no qualms with any stance you want to take right now. 

#letsgo

Cowboys lets go.

Dak lets go.

Garrett, this maybe the opportunity you got. Lets go.

SL, Lets do it homie. Lets go. 

19 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

"Near"

Near is the key word.

Sure the QB is the determining factor  the QB if he wanted could literally take zero sacks of course he would hardly never complete a pass       

That is why I never put more than 50-60 if even that on the QB.  It is a balance like the whole game you get the playbcall the OL has to block long enough for to match the play the QB needs to read all this abandon the play go to other options the coaches need to have those other options available. Then you also have QB who are willing to just chuck it up even if they are passing the ball too soon befor the play developed hoping for something good (see Brees are game) in which case he doesn’t get sacked but he doesn’t make any plays and at times will turn the ball over more then mormal.  It Qb like Dak who maybe isn’t willing to risk the throw so he waits a little longer then he should putting too much trust in his physical abilities    

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

#letsgo

Cowboys lets go.

Dak lets go.

I'm going all out. Food, beer, music. I'm tailgating in my front acre at noon-ish.

I just feel bad for the fallen soldiers like b2b, trojans, and SA.

After that long playoff drought, I cherish every time I get a 17th game.

37 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

#letsgo

Cowboys lets go.

Dak lets go.

Then Lets Go......and Let him go and show him the door.

Archived