GDT [Wild Card Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks

canadaluvsdallas

6 hours ago, quiller said:

Also just FYI.  For the game colts got 75 yards more than their average on the ground and 86 LESS in passing so for the game were held 11 total yards under their game average so no they as a team actually got less then their game average  and scored 4 points less then they averaged a game so our D while played very badly still keep the score down  considering Indy got a ton of help from the refs This game was bout we failed To score when we had chances leaving at least 13-16 points on the board between missed FG dropped TD and coaches not taking the points when available by going for it on 4th down   The dropped TD missed FG causing a snow ball effect 

Again, I took getting run over as literally getting run over(giving up almost double their rushing yards)

from a loss perspective, I’m not placing any blame on the defense when the offense was shut out

I read something today that falls in the food for thought category.  Since 2012 in the 5 games the Seahawks and Cowboys have played in the regular season we are 1-4.  Our losses have been by 20, 1, 9, and 11 points.  However, we have been held to 13 points or less 3 times in these contests. The Pete Carroll led Seahawks have never lost their opening playoff game.

I think you have two very evenly matched clubs here.  Control Wilson and get Cooper involved early and we have a great chance of winning.  Hopefully our OL is healthy.  Seattle's OL is banged up.  Regardless Wilson scares me.  I have a lot of respect for him.

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Random fact I heard, if Dallas beats the Seahawks and moves on to play the Saints they will have faced every other NFC team in the playoffs at least once at some point.  They will be the only NFC team to have done that.  

Ah we have not played either the rams or Bears this year? So that’s a little faulty 

I posted my thoughts. I think we are the better team and if we play up to our capabilities as shown at times this year do not have a ton of silly penalties or silly mistakes dropped TD passes and get called for a ton of phantom penalties compared to Seattle we should win    In my mind the only area that Seattle has a edge is QB - OL and a slight edge at special teams.   We have a huge edge in RB - DL and Secondary  slight edge at LB  and reciever core is a wash 

don’t forget our reciever core is leaps and bounds better then the first game as is our QB play and OL they have improved in reciever play slightly but are mostly playing the same as they played us where they arguably played one of their best defensive game of the year 

5 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

I think it's supposed to mean, in our total history in the playoffs, we've played against every single NFC team except the Saints.  It's just another one of those stupid stats that I can't believe anyone would waste their time digging up.

Correct, that’s the way I took it.

25 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What's everyone's final predictions?

I was intensely more nervous about the Packers games. A pit in my stomach. 

It almost worries me how much I think this will be a game we will win. Not a blow out. But a ~20-17 game that we are hold all the numbers (the lead, TOP, yards, etc). One of those games where its 20-10 with 3 minutes left. They score, but the outcome wasnt really a question. 

Ahhhhhh, all last week I was predicting Seattle.

Last time we were in the playoffs I thought: "This is our time. No more losing to the same teams."

Well, we all saw how that worked out.

Have we learned from that?

Can we hold up against the pressure?

Best answer is, I will show up with my colors and support them all the way, but I just think experience counts here. And Seattle has more.

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

Ahhhhhh, all last week I was predicting Seattle.

Last time we were in the playoffs I thought: "This is our time. No more losing to the same teams."

Well, we all saw how that worked out.

Have we learned from that?

Can we hold up against the pressure?

Best answer is, I will show up with my colors and support them all the way, but I just think experience counts here. And Seattle has more.

in 2017 the Eagles had no experience. 

in 2016 the Panthers had no superbowl experience. 

2014 the Falcons had no experience

2013 the 9ers had no experience, the ravens had like 3 players.

I just want us to have that cinderella story. Every year there is a new one. Why not us?

55 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I just want us to have that cinderella story. Every year there is a new one. Why not us?

I say this every year. I'd love to see the Cowboys win one, considering I was 6 the last time we did. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Baltimore made the playoffs 4 straight years under Harbaugh before winning it all. Only one of those other four teams won it all

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

What's everyone's final predictions?

23 to 17. We again watch Dallas kick 3 FGs instead of punching it in. But We will move the ball. Wilson will make some great "escape plays" but we will for the most part control him as the speed of our "Wolf Hunter" and J Smith show why we can be a great defense. Do think we need D Law to lay the Law though.

And I really hope/expect Dallas to be less predictable on first downs. Can't believe I said that.

Damn I am so pumped... Sat Night cant get here soon enough..

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I was intensely more nervous about the Packers games. A pit in my stomach. 

It almost worries me how much I think this will be a game we will win. Not a blow out. But a ~20-17 game that we are hold all the numbers (the lead, TOP, yards, etc). One of those games where its 20-10 with 3 minutes left. They score, but the outcome wasnt really a question. 

I feel oddly confident as well. 

Archived