After The Storm. Two mock drafts.

DudeWhat???

Tough season. Bitter...i know..especially since we were literally a few easy to complete field goals away from not only the playoffs but damn near being undefeated....Time to regroup and improve. Going heavy on D in the beginning of this draft. I am actually satisfied with Offense...i think connor and jalen could actually make for a kamara and ingram type of combo ...our OC would have to be good enough to put them in those positions and schemes though. I am concerned with the age of Foster and the RT position. We haven't pick this high in a while...here is the bad news..its really not that high...we are still out of range from the game changing pass rushers... if you look at the stats..the majority of those von bell...types...14 to 16 sacks a season types...are top 5 to 15 easy...we had to learn the hard way...there is a reason why dupree fell to us... we were lucky..finding talent like harrison....but reality is more like lamarr woodely...when you pick in this area..the rushers are gone. still...tj watt has out paced dupree...and i hope we sever ties if possible and give some of the younger guys a chance. 

being this high in the draft...we may be able to trade down. we happen to be near teams like the raiders and colts who have picks to spare and might want to move up if an offensive player drops to us. ...the first mock is my favorite...from draft game...i can  see us getting an extra 2nd round pic..and yes..a kicker.

Round 1 Pick 28 (LAC): Mullen, Trayvon, CB, Clemson (B+)
Round 2 Pick 19: Hodge, Kalhil, ILB, Buffalo (B)
Round 2 Pick 28 (LAC): Ximines, Oshane, DE, Old Dominion (B)
Round 3 Pick 18: Ivey, Martez, OT, Florida (B)
Round 3 Pick 27 (LAC): Snell Jr, Benny, RB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: Ghaifan, Youhanna, DT, Wyoming (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4: Mims, Denzel, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 6 Pick 18: Baron II, John, K, San Diego State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6: Jones, Hootie, SS, Alabama (B)

second is a no trade draft. fanspeak. im thinking love wouldn't be their in the second..but who knows.

19: R1P19

LB MACK WILSON

ALABAMA

51: R2P19

CB JULIAN LOVE

NOTRE DAME

82: R3P18

CONNOR MCGOVERN

PENN STATE

121: R4P19

EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU

TEXAS

179: R6P4

OT COLTON JACKSON

ARKANSAS

193: R6P18

Round 1 Pick 19: Bush, Devin, OLB, Michigan (A)
Round 2 Pick 19: Coney, Tevon, ILB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: Brown, Blace, CB, Troy (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: Sills V, David, WR, West Virginia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4: Petite, Tyler, TE, Southern California (A+)
Round 6 Pick 18: McKinney, Prentice, FS, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6: Patrick, Jacques, RB, Florida State (A+)

1. Mack Wilson Alabama ILB

2. Amani Oruwariye Penn State CB

3. Elijah Holyfield Georgia RB

3b. Joe Jackson Miami (FL) EDGE - this is the projected pick for losing Bell.

4. Lil' Jordan Humphrey Texas WRF - At 6'4, He's large and in charge.

6. Cole Tracy LSU PK - Best kicker in the draft. 

6b. Tito Odenigbo Miami (FL) DL

7. Alex Bars Notre Dame OT

Mack Wilson is staying in school.

Please not Devon Bush in the 1st.  That is a reach and a 1/2

If your 1st round pick is not Devon White then pick a CB or EDGE BPA.  After White there is no 1st round ILB talent in this draft.  Picking at 20 leaves them in in a bit of a trough for CB as well.  After Greedy Williams and Byron Murphy( if he comes out), there is a big gap to the next level.  I think it depends on how you see DeAndre Baker.  I think they could trade down and get him because he is 5'11 but I am guessing.  After him you are looking at the 2nd round talent.  They are in the right area for Jachai Polite (EDGE) who would be a very good speed rusher.

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Mack Wilson is staying in school.

Please not Devon Bush in the 1st.  That is a reach and a 1/2

If your 1st round pick is not Devon White then pick a CB or EDGE BPA.  After White there is no 1st round ILB talent in this draft.  Picking at 20 leaves them in in a bit of a trough for CB as well.  After Greedy Williams and Byron Murphy( if he comes out), there is a big gap to the next level.  I think it depends on how you see DeAndre Baker.  I think they could trade down and get him because he is 5'11 but I am guessing.  After him you are looking at the 2nd round talent.  They are in the right area for Jachai Polite (EDGE) who would be a very good speed rusher.

Wilson staying in school is news to me.  Here is my updated draft:

1. Kris Boyd Texas CB

2. Oshane Ximines Old Dominion EDGE

3. Khalil Hodge Buffalo ILB

3b. Myles Gaskin Washington RBF

4. Lil' Jordan HumphreyTexas WRF

6. Cole Tracy LSU PK

6b G.G. Robinson Louisville DL

7. Zach GentryMichigan TE

OX is getting a lot of love and I couldn't be happier. He plays for my Alma Mater ODU. While there are some UDFA sprinkled around the NFL, I don't think ODU has ever had a player drafted. 2nd seems high to me. I know some "experts" even have him in the 1st. But I've seen him neutralized by small school talent. Of course he could be coached up but that concerns me. 

Here is what I wrote on Oshane in October and I stick by it.  I think he is an early to mid 2nd round pick.  Might get pushed down because of the depth at the position in this draft.

Oshane Ximines DE/OLB Old Dominion 6'2" 250lbs
Who? From where? While he's not the athlete that Polite is, what sets him apart is his polish as a defender. He not only can rush the passer but does a very good job in the run game. He has excellent hands and can get off blocks. He might not possess the upside of an elite pass rusher but his advanced game could allow him to see the field early.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Here is what I wrote on Oshane in October and I stick by it.  I think he is an early to mid 2nd round pick.  Might get pushed down because of the depth at the position in this draft.

Oshane Ximines DE/OLB Old Dominion 6'2" 250lbs
Who? From where? While he's not the athlete that Polite is, what sets him apart is his polish as a defender. He not only can rush the passer but does a very good job in the run game. He has excellent hands and can get off blocks. He might not possess the upside of an elite pass rusher but his advanced game could allow him to see the field early.

I wouldn't disagree with a lot of that but (1) When I see a guy described as an Edge player to me that means Pass Rusher. He is very inconsistent there often times literally jogging towards the QB. And (2) while I agree with much of your description, to me that doesn't sound like a 2nd Rdr. I do hope so. ODU is starting to get some talent in the 757. Talent that often went to UVA and VT. 

Archived